Greek Dictionary Words (e)
Greek words and definitions are taken from "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible".
and, but (either)...
- G2228. e, ay; a prim. particle of distinction between two connected terms; disjunctive, or; comparative, than:--and, but (either), (n-) either, except it be, (n-) or (else), rather, save, than, that, what, yea. Often used in connection with other particles. Comp. especially
- e:G2228 - me:G3361 (2 Cor 3:1, or)
- G2229. e, ay; an adv. of confirmation; perh. intens. of
G2228; used only (in the N.T.) before
- (Heb 6:14)
before, but, except...
- G1437. ean, eh-an'; from
G302; a conditional particle; in case that, provided, etc.; often used in connection with other particles to denote indefiniteness or uncertainty:--before, but, except, (and) if, (if) so, (what-, whither-) soever, though, when (-soever), whether (or), to whom, [who-] so (-ever). See
before, but, except...
- G3362. ean me, eh-an' may; i.e.
G3361; if not, i.e. unless:--X before, but, except, if no, (if, + whosoever) not.
- G2192. echo, ekh'-o; (includ. an alt. form scheo, skheh'-o; used in certain tenses only); a prim. verb; to hold (used in very various applications, lit. or fig., direct or remote; such as possession, ability, contiguity, relation or condition):--be (able, X hold, possessed with), accompany, + begin to amend, can (+ -not), X conceive, count, diseased, do, + eat, + enjoy, + fear, following, have, hold, keep, + lack, + go to law, lie, + must needs, + of necessity, + need, next, + recover, + reign, + rest, return, X sick, take for, + tremble, + uncircumcised, use.
- echo:G2192 chreia:G5532 (Mat 3:14, etc., have need; Mat 21:3, etc., hath need; Mark 2:25, etc., had need; 1 Th 4:12, have lack)
- echo:G2192 - chreia:G5532 (Mat 9:12, etc., need; John 2:25, needed; John 13:10, needeth; John 16:30, needest)
- echo:G2192 - kakos:G2560 (Mat 4:24, etc., sick)
- G2189. echthra, ekh'-thrah; fem. of
G2190; hostility; by impl. a reason for opposition:--enmity, hatred.
- G2190. echthros, ekh-thros'; from a prim. echtho (to hate); hateful (pass. odious, or act. hostile); usually as a noun, an adversary (espec. Satan):--enemy, foe.
already, (even) now (already), by this time
- G2235. ede, ay'-day; appar. from
G2228 (or possibly
G1211; even now:--already, (even) now (already), by this time.
awake, lift (up), raise (again, up), rear up...
- G1453. egeiro, eg-i'-ro; prob. akin to the base of
G58 (through the idea of collecting one's faculties); to waken (trans. or intrans.), i.e. rouse (lit. from sleep, from sitting or lying, from disease, from death; or fig. from obscurity, inactivity, ruins, nonexistence):--awake, lift (up), raise (again, up), rear up, (a-) rise (again, up), stand, take up.
approach, be at hand, come (draw) near, be (come, draw) nigh
- G1448. eggizo, eng-id'-zo; from
G1451; to make near, i.e. (reflex.) approach:--approach, be at hand, come (draw) near, be (come, draw) nigh.
from, at hand, near, nigh (at hand, unto), ready
- G1451. eggus, eng-goos'; from a prim. verb agcho (to squeeze or throttle; akin to the base of
G43); near (lit. or fig., of place or time):--from, at hand, near, nigh (at hand, unto), ready.
- (Luke 2:28)
forasmuch as, if, that, ([al-]) though, whether
- G1487. ei, i; a prim. particle of conditionality; if, whether, that, etc.:--forasmuch as, if, that, ([al-]) though, whether. Often used in connection or composition with other particles, espec. as in
G1537. See also
- G1488. ei, i; second pers. sing. pres. of
G1510; thou art:--art, be.
if (so be that, yet)
- G1489. eige, i'-gheh; from
G1065; if indeed, seeing that, unless, (with neg.) otherwise:--if (so be that, yet).
(or) else, if (not, otherwise), otherwise
- G1490. ei de me, i deh may' ; or ei de me ge, i deh may' gheh; from
G3361 (sometimes with
G1065 added); but if not:--(or) else, if (not, otherwise), otherwise.
appearance, fashion, shape, sight
- G1491. eidos, i'-dos; from
G1492; a view, i.e. form (lit. or fig.):--appearance, fashion, shape, sight.
canst, not tell, know, perceive, see, tell, understand...
- G1492. eido, i'-do; a prim. verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equiv.
G3708; prop. to see (lit. or fig.); by impl. (in the perf. only) to know:--be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Comp.
mean, + perish, should be, was, were
- G1498. eien, i'-ane; optative (i.e. Eng. subjunctive) pres. of
G1510 (includ. the other pers.); might (could, would or should) be:--mean, + perish, should be, was, were.
- G1657. eleutheria, el-yoo-ther-ee'ah; from
G1658; freedom (legitimate or licentious, chiefly mor. or cer.):--liberty.
if (that), though
- G1499. ei kai, i kahee; from
G2532; if also (or even):--if (that), though.
- G1502. eiko, i'-ko; appar. a prim. verb; prop. to be weak, i.e. yield:--give place.
- (Gal 2:5)
- G1503. eiko, i'-ko; appar. a prim. verb [perh. akin to
G1502 through the idea of faintness as a copy]; to resemble:--be like.
- G1504. eikon, i-kone'; from
G1503; a likeness, i.e. (lit.) statute, profile, or (fig.) representation, resemblance:--image.
but, except (that), if not, more than...
- G1508. ei me, i may; from
G3361; if not:--but, except (that), if not, more than, save (only) that, saving, till.
- G1509. ei me ti, i may tee; from
G1508 and the neut. of
G5100; if not somewhat:--except.
am, have been, X it is I, was
- G1510. eimi, i-mee'; first, pers. sing. pres. indic.; a prol. form of a prim. and defective verb; I exist (used only when emphatic):--am, have been, X it is I, was. See also
am, are, come, is, X lust after...
- G1511. einai, i'-nahee; pres. infin. from
G1510; to exist:--am, are, come, is, X lust after, X please well, there is, to be, was.
if so be (that), seeing, though
- G1512. ei per, i per; from
G4007; if perhaps:--if so be (that), seeing, though.
if by any means
- G1513. ei pos, i poce; from
G4458; if somehow:--if by any means.
[abundant-] ly, against, among, as, at...
- G1519. eis, ice; a prim. prep.; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (fig.) purpose (result, etc.); also in adv. phrases:--[abundant-] ly, against, among, as, at, [back-] ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for [intent, purpose], fore, + forth, in (among, at unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-) on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore (-unto), throughout, till, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-) until (-to), . . . ward, [where-] fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (lit. or fig.).
- eis:G1519 - ho:G3588 - me:G3361 (1 Cor 4:4, lest)
- eis:G1519 - peripoiesis:G4047
(1 Peter 2:9, peculiar)
- G1523. eisdechomai, ice-dekh'-om-ahee; from
G1209; to take into one's favor:--receive.
enter, went in...
- G1525. eiserchomai, ice-er'-khom-ahee; from
G2064; to enter (lit. or fig.):--X arise, come (in, into), enter in (-to), go in (through).
he that, if a (-ny) man ('s thing, from any, ought)...
- G1536. ei tis, i tis; from
G5100; if any:--he that, if a (-ny) man ('s thing, from any, ought), whether any, whosoever.
after, among, over...
- G1537. ek, ek; or ex, ex; a prim. prep. denoting origin (the point whence motion or action proceeds), from, out (of place, time or cause; lit. or fig.; direct or remote):--after, among, X are, at betwixt (-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+ abundantly above), for (-th), from (among, forth, up), + grudgingly, + heartily, X heavenly, X hereby, + very highly, in, . . . ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since, X thenceforth, through, X unto, X vehemently, with (-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion.
a (re-) venge
- G1556. ekdikeo, ek-dik-eh'-o; from
G1558; to vindicate, retaliate, punish:--a (re-) venge.
- G1557. ekdikesis, ek-dik'-ay-sis; from
G1556; vindication, retribution:--(a-, re-) venge (-ance), punishment.
a (re-) venger
- G1558. ekdikos, ek'-dik-os; from
G1349; carrying justice out, i.e. a punisher:--a (re-) venger.
- G1559. ekdioko, ek-dee-o'-ko; from
G1377; to pursue out, i.e. expel or persecute implacably:--persecute.
there, thither (-ward), (to) yonder (place)
- G1563. ekei, ek-i'; of uncert. affin.; there; by extens. thither:--there, thither (-ward), (to) yonder (place).
- G1565. ekeinos, ek-i'-nos; from
G1563; that one (or [neut.] thing); often intensified by the art. prefixed:--he, it, the other (same), selfsame, that (same, very), X their, X them, they, this, those. See also
- G1577. ekklesia, ek-klay-see'-ah; from a comp. of
G1537 and a der. of
G2564; a calling out, i.e. (concr.) a popular meeting, espec. a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Chr. community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
- G1583. eklaleo, ek-lal-eh'-o; from
G2980; to divulge:--tell.
make choice, choose (out), chosen
- G1586. eklegomai, ek-leg'-om-ahee; mid. from
G3004 (in its prim. sense); to select:--make choice, choose (out), chosen.
- G1588. eklektos, ek-lek-tos'; from
G1586; select; by impl. favorite:--chosen, elect.
- G1589. ekloge, ek-log-ay'; from
G1586; (divine) selection (abstr. or concr.):--chosen, election.
- G1628. ekpheugo, ek-fyoo'-go; from
G5343; to flee out:--escape, flee.
- G1601. ekpipto, ek-pip'-to; from
G4098; to drop away; spec. be driven out of one's course; fig. to lose, become inefficient:--be cast, fail, fall (away, off), take none effect.
[flowing] go, proceed, went...
- G1607. ekporeuomai, ek-por-yoo'-om-ahee; from
G4198; to depart, be discharged, proceed, project:--come (forth, out of), depart, go (forth, out), issue, proceed (out of).
cast, put forth, stretch forth (out)
- G1614. ekteino, ek-ti'-no; from
G1537 and teino (to stretch); to extend:--cast, put forth, stretch forth (out).
- G1615. ekteleo, ek-tel-eh'-o; from
G5055; to complete fully:--finish.
convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove
- G1651. elegcho, el-eng'-kho; of uncert. affin.; to confute, admonish:--convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove.
free (man, woman), at liberty
- G1658. eleutheros, el-yoo'-ther-os; prob. from the alt. of
G2064; unrestrained (to go at pleasure), i.e. (as a citizen) not a slave (whether freeborn or manumitted), or (gen.) exempt (from obligation or liability):--free (man, woman), at liberty.
deliver, make free
- G1659. eleutheroo, el-yoo-ther-o'-o; from
G1658; to liberate, i.e. (fig.) to exempt (from mor., cer. or mortal liability):--deliver, make free.
- G1694. Emmanouel, em-man-oo-ale'; of Heb. or.
[H6005]; God with us; Emmanuel, a name of Christ:--Emmanuel.
against, at, before, (in presence, sight) of
- G1715. emprosthen, em'-pros-then; from
G4314; in front of (in place, [lit. or fig.] or time):--against, at, before, (in presence, sight) of.
about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among...
- G1722. en, en; a prim. prep. denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by impl.) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between
G1537); "in," at, (up-) on, by, etc.:--about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-) by (+ all means), for (. . . sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-) in (-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-) on, [open-] ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, [speedi-] ly, X that, X there (-in, -on), through (-out), (un-) to(-ward), under, when, where (-with), while, with (-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) prep.
- en:G1722 (after) autos:G846 Heb 4:11, (same)
- en:G1722 - autos:G846 (Mat 21:19, etc. thereon; Luke 10:9, etc., therein; Luke 24:18, etc., there; Eph 2:16, etc., thereby; James 3:9, therewith)
- en:G1722 - gaster:G1064 - echo:G2192 (Mat 1:18, etc., with child)
- en:G1722 (Mat 27:56, etc., among; Acts 20:28, over) hos:G3739 (Mat 27:56, etc., which; Mark 15:40, etc., whom)
- en:G1722 (among) hos:G3739 - ean:G1437 (Mat 20:26; Mark 10:43, whosoever)
- en:G1722 - hos:G3739
(Mat 11:20, etc., wherein; Mark 2:19, etc., while; Luke 1:78, etc., whereby; Luke 22:7, etc., when; Acts 4:31, etc., where; Acts 24:18, etc., whereupon; Eph 6:16, etc., wherewith)
- en:G1722 - hos:G3739 - an:G302
(2 Cor 11:21, whereinsoever)
+ agree, be, X have (+ charge of)...
- G2258. en, ane; imperf. of
G1510; I (thou, etc.) was (wast or were):--+ agree, be, X have (+ charge of), hold, use, was (-t), were.
- en:G2258 - didasko:G1321 (Mat 7:29, etc., taught)
array, clothe, put on...
- G1746. enduo, en-doo'-o; from
G1416 (in the sense of sinking into a garment); to invest with clothing (lit. or fig.):--array, clothe (with), endue, have (put) on.
clothing, garment, raiment
- G1742. enduma, en'-doo-mah; from
G1746, apparel (espec. the outer robe):--clothing, garment, raiment.
operation, strong, (effectual) working
- G1753. energeia, en-erg'-i-ah; from
G1756; efficiency ("energy"):--operation, strong, (effectual) working.
- energeia:G1753 energeia:G1753
- G1756. energes, en-er-gace'; from
G2041: active, operative:--effectual, powerful.
- G1771. ennoia, en'-noy-ah; from a comp. of
G3563; thoughtfulness, i.e. moral understanding:--intent, mind.
- G1774. enoikeo, en-oy-keh'-o; from
G3611; to inhabit (fig.):--dwell in.
before, in the presence (sight) of, to
- G1799. enopion, en-o'-pee-on; neut. of a comp. of
G1722 and a der. of
G3700; in the face of (lit. or fig.):--before, in the presence (sight) of, to.
- G1760. enthumeomai, en-thoo-meh'-om-ahee; from a comp. of
G2372; to be inspirited, i.e. ponder:--think.
- G1761. enthumesis, en-thoo'-may-sis; from
G1760; deliberation:--device, thought.
(give) charge, (give) command(-ments), injoin
- G1781. entellomai, en-tel'-lom-ahee; from
G1722 and the base of
G5056; to enjoin:--(give) charge, (give) command(-ments), injoin.
dear, more honourable, precious, in reputation
- G1784. entimos, en'-tee-mos; from
G5092; valued (fig.):--dear, more honourable, precious, in reputation.
- G1785. entole, en-tol-ay'; from
G1781; injunction, i.e. an authoritative prescription:--commandment, precept.
- G1797. enupniazomai, en-oop-nee-ad'-zom-ahee; mid. from
G1798; to dream:--dream (-er).
- G1798. enupnion, en-oop'-nee-on; from
G5258; something seen in sleep, i.e. a dream (vision in a dream):--dream.
- G1860. epaggelia, ep-ang-el-ee'-ah; from
G1861; an announcement (for information, assent or pledge; espec. a divine assurance of good):--message, promise.
profess, (make) promise
- G1861. epaggello, ep-ang-el'-lo; from
G1909 and the base of
G32; to announce upon (reflex.), i.e. (by impl.) to engage to do something, to assert something respecting oneself:--profess, (make) promise.
exalt self, poise (lift, take) up, taken up
- G1869. epairo, ep-ahee'-ro; from
G142; to raise up (lit. or fig.):--exalt self, poise (lift, take) up.
come again, return
- G1880. epanerchomai, ep-an-er'-khom-ahee; from
G424; to come up on, i.e. return:--come again, return.
give (take) heed unto, hold forth, mark, stay
- G1907. epecho, ep-ekh'-o; from
G2192; to hold upon, i.e. (by impl.) to retain; (by extens.) to detain; (with impl. of
G3563) to pay attention to:--give (take) heed unto, hold forth, mark, stay.
be clothed upon
- G1902. ependuomai, ep-en-doo'-om-ahee; mid. from
G1746; to invest upon oneself:--be clothed upon.
- G2260. eper, ay'-per; from
G4007; than at all (or than perhaps, than indeed):--than.
come (in, upon)
- G1904. eperchomai, ep-er'-khom-ahee; from
G2064; to supervene, i.e. arrive, occur, impend, attack, (fig.) influence:--come (in, upon).
- G2181. Ephesos, ef'-es-os; prob. of for. or.; Ephesus, a city of Asia Minor:--Ephesus.
- G1909. epi, ep-ee'; a prim. prep. prop. mean. superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution [with the gen.], i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dat.) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the acc.) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, [where-]) fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, -to), (because) of, (up-) on (behalf of) over, (by, for) the space of, through (-out), (un-) to (-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (lit. or fig.).
appear, give light
- G2014. epiphaino, ep-ee-fah'ee-no; from
G5316; to shine upon, i.e. become (lit.) visible or (fig.) known:--appear, give light.
- G2015. epiphaneia, ep-if-an'-i-ah; from
G2016; a manifestation, i.e. (spec.) the advent of Christ (past or fut.):--appearing, brightness.
- G2016. epiphanes, ep-if-an-ace'; from
G2014; conspicuous, i.e. (fig.) memorable:--notable.
- G1996. episunago, ep-ee-soon-ag'-o; from
G4863; to collect upon the same place:--gather (together).
assembling (gathering) together
- G1997. episunagoge, ep-ee-soon-ag-o-gay'; from
G1996; a complete collection; spec. a Chr. meeting (for worship):--assembling (gathering) together.
- G2005. epiteleo, ep-ee-tel-eh'-o; from
G5055; to fulfill further (or completely), i.e. execute; by impl. to terminate, undergo:--accomplish, do, finish, (make) (perfect), perform (X -ance).
- G2036. epo, ep'-o; a prim. verb (used only in the def. past tense, the others being borrowed from
G5346); to speak or say (by word or writing):--answer, bid, bring word, call, command, grant, say (on), speak, tell. Comp.
celestial, (in) heaven (-ly), high
- G2032. epouranios, ep-oo-ran'-ee-os; from
G3772; above the sky:--celestial, (in) heaven (-ly), high.
accompany, appear, come, cometh...
- G2064. erchomai, er'-khom-ahee; mid. of a prin. verb (used only in the pres. and imperf. tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred [mid.] eleuthomai, el-yoo'-thom-ahee; or [act.] eltho, el'-tho; which do not otherwise occur); to come or go (in a great variety of applications, lit. and fig.):--accompany, appear, bring, come enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.
- erchomai:G2064 - sun:G4862 (Acts 11:12, accompanied)
call, say, speak (of), tell
- G2046. ereo, er-eh'-o; prob. a fuller form of
G4483; an alt. for
G2036 in cert. tenses; to utter, i.e. speak or say:--call, say, speak (of), tell.
desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness
- G2048. eremos, er'-ay-mos; of uncert. affin.; lonesome, i.e. (by impl.) waste (usually as a noun,
G5561 being implied):--desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness.
made desolate, come to nought...
- G2049. eremoo, er-ay-mo'-o; from
G2048; to lay waste (lit. or fig.):--(bring to, make) desolate (-ion), come to nought.
- G2050. eremosis, er-ay'-mo-sis; from
call, say, speak (of), tell
- G2046. ereo, er-eh'-o; prob. a fuller form of
G4483; an alt. for
G2036 in cert. tenses; to utter, i.e. speak or say:--call, say, speak (of), tell.
- G2045. ereunao, er-yoo-nah'-o; appar. from
G2046 (through the idea of inquiry); to seek, i.e. (fig.) to investigate:--search.
deed, doing, labour, work
- G2041. ergon, er'-gon; from a prim. (but obsol.) ergo (to work); toil (as an effort or occupation); by impl. an act:--deed, doing, labour, work.
ask, beseech, desire, intreat, pray
- G2065. erotao, er-o-tah'-o; appar. from
G2045]; to interrogate; by impl. to request:--ask, beseech, desire, intreat, pray. Comp.
ends of, last, latter end, lowest, uttermost
- G2078. eschatos, es'-khat-os; a superl. prob. from
G2192 (in the sense of contiguity); farthest, final (of place or time):--ends of, last, latter end, lowest, uttermost.
are, be, have our being, X have hope...
- G2070. esmen, es-men'; first pers. plur. indic. of
G1510; we are:--are, be, have our being, X have hope, + [the gospel] was [preached unto] us.
shall (should) be (have), (shall) come (to pass)...
- G2071. esomai, es'-om-ahee; fut. of
G1510; will be:--shall (should) be (have), (shall) come (to pass), X may have, X fall, what would follow, X live long, X sojourn.
be, have been, belong
- G2075. este, es-teh'; second pers. plur. pres. indic. of
G1510; ye are:--be, have been, belong.
- (John 15:27)
are, be (-long), call, X can [-not], come...
- G2076. esti, es-tee'; third pers. sing. pres. indic. of
G1510; he (she or it) is; also (with neut. plur.) they are:--are, be (-long), call, X can [-not], come, consisteth, X dure for awhile, + follow, X have, (that) is (to say), make, meaneth, X must needs, + profit, + remaineth, + wrestle.
Gentile, heathen, nation, people
- G1484. ethnos, eth'-nos; prob. from
G1486; a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; spec. a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by impl. pagan):--Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
be custom (manner, wont)
- G1486. etho, eth'-o; a prim. verb; to be used (by habit or conventionality); neut. perf. part. usage:--be custom (manner, wont).
- G2273. etoi, ay'-toy; from
G5104; either indeed:--whether.
- (Rom 6:16)
good, well (done)
- G2095. eu, yoo; neut. of a prim. eus (good); (adv.) well:--good, well (done).
- G2098. euaggelion, yoo-ang-ghel'-ee-on; from the same as
G2097; a good message, i.e. the gospel:--gospel.
glad (good) tidings, preach (the gospel)...
- G2097. euaggelizo, yoo-ang-ghel-id'-zo ); from
G32; to announce good news ("evangelize") espec. the gospel:--declare, bring (declare, show) glad (good) tidings, preach (the gospel).
- G2100. euaresteo, yoo-ar-es-teh'-o; from
G2101; to gratify entirely:--please (well).
acceptable (-ted), wellpleasing
- G2101. euarestos, yoo-ar'-es-tos; from
G701; fully agreeable:--acceptable (-ted), wellpleasing.
- G2106. eudokeo, yoo-dok-eh'-o; from
G1380; to think well of, i.e. approve (an act); spec. to approbate (a person or thing):--think good, (be well) please (-d), be the good (have, take) pleasure, be willing.
desire, good pleasure (will), X seem good
- G2107. eudokia, yoo-dok-ee'-ah; from a presumed comp. of
G2095 and the base of
G1380; satisfaction, i.e. (subj.) delight, or (obj.) kindness, wish, purpose:--desire, good pleasure (will), X seem good.
- G2127. eulogeo, yoo-log-eh'-o; from a comp. of
G3056; to speak well of, i.e. (religiously) to bless (thank or invoke a benediction upon, prosper):--bless, praise.
blessing (a matter of) bounty (X -tifully), fair speech
- G2129. eulogia, yoo-log-ee'-ah; from the same as
G2127; fine speaking, i.e. elegance of language; commendation ("eulogy"), i.e. (reverentially) adoration; religiously, benediction; by impl. consecration; by extens. benefit or largess:--blessing (a matter of) bounty (X -tifully), fair speech.
- G1810. exaiphnes, ex-ah'eef-nace; from
G1537 and the base of
G160; of a sudden (unexpectedly):--suddenly. Comp.
- G1818. exapatao, ex-ap-at-ah'-o; from
G538; to seduce wholly:--beguile, deceive.
- G1819. exapina, ex-ap'-ee-nah; from
G1537 and a der. of the same as
G160; of a sudden, i.e. unexpectedly:--suddenly. Comp.
- G1834. exegeomai, ex-ayg-eh'-om-ahee; from
G2233; to consider out (aloud), i.e. rehearse, unfold.--declare, tell.
- G1831. exerchomai, ex-er'-khom-ahee; from
G2064; to issue (lit. or fig.):--come-(forth, out), depart (out of), escape, get out, go (abroad, away, forth, out, thence), proceed (forth), spread abroad.
be lawful, let, X may (-est)
- G1832. exesti, ex'-es-tee; third pers. sing. pres. indic. of a comp. of
G1510; so also exon, ex-on'; neut. pres. part. of the same (with or without some form of
G1510 expressed); impers. it is right (through the fig. idea of being out in public):--be lawful, let, X may (-est).
- G1841. exodos, ex'-od-os; from
G3598; an exit, i.e. (fig.) death:--decease, departing.
set at nought
- G1847. exoudenoo, ex-oo-den-o'-o; from
G1537 and a der. of the neut. of
G3762; to make utterly nothing of, i.e. despise:--set at nought. See also
authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength
- G1849. exousia, ex-oo-see'-ah; from
G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, i.e. (subj.) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (obj.) mastery (concr. magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:--authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.
set at nought...
- G1848. exoutheneo, ex-oo-then-eh'-o; a var. of
G1847 and mean. the same:--contemptible, despise, least esteemed, set at nought.
Click here for more Dictionary!
© 1997-2070, Al M. Rogers, Jr.