Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary Words (s-z)
Hebrew and Chaldee words and definitions are taken from "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible".
- H7646. saba', saw-bah'; or sabea', saw-bay'-ah; a prim. root; to sate, i.e. fill to satisfaction (lit. or fig.):--have enough, fill (full, self, with), be (to the) full (of), have plenty of, be satiate, satisfy (with), suffice, be weary of.
consider, expert, instruct, prosper...
- H7919. sakal, saw-kal'; a prim. root; to be (caus. make or act) circumspect and hence intelligent:--consider, expert, instruct, prosper, (deal) prudent (-ly), (give) skill (-ful), have good success, teach, (have, make to) understand (-ing), wisdom, (be, behave self, consider, make) wise (-ly), guide wittingly.
sack (-cloth, -clothes)
- H8242. saq, sak; from
H8264; prop. a mesh (as allowing a liquid to run through), i.e. coarse loose cloth or sacking (used in mourning and for bagging); hence a bag (for grain, etc.):--sack (-cloth, -clothes).
- H8269. sar, sar; from
H8323; a head person (of any rank or class):--captain (that had rule), chief (captain), general, governor, keeper, lord, ([-task-]) master, prince (-ipal), ruler, steward.
have power (as a prince)
- H8280. sarah, saw-raw'; a prim. root; to prevail:--have power (as a prince).
- H8313. saraph, saw-raf'; a prim. root; to be (caus. set) on fire:--(cause to, make a) burn ([-ing], up), kindle, X utterly.
fiery (serpent), seraph
- H8314. saraph, saw-rawf'; from
H8313; burning, i.e. (fig.) poisonous (serpent); spec. a saraph or symbol. creature (from their copper color):--fiery (serpent), seraph.
X altogether, make self a prince, (bear) rule
- H8323. sarar, saw-rar'; a prim. root; to have (trans. exercise; reflex. get) dominion:-- X altogether, make self a prince, (bear) rule.
(be an) adversary, resist
- H7853. satan, saw-tan'; a prim. root; to attack, (fig.) accuse:--(be an) adversary, resist.
adversary, Satan, withstand
- H7854. satan, saw-tawn'; from
H7853; an opponent: espec. (with the art. pref.) Satan, the arch-enemy of good:--adversary, Satan, withstand.
(lesser, small) cattle, ewe, lamb, sheep
- H7716. seh, seh; or sey, say; prob. from H7582 through the idea of pushing out to graze; a member of a flock, i.e. a sheep or goat:--(lesser, small) cattle, ewe, lamb, sheep.
- H7922. sekel, seh'-kel; or sekel, say'-kel; from
H7919; intelligence; by impl. success:--discretion, knowledge, policy, prudence, sense, understanding, wisdom, wise.
X mightily, roar
- H7580. sha'ag, shaw-ag'; a prim. root; to rumble or moan:-- X mightily, roar.
leave, (be) left, let, remain, remnant, reserve, the rest
- H7604. sha'ar, shaw-ar'; a prim. root; prop. to swell up, i.e. be (caus. make) redundant:--leave, (be) left, let, remain, remnant, reserve, the rest.
X other, remnant, residue, rest
- H7605. she'ar, sheh-awr'; from
H7604; a remainder:-- X other, remnant, residue, rest.
- H7620. shabuwa', shaw-boo'-ah; or shabua', shaw-boo'-ah; also (fem.) shebu'ah, sheb-oo-aw'; prop. pass. part. of
H7650 as a denom. of
H7651; lit. sevened, i.e. a week (spec. of years):--seven, week.
- H7650. shaba', shaw-bah'; a prim. root; prop. to be complete, but used only as a denom. from
H7651; to seven oneself, i.e. swear (as if by repeating a declaration seven times):--adjure, charge (by an oath, with an oath), feed to the full [by mistake for
H7646], take an oath, X straitly, (cause to, make to) swear.
(+ by) seven ([-fold], -s, [-teen, -teenth], -th, times)
- H7651. sheba', sheh'-bah; or (masc.) shib'ah, shib-aw'; from
H7650; a prim. cardinal number; seven (as the sacred full one); also (adv.) seven times; by impl. a week; by extens. an indefinite number:-- (+ by) seven ([-fold], -s, [-teen, -teenth], -th, times). Comp.
- H7658. shib'anah, shib-aw-naw'; prol. for the masc. of
hope, tarry, view, wait
- H7663. sabar, saw-bar'; erroneously shabar (Neh. 2:13,
H15), shaw-bar'; a prim. root; to scrutinize; by impl. (of watching) to expect (with hope and patience):--hope, tarry, view, wait.
- H7665. shabar, shaw-bar'; a prim. root; to burst (lit. or fig.):--break (down, off, in pieces, up), broken ([-hearted]), bring to the birth, crush, destroy, hurt, quench, X quite, tear, view [by mistake for
celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath)...
- H7673. shabath, shaw-bath'; a prim. root; to repose, i.e. desist from exertion; used in many impl. relations (caus., fig. or spec.):--(cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.
(+ every) sabbath
- H7676. shabbath, shab-bawth'; intens. from
H7673; intermission, i.e. (spec.) the Sabbath:-- (+ every) sabbath.
- H7812. shachah, shaw-khaw'; a prim. root; to depress, i.e. prostrate (espec. reflex. in homage to royalty or God):--bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship.
- H7843. shachath, shaw-khath'; a prim. root; to decay, i.e. (caus.) ruin (lit. or fig.):--batter, cast off, corrupt (-er, thing), destroy (-er, -uction), lose, mar, perish, spill, spoiler, X utterly, waste (-r).
corruption, destruction, ditch, grave, pit
- H7845. shachath, shakh'-ath; from
H7743; a pit (espec. as a trap); fig. destruction:--corruption, destruction, ditch, grave, pit.
- H7835. shachar, shaw-khar'; a prim. root [rather ident. with
H7836 through the idea of the duskiness of early dawn]; to be dim or dark (in color):--be black.
- (Job 30:30)
[do something] betimes, enquire early...
- H7836. shachar, shaw-khar'; a prim. root; prop. to dawn, i.e. (fig.) be (up) early at any task (with the impl. of earnestness); by extens. to search for (with painstaking):--[do something] betimes, enquire early, rise (seek) betimes, seek (diligently) early, in the morning).
- H7838. shachor, shaw-khore'; or shachowr, shaw-khore'; from
H7835; prop. dusky, but also (absol.) jetty:--black.
- H7706. Shadday, shad-dah'ee; from
H7703, the Almighty:--Almighty.
be as snow
- H7949. shalag, shaw-lag'; a prim. root; prop. mean. to be white; used only as denom. from
H7950; to be snow-white (with the linen clothing of the slain):--be as snow.
- H7950. sheleg, sheh'-leg; from
H7949; snow (prob. from its whiteness):--snow (-y).
- H8104. shamar, shaw-mar'; a prim. root; prop. to hedge about (as with thorns), i.e. guard; gen. to protect, attend to, etc.:--beware, be circumspect, take heed (to self), keep (-er, self), mark, look narrowly, observe, preserve, regard, reserve, save (self), sure, (that lay) wait (for), watch (-man).
- H8076. shamem, shaw-mame'; from H8074; ruined:--desolate.
(laid, X most) desolate (-ion), waste
- H8077. shemamah, shem-aw-maw'; or shimamah, shee-mam-aw'; fem. of
H8076; devastation; fig. astonishment:--(laid, X most) desolate (-ion), waste.
desolation, destruction, oppression, wasting...
- H7701. shod, shode; or showd (Job 5 : 21), shode; from
H7736; violence, ravage:--desolation, destruction, oppression, robbery, spoil (-ed, -er, -ing), wasting.
dead, destroy (-er), oppress, waste...
- H7703. shadad, shaw-dad'; a prim. root; prop. to be burly, i.e. (fig.) powerful (pass. impregnable); by impl. to ravage:--dead, destroy (-er), oppress, robber, spoil (-er), X utterly, (lay) waste.
desolate (-ion), destroy, destruction, storm, wasteness
- H7722. show', sho; or (fem.) show'ah, sho-aw'; or sho'ah, sho-aw'; from an unused root mean. to rush over; a tempest; by impl. devastation:--desolate (-ion), destroy, destruction, storm, wasteness.
- H7736. shuwd, shood; a prim. root; prop. to swell up, i.e. fig. (by impl. of insolence) to devastate:--waste.
rise up) early (betimes), morning...
- H7925. shakam, shaw-kam'; a prim. root; prop. to incline (the shoulder to a burden); but used only as denom. from
H7926; lit. to load up (on the back of man or beast), i.e. to start early in the morning:--(arise, be up, get [oneself] up, rise up) early (betimes), morning.
abide, dwell, have habitation, inhabit...
- H7931. shakan, shaw-kan'; a prim. root [appar. akin (by transm.) to H7901 through the idea of lodging; comp. H5531, H7925]; to reside or permanently stay (lit. or fig.):--abide, continue, (cause to, make to) dwell (-er), have habitation, inhabit, lay, place, (cause to) remain, rest, set (up).
- H7962. shalvah, shal-vaw'; from H7951; security (genuine or false):--abundance, peace (-ably), prosperity, quietness.
make restitution, restore, reward...
- H7999. shalam, shaw-lam'; a prim. root; to be safe (in mind, body or estate); fig. to be (caus. make) completed; by impl. to be friendly; by extens. to reciprocate (in various applications):--make amends, (make an) end, finish, full, give again, make good, (re-) pay (again), (make) (to) (be at) peace (-able), that is perfect, perform, (make) prosper (-ous), recompense, render, requite, make restitution, restore, reward, X surely.
- H8003. shalem, shaw-lame'; from
H7999; complete (lit. or fig.); espec. friendly:--full, just, made ready, peaceable, perfect (-ed), quiet, Shalem [by mistake for a name], whole.
- H8004. Shalem, shaw-lame'; the same as
H8003; peaceful; Shalem, an early name of Jerus.:--Salem.
- H7965. shalowm, shaw-lome'; or shalom, shaw-lome'; from
H7999; safe, i.e. (fig.) well, happy, friendly; also (abstr.) welfare, i.e. health, prosperity, peace:-- X do, familiar, X fare, favour, + friend, X greet, (good) health, (X perfect, such as be at) peace (-able, -ably), prosper (-ity, -ous), rest, safe (-ly), salute, welfare, (X all is, be) well, X wholly.
in it, + thence, there (-in, + of, + out), + thither, + whither
- H8033. sham, shawm; a prim. particle [rather from the rel.
H834]; there (transf. to time) then; often thither, or thence:--in it, + thence, there (-in, + of, + out), + thither, + whither.
- H8064. shamayim, shaw-mah'-yim; dual of an unused sing. shameh, shaw-meh'; from an unused root mean. to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perh. alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve):--air, X astrologer, heaven (-s).
- H8047. shammah, sham-maw'; from
H8074; ruin; by impl. consternation:--astonishment, desolate (-ion), waste, wonderful thing.
- H8074. shamem, shaw-mame'; a prim. root; to stun (or intrans. grow numb), i.e. devastate or (fig.) stupefy (both usually in a passive sense):--make amazed, be astonied, (be an) astonish (-ment), (be, bring into, unto, lay, lie, make) desolate (-ion, places), be destitute, destroy (self), (lay, lie, make) waste, wonder.
- H8141. shaneh, (in plur. only), shaw-neh'; or (fem.) shanah, shaw-naw'; from H8138; a year (as a revolution of time):-- + whole age, X long, + old, year (X -ly).
execute (judgment), (be a) judge (-ment)...
- H8199. shaphat, shaw-fat'; a prim. root; to judge, i.e. pronounce sentence (for or against); by impl. to vindicate or punish; by extens. to govern; pass to litigate (lit. or fig.):-- + avenge, X that condemn, contend, defend, execute (judgment), (be a) judge (-ment), X needs, plead, reason, rule.
have appetite, justle one against another...
- H8264. shaqaq, shaw-kak'; a prim. root; to course (like a beast of prey); by impl. to seek greedily:--have appetite, justle one against another, long, range, run (to and fro).
to unveil (fig.):--be open
- H8365. shatham, shaw-tham'; a prim. root; to unveil (fig.):--be open.
rod, sceptre, staff...
- H7626. shebet, shay'-bet; from an unused root prob. mean. to branch off, a scion, i.e. (lit.) a stick (for punishing, writing, fighting, ruling, walking, etc.) or (fig.) a clan:-- X correction, dart, rod, sceptre, staff, tribe.
- H7840. shecharchoreth, shekh-ar-kho'-reth; from
back, X consent, portion, shoulder
- H7926. shekem, shek-em'; from
H7925; the neck (between the shoulers) as the place of burdens; fig. the spur of a hill:--back, X consent, portion, shoulder.
- H7927. Shekem, shek-em'; the same as
H7926; ridge; Shekem, a place in Pal.:--Shechem.
(be filled with) drink (abundantly), (be, make) drunk (-en)...
- H7937. shakar, shaw-kar'; a prim. root; to become tipsy; in a qualified sense, to satiate with a stimulating drink or (fig.) influence:--(be filled with) drink (abundantly), (be, make) drunk (-en), be merry. [Superlative of
- H8132. shana', shaw-naw'; a prim. root; to alter:--change.
alter, change, (be) diverse
- H8133. shena', (Chald.), shen-aw'; corresp. to
H8132:--alter, change, (be) diverse.
grave, hell, pit
- H7585. she'owl, sheh-ole'; or she'ol, sheh-ole'; from
H7592; hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), includ. its accessories and inmates:--grave, hell, pit.
ask (counsel, on), beg, borrow, lay to charge, consult...
- H7592. sha'al, shaw-al'; or sha'el, shaw-ale'; a prim. root; to inquire; by impl. to request; by extens. to demand:--ask (counsel, on), beg, borrow, lay to charge, consult, demand, desire, X earnestly, enquire, + greet, obtain leave, lend, pray, request, require, + salute, X straitly, X surely, wish.
- H7782. showphar, sho-far'; or sho-phar, sho-far'; from
H8231 in the orig. sense of incising; a cornet (as giving a clear sound) or curved horn:--cornet, trumpet.
abase, bring (cast, put) down, debase, humble...
- H8213. shaphel, shaw-fale'; a prim. root; to depress or sink (espec. fig. to humiliate, intrans. or trans.):--abase, bring (cast, put) down, debase, humble (self), be (bring, lay, make, put) low (-er).
abase, humble, put down, subdue
- H8214. shephal, (Chald.), shef-al'; corresp. to
H8213:--abase, humble, put down, subdue.
- H8231. shaphar, shaw-far'; a prim. root; to glisten, i.e. (fig.) be (caus. make) fair:-- X goodly.
- (Psa 16:6)
- H8248. shaqah, shaw-kaw'; a prim. root; to quaff, i.e. (caus.) to irrigate or furnish a potion to:--cause to (give, give to, let, make to) drink, drown, moisten, water. See
fail, deal falsely, lie
- H8266. shaqar, shaw-kar'; a prim. root; to cheat, i.e. be untrue (usually in words):--fail, deal falsely, lie.
- H8267. sheqer, sheh'-ker; from
H8266; an untruth; by impl. a sham (often adv.):--without a cause, deceit (-ful), false (-hood, -ly), feignedly, liar, + lie, lying, vain (thing), wrongfully.
- H7969. shalowsh, shaw-loshe'; or shalosh, shaw-loshe'; masc. shelowshah, shel-o-shaw'; or sheloshah, shel-o-shaw'; a prim. number; three; occasionally (ordinal) third, or (multipl.) thrice:-- + fork, + often [-times], third, thir [-teen, -teenth], three, + thrice. Comp.
captain, instrument of musick, three...
- H7991. shaliysh, shaw-leesh'; or ` shalowsh (H1 Chron. 11:11; 12:18). shaw-loshe'; or ` shalosh
(H2 Sam. 23:13), shaw-loshe'; from
H7969; a triple, i.e. (as a musical instrument) a triangle (or perh. rather three-stringed lute); also (as an indef. great quantity) a three-fold measure (perh. a treble ephah); also (as an officer) a general of the third rank (upward, i.e. the highest):--captain, instrument of musick, (great) lord, (great) measure, prince, three [from the marg.].
third (part, rank, time), three (years old)
- H7992. sheliyshiy, shel-ee-shee'; ordinal from
H7969; third; fem. a third (part); by extens. a third (day, year or time); spec. a third-story cell):--third (part, rank, time), three (years old).
X assuredly, banquet, X certainly, drink (-er, -ing)...
- H8354. shathah, shaw-thaw'; a prim. root; to imbibe (lit. or fig.):-- X assuredly, banquet, X certainly, drink (-er, -ing), drunk (X -ard), surely. [Prop. intensive of
- H7586. Sha'uwl, shaw-ool'; pass. part. of
H7592; asked; Shaul, the name of an Edomite and two Isr.:--Saul, Shaul.
- H7893. shayish, shah'-yish; from an unused root mean. to bleach, i.e. whiten; white, i.e. marble:--marble. See
X blue, fine [(twined]) linen, marble, silk
- H8336. shesh, shaysh; or (for alliteration with
H4897) sheshiy, shesh-ee'; for
H7893; bleached stuff, i.e. white linen or (by anal.) marble:-- X blue, fine [(twined]) linen, marble, silk.
branch, channel, ear (of corn)...
- H7641. shibbol, shib-bole'; or (fem.) shibboleth, shib-bo'-leth; from the same as
H7640; a stream (as flowing); also an ear of grain (as growing out); by anal. a branch:--branch, channel, ear (of corn), ([water-]) flood, Shibboleth. Comp.
- H7848. shittah, shit-taw'; fem. of a deriv. [only in the plur. shittiym, shit-teem', mean. the sticks of wood] from the same as
H7850; the acacia (from its scourging thorns):--shittah, shittim. See also
- H7850. shotet, sho-tate'; act. part. of an otherwise unused root mean. (prop. to pierce; but only as a denom. from
H7752) to flog; a goad:--scourge.
- H7851. Shittiym, shit-teem'; the same as the plur. of
H7848; acacia trees; Shittim, a place E. of the Jordan:--Shittim.
- H7891. shiyr, sheer; or (the orig. form) ` shuwr (H1 Sam. 18: 6), shoor; a prim. root [rather ident. with
H7788 through the idea of strolling minstrelsy]; to sing:--behold [bymistake for
H7789], sing (-er, -ing man, -ing woman).
- H7640. shobel, show'-bel; from an unused root mean. to flow; a lady's train (as trailing after her):--leg.
- (Isa 47:2)
- H7794. showr, shore; from
H7788; a bullock (as a traveller):--bull (-ock), cow, ox, wall [by mistake for
go (about, through, to and fro), mariner...
- H7751. shuwt, shoot; a prim. root; prop. to push forth; (but used only fig.) to lash, i.e. (the sea with oars) to row; by impl. to travel:--go (about, through, to and fro), mariner, rower, run to and fro.
- H7752. showt, shote; from
H7751; a lash (lit. or fig.):--scourge, whip.
- H7725. shuwb, shoob; a prim. root; to turn back (hence, away) trans. or intrans., lit. or fig. (not necessarily with the idea of return to the starting point); gen. to retreat; often adv. again:--
([break, build, circumcise, dig, do anything, do evil, feed, lay down, lie down, lodge, make, rejoice, send, take, weep]) X again, (cause to) answer (+ again), X in any case (wise), X at all, averse, bring (again, back, home again), call [to mind], carry again (back), cease, X certainly, come again (back) X consider, + continually, convert, deliver (again), + deny, draw back, fetch home again, X fro, get [oneself] (back) again, X give (again), go again (back, home), [go] out, hinder, let, [see] more, X needs, be past, X pay, pervert, pull in again, put (again, up again), recall, recompense, recover, refresh, relieve, render (again), X repent, requite, rescue, restore, retrieve, (cause to, make to) return, reverse, reward, + say nay, send back, set again, slide back, still, X surely, take back (off), (cause to, make to) turn (again, self again, away, back, back again, backward, from, off), withdraw.
hem, skirt, train
- H7757. shuwl, shool; from an unused root mean. to hang down; a skirt; by impl. a bottom edge:--hem, skirt, train.
- H7788. shuwr, shoor; a prim. root; prop. to turn, i.e. travel about (as a harlot or a merchant):--go, sing. See also
behold, lay wait, look, observe, perceive, regard, see
- H7789. shuwr, shoor; a prim. root [rather ident. with
H7788 through the idea of going round for inspection]; to spy out, i.e. (gen.) survey, (for evil) lurk for, (for good) care for:--behold, lay wait, look, observe, perceive, regard, see.
- H7790. shuwr, shoor; from
H7789; a foe (as lying in wait):--enemy.
- H7791. shuwr, shoor; from
H7788; a wall (as going about):--wall.
- H7792. shuwr, (Chald.), shoor; corresp. to
- H7793. Shuwr, shoor; the same as
H7791; Shur, a region of the Desert:--Shur.
- H8055. samach, saw-makh'; a prim. root; prob. to brighten up, i.e. (fig.) be (caus. make) blithe or gleesome:--cheer up, be (make) glad, (have make) joy (-ful), be (make) merry, (cause to, make to) rejoice, X very.
- H8056. sameach, saw-may'-akh; from
H8055; blithe or gleeful:--(be) glad, joyful, (making) merry ([-hearted]), rejoice (-ing).
- H8057. simchah, sim-khaw'; from
H8056 blithesomeness or glee, (religious or festival):-- X exceeding (-ly), gladness, joy (-fulness), mirth, pleasure, rejoice (-ing).
be drawn, mark out, [Rimmon-] methoar...
- H8388. ta'ar, taw-ar'; a prim. root; to delineate; reflex. to extend:--be drawn, mark out, [Rimmon-] methoar [by union with
figure, form, likeness, pattern, similitude
- H8403. tabniyth, tab-neeth'; from
H1129; structure; by impl. a model, resemblance:--figure, form, likeness, pattern, similitude.
- H8474. tacharah, takh-aw-raw'; a factitious root from
H2734 through the idea of the heat of jealousy; to vie with a rival:--close, contend.
clean, cleanse, purge, purify...
- H2891. taher, taw-hare'; a prim. root; prop. to be bright; i.e. (by impl.) to be pure (phys. sound, clear, unadulterated; Levit. uncontam-inated; mor. innocent or holy):--be (make, make self, pronounce) clean, cleanse (self), purge, purify (-ier, self).
clearness, glory, purifying
- H2892. tohar, to'-har; from
H2891; lit. brightness; ceremon. purification:--clearness, glory, purifying.
coupled together, perfect, plain, undefiled, upright
- H8535. tam, tawm; from
H8552; complete; usually (mor.) pious; spec. gentle, dear:--coupled together, perfect, plain, undefiled, upright.
consume, come to the full, finished, wasted...
- H8552. tamam, taw-mam'; a prim. root; to complete; in a good or a bad sense, lit. or fig., trans. or intrans. (as follows):--accomplish, cease, be clean [pass-] ed, consume, have done, (come to an, make an) end, fail, come to the full, be all gone, X be all here, be (make) perfect, be spent, sum, be (shew self) upright, be wasted, whole.
- (Dan 8:23, come to the full; Josh 4:10, finished)
- H8558. tamar, taw-mawr'; from an unused root mean. to be erect; a palm tree:--palm (tree).
without blemish, perfect...
- H8549. tamiym, taw-meem'; from
H8552; entire (lit., fig. or mor.); also (as noun) integrity, truth:--without blemish, complete, full, perfect, sincerely (-ity), sound, without spot, undefiled, upright (-ly), whole.
- H8574. tannuwr, tan-noor'; from
H5216; a fire-pot:--furnace, oven.
- H8628. taqa', taw-kah'; a prim. root; to clatter, i.e. slap (the hands together), clang (an instrument); by anal. to drive (a nail or tent-pin, a dart, etc.); by impl. to become bondsman (by hand-clasping):--blow ([a trumpet]), cast, clap, fasten, pitch [tent], smite, sound, strike, X suretiship, thrust.
- H8432. tavek, taw'-vek; from an unused root mean. to sever; a bisection, i.e. (by impl.) the centre:--among (-st), X between, half, X (there-, where-) in (-to), middle, mid [-night], midst (among), X out (of), X through, X with (-in).
- H8457. taznuwth, taz-nooth'; or taznuth, taz-nooth'; from
H2181; harlotry, i.e. (fig.) idolatry:--fornication, whoredom.
kill, (make) slaughter, slay
- H2873. tabach, taw-bakh'; a prim. root; to slaughter (animals or men):--kill, (make) slaughter, slay.
- H2874. tebach, teh'-bakh; from
H2873; prop. something slaughtered; hence a beast (or meat, as butchered); abstr. butchery (or concr. a place of slaughter):-- X beast, slaughter, X slay, X sore.
- H8406. tebar, (Chald.), teb-ar'; corresp. to
H7665; to be fragile (fig.):--broken.
fruit, gain, increase, revenue
- H8393. tebuw'ah, teb-oo-aw'; from H935; income, i.e. produce (lit. or fig.):--fruit, gain, increase, revenue.
- H8384. te'en, teh-ane'; or (in the sing., fem.) te'enah, teh-ay-naw'; perh. of for. der.; the fig. (tree or fruit):--fig (tree).
deep (place), depth
- H8415. tehowm, teh-home'; or tehom, teh-home'; (usually fem.) from
H1949; an abyss (as a surging mass of water), espec. the deep (the main sea or the subterranean water-supply):--deep (place), depth.
- H8517. telag, (Chald.), tel-ag'; corresp. to
image, likeness, similitude
- H8544. temuwnah, tem-oo-naw'; or temunah, tem-oo-naw'; from
H4327; something portioned (i.e. fashioned) out, as a shape, i.e. (indef.) phantom, or (spec.) embodiment, or (fig.) manifestation (of favor):--image, likeness, similitude.
offering, shaking, wave (offering)
- H8573. tenuwphah, ten-oo-faw'; from H5130; a brandishing (in threat); by impl. tumult; spec. the official undulation of sacrificial offerings:--offering, shaking, wave (offering).
- H8643. teruw'ah, ter-oo-aw'; from
H7321; clamor, i.e. acclamation of joy or a battle-cry; espec. clangor of trumpets, as an alarum:--alarm, blow (-ing) (of, the) (trumpets), joy, jubile, loud noise, rejoicing, shout (-ing), (high, joyful) sound (-ing).
beauty, honour, majesty...
- H8597. tiph'arah, tif-aw-raw'; or tiph'ereth, tif-eh'-reth; from
H6286; ornament (abstr. or concr., lit. or fig.):--beauty (-iful), bravery, comely, fair, glory (-ious), honour, majesty.
expectation ([-ted]), hope, live, thing that I long for
- H8615. tiqvah, tik-vaw'; from
H6960; lit. a cord (as an attachment [comp.
H6961]); fig. expectancy:--expectation ([-ted]), hope, live, thing that I long for.
- H8490. tiymarah, tee-maw-raw'; or timarah, tee-maw-raw'; from the same as
H8558; a column, i.e. cloud:--pillar.
- H8414. tohuw, to'-hoo; from an unused root mean. to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; fig. a worthless thing; adv. in vain:--confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.
a tambourine:--tabret, timbrel
- H8596. toph, tofe; from
H8608 contr.; a tambourine:--tabret, timbrel.
taber, play with timbrels
- H8608. taphaph, taw-faf'; a prim. root; to drum, i.e. play (as) on the tambourine:--taber, play with timbrels.
deceit (-ful), privily
- H8649. tormah, tor-maw'; and ` tarmuwth, tar-mooth'; or tarmiyth, tar-meeth'; from
H7411; fraud:--deceit (-ful), privily.
- H2895. towb, tobe; a prim. root, to be (trans. do or make) good (or well) in the widest sense:--be (do) better, cheer, be (do, seem) good, (make), goodly, X please, (be, do, go, play) well.
- H2896. towb, tobe; from
H2895; good (as an adj.) in the widest sense; used likewise as a noun, both in the masc. and the fem., the sing. and the plur. (good, a good or good thing, a good man or woman; the good, goods or good things, good men or women), also as an adv. (well):--beautiful, best, better, bountiful, cheerful, at ease, X fair (word), (be in) favour, fine, glad, good (deed, -lier, liest, -ly, -ness, -s), graciously, joyful, kindly, kindness, liketh (best), loving, merry, X most, pleasant, + pleaseth, pleasure, precious, prosperity, ready, sweet, wealth, welfare, (be) well ([-favoured]).
- H8425. Towgarmah, to-gar-maw'; or Togarmah, to-gar-maw'; prob. of for. der.; Togarmah, a son of Gomer and his posterity:--Togarmah.
- H8433. towkechah, to-kay-khaw'; and towkachath, to-kakh'-ath; from
H3198; chastisement; fig. (by words) correction, refutation, proof (even in defence):--argument, X chastened, correction, reasoning, rebuke, reproof, X be (often) reproved.
- H8451. towrah, to-raw'; or torah, to-raw'; from
H3384; a precept or statute, espec. the Decalogue or Pentateuch:--law.
be brought low, little one, be small
- H6819. tsa'ar, tsaw-ar'; a prim. root; to be small, i.e. (fig.) ignoble:--be brought low, little one, be small.
- H6633. tsaba', tsaw-baw'; a prim. root; to mass (an army or servants):--assemble, fight, perform, muster, wait upon, war.
- H6635. tsaba', tsaw-baw'; or (fem.) tseba'ah, tseb-aw-aw'; from
H6633; a mass of persons (or fig. things), espec. reg. organized for war (an army); by impl. a campaign, lit. or fig. (spec. hardship, worship):--appointed time, (+) army, (+) battle, company, host, service, soldiers, waiting upon, war (-fare).
- H6638. tsabah, tsaw-baw'; a prim. root; to amass, i.e. grow turgid; spec. to array an army against:--fight, swell.
- H6643. tsebiy, tseb-ee'; from
H6638 in the sense of prominence; splendor (as conspicuous); also a gazelle (as beautiful):--beautiful (-ty), glorious (-ry), goodly, pleasant, roe (-buck).
- H6654. tsad, tsad; contr. from an unused root mean. to sidle off; a side; fig. an adversary:--(be-) side.
- H6655. tsad, (Chald.), tsad; corresp. to
H6654; used adv. (with prep.) at or upon the side of:--against, concerning.
- (Dan 6:4, concerning; Dan 7:25, against)
cleanse, just, righteous
- H6663. tsadaq, tsaw-dak'; a prim. root; to be (causat. make) right (in a moral or forensic sense):--cleanse, clear self, (be, do) just (-ice, -ify, -ify self), (be, turn to) righteous (-ness).
- H6743. tsalach, tsaw-lakh'; or tsa-leach, tsaw-lay'-akh; a prim. root; to push forward, in various senses (lit. or fig., trans. or intrans.):--break out, come (mightily), go over, be good, be meet, be profitable, (cause to, effect, make to, send) prosper (-ity, -ous, -ously).
- H6804. tsantarah, tsan-taw-raw'; prob. from the same as
H6794; a tube:--pipe.
- H6842. tsaphiyr, tsaw-feer'; from
H6852; a male goat (as prancing):--(he) goat.
- H6852. tsaphar, tsaw-far'; a prim. root; to skip about, i.e. return:--depart early.
adversary, affliction, distress, enemy, foe, narrow, sorrow, strait, tribulation...
- H6862. tsar, tsar; or tsar, tsawr; from
H6887; narrow; (as a noun) a tight place (usually fig., i.e. trouble); also a pebble (as in
H6864); (trans.) an opponent (as crowding):--adversary, afflicted (-tion), anguish, close, distress, enemy, flint, foe, narrow, small, sorrow, strait, tribulation, trouble.
flint, sharp stone
- H6864. tsor, tsore; from
H6696; a stone (as if pressed hard or to a point); (by impl. of use) a knife:--flint, sharp stone.
adversary, adversity, affliction, anguish, distress, tribulation, trouble
- H6869. tsarah, tsaw-raw'; fem. of
H6862; tightness (i.e. fig. trouble); trans. a female rival:--adversary, adversity, affliction, anguish, distress, tribulation, trouble.
- H6884. tsaraph, tsaw-raf'; a prim. root; to fuse (metal), i.e. refine (lit. or fig.):--cast, (re-) fine (-er), founder, goldsmith, melt, pure, purge away, try.
adversaries, affict, besiege, distress, enemy, strait, trouble, vex...
- H6887. tsarar, tsaw-rar'; a prim. root; to cramp, lit. or fig., trans. or intrans. (as follows):--adversary, (be in) afflict (-ion), besiege, bind (up), (be in, bring) distress, enemy, narrower, oppress, pangs, shut up, be in a strait (trouble), vex.
appoint, (for-) bid. (give a) charge, (give a, give in, send with) command (-er, ment)...
- H6680. tsavah, tsaw-vaw'; a prim. root; (intens.) to constitute, enjoin:--appoint, (for-) bid. (give a) charge, (give a, give in, send with) command (-er, ment), send a messenger, put, (set) in order.
- H6664. tsedeq, tseh'-dek; from
H6663; the right (nat., mor. or legal); also (abstr.) equity or (fig.) prosperity:-- X even, (X that which is altogether) just (-ice), ([un-]) right (-eous) (cause, -ly, -ness).
- H6666. tsedaqah, tsed-aw-kaw'; from
H6663; rightness (abstr.), subj. (rectitude), obj. (justice), mor. (virtue) or fig. (prosperity):--justice, moderately, right (-eous) (act, -ly, -ness).
image, vain shew
- H6754. tselem, tseh'-lem; from an unused root mean. to shade; a phantom, i.e. (fig.) illusion, resemblance; hence a representative figure, espec. an idol:--image, vain shew.
- H6755. tselem, (Chald.), tseh'-lem; or tselem (Chald.), tsel-em'; corresp. to
H6754; an idolatrous figure:--form, image.
- H6843. tsephiyrah, tsef-ee-raw'; fem. formed like
H6842; a crown (as encircling the head); also a turn of affairs (i.e. mishap):--diadem, morning.
- H6794. tsinnuwr, tsin-noor'; from an unused root perh. mean to be hollow; a culvert:--gutter, water-spout.
- (2 Sam 5:8, gutter; Psa 42:7, waterspouts)
bird, fowl, sparrow
- H6833. tsippowr, tsip-pore'; or tsippor, tsip-pore'; from
H6852; a little bird (as hopping):--bird, fowl, sparrow.
barren, drought, dry...
- H6723. tsiyah, tsee-yaw'; from an unused root mean. to parch; aridity; concr. a desert:--barren, drought, dry (land, place), solitary place, wilderness.
sign, title, waymark
- H6725. tsiyuwn, tsee-yoon'; from the same as
H6723 in the sense of conspicuousness [comp. H5329]; a monumental or guiding pillar:--sign, title, waymark.
- H6726. Tsiyown, tsee-yone'; the same (reg.) as
H6725; Tsijon (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerus.:--Zion.
- H6696. tsuwr, tsoor; a prim. root; to cramp, i.e. confine (in many applications, lit. and fig., formative or hostile):--adversary, assault, beset, besiege, bind (up), cast, distress, fashion, fortify, inclose, lay siege, put up in bags.
rock, stone, strength...
- H6697. tsuwr, tsoor; or tsur, tsoor; from
H6696; prop. a cliff (or sharp rock, as compressed); gen. a rock or boulder; fig. a refuge; also an edge (as precipitous):--edge, X (mighty) God (one), rock, X sharp, stone, X strength, X strong. See also
- H8422. Tuwbal, too-bal'; or Tubal, too-bal'; prob. of for. der.; Tubal, a postdiluvian patriarch and his posterity:--Tubal.
a rock or hill: mountain
- H2906. tuwr, (Chald.), toor; corresp. to
H6697; a rock or hill:--mountain.
- H181. 'uwd, ood; from an unused root mean. to rake together; a poker (for turning or gathering embers):--(fire-) brand.
admonish, charge, earnestly, lift up, protest...
- H5749. 'uwd, ood; a prim. root; to duplicate or repeat; by impl. to protest, testify (as by reiteration); intens. to encompass, restore (as a sort of reduplication):--admonish, charge, earnestly, lift up, protest, call (take) to record, relieve, rob, solemnly, stand upright, testify, give warning, (bear, call to, give, take to) witness.
- H193. 'uwl, ool; from an unused root mean. to twist, i.e. (by impl.) be strong; the body (as being rolled together); also powerful:--mighty, strength.
brandish, be (wax) faint, flee away, fly...
- H5774. 'uwph, oof; a prim, root; to cover (with wings or obscurity); hence (as denom. from
H5775) to fly; also (by impl. of dimness) to faint (from the darkness of swooning):--brandish, be (wax) faint, flee away, fly (away--, X set, shine forth, weary.
- (Isa 30:6, flying)
- H217. 'uwr, oor; from
H215; flame, hence (in the plur.) the East (as being the region of light):--fire, light. See also
wake, raise (up)...
- H5782. 'uwr, oor; a prim. root [rather ident. with
H5783 through the idea of opening the eyes]; to wake (lit. or fig.):--(a-) wake (-n, up), lift up (self), X master, raise (up), stir up (self).
be made naked
- H5783. 'uwr, oor; a prim. root; to (be) bare:-- be made naked.
- H224. 'Uwriym, oo-reem'; plur. of
H217; lights; Urim, the oracular brilliancy of the figures in the high-priest's breastplate:--Urim.
agree, (make an) appoint (-ment, a time), assemble (selves)...
- H3259. ya'ad, yaw-ad'; a prim. root; to fix upon (by agreement or appointment); by impl. to meet (at a stated time), to summon (to trial), to direct (in a certain quarter or position), to engage (for marriage):--agree, (make an) appoint (-ment, a time), assemble (selves), betroth, gather (selves, together), meet (together), set (a time).
- H3290. Ya'aqob, yak-ak-obe'; from
H6117; heel-catcher (i.e. supplanter); Jaakob, the Israelitish patriarch:--Jacob.
bring (forth), carry, lead (forth)
- H2986. yabal, yaw-bal'; a prim. root; prop. to flow; causat. to bring (espec. with pomp):--bring (forth), carry, lead (forth).
be ashamed, clean, be confounded, (make) dry (up)...
- H3001. yabesh, yaw-bashe'; a prim. root; to be ashamed, confused or disappointed; also (as failing) to dry up (as water) or wither (as herbage):--be ashamed, clean, be confounded, (make) dry (up), (do) shame (-fully), X utterly, wither (away).
dry (ground, land)
- H3004. yabbashah, yab-baw-shaw'; from
H3001; dry ground:--dry (ground, land).
lay, foundation, sure...
- H3245. yacad, yaw-sad'; a prim. root; to set (lit. or fig.); intens. to found; reflex. to sit down together, i.e. settle, consult:--appoint, take counsel, establish, (lay the, lay for a) found (-ation), instruct, lay, ordain, set, X sure.
- H3246. yecud, yes-ood'; from
H3245; a foundation (fig. i.e. beginning):-- X began.
- H3248. yecuwdah, yes-oo-daw'; fem. of
H3246; a foundation:--foundation.
bind, chasten, chastise, correct, instruct, punish...
- H3256. yacar, yaw-sar'; a prim. root; to chastise, lit. (with blows) or fig. (with words); hence to instruct:--bind, chasten, chastise, correct, instruct, punish, reform, reprove, sore, teach.
- H3161. yachad, yaw-khad'; a prim. root; to be (or become) one:--join, unite.
- H3162. yachad, yakh'-ad; from
H3161; prop. a unit, i.e. (adv.) unitedly:--alike, at all (once), both, likewise, only, (al-) together, withal.
get heat, be hot, conceive, be warm
- H3179. yacham, yaw-kham'; a prim. root; prob. to be hot; fig. to conceive:--get heat, be hot, conceive, be warm.
(+ be) able, X about, + armholes, at, axletree...
- H3027. yad, yawd; a prim. word; a hand (the open one [indicating power, means, direction, etc.], in distinction from
H3709, the closed one); used (as noun, adv., etc.) in a great variety of applications, both lit. and fig., both proximate and remote [as follow]:-- (+ be) able, X about, + armholes, at, axletree, because of, beside, border, X bounty, + broad, [broken-] handed, X by, charge, coast, + consecrate, + creditor, custody, debt, dominion, X enough, + fellowship, force, X from, hand [-staves, -y work], X he, himself, X in, labour, + large, ledge, [left-] handed, means, X mine, ministry, near, X of, X order, ordinance, X our, parts, pain, power, X presumptuously, service, side, sore, state, stay, draw with strength, stroke, + swear, terror, X thee, X by them, X them-selves, X thine own, X thou, through, X throwing, + thumb, times, X to, X under, X us, X wait on, [way-] side, where, + wide, X with (him, me, you), work, + yield, X your-selves.
know, knoweth, known...
- H3045. yada', yaw-dah'; a prim. root; to know (prop. to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, fig., lit., euphem. and infer. (including observation, care, recognition, and causat. instruction, designation, punishment, etc.) [as follow]:--acknowledge, acquaintance (-ted with), advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware, [un-] awares, can [-not], certainly, for a certainty, comprehend, consider, X could they, cunning, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, famous, feel, can have, be [ig-] norant, instruct, kinsfolk, kinsman, (cause to, let, make) know, (come to give, have, take) knowledge, have [knowledge], (be, make, make to be, make self) known, + be learned, + lie by man, mark, perceive, privy to, X prognosticator, regard, have respect, skilful, shew, can (man of) skill, be sure, of a surety, teach, (can) tell, understand, have [understanding], X will be, wist, wit, wot.
certify, know, make known, teach
- H3046. yeda', (Chald.), yed-ah'; corresp. to
H3045:--certify, know, make known, teach.
- H3034. yadah, yaw-daw'; a prim. root; used only as denom. from
H3027; lit. to use (i.e. hold out) the hand; phys. to throw (a stone, an arrow) at or away; espec. to revere or worship (with extended hands); intens. to bemoan (by wringing the hands):--cast (out), (make) confess (-ion), praise, shoot, (give) thank (-ful, -s, -sgiving).
chasten, convince, correct...
- H3198. yakach, yaw-kahh'; a prim. root; to be right (i.e. correct); recip. to argue; causat. to decide, justify or convict:--appoint, argue, chasten, convince, correct (-ion), daysman, dispute, judge, maintain, plead, reason (together), rebuke, reprove (-r), surely, in any wise.
- H3205. yalad, yaw-lad'; a prim. root; to bear young; causat. to beget; med. to act as midwife; spec. to show lineage:--bear, beget, birth ([-day]), born, (make to) bring forth (children, young), bring up, calve, child, come, be delivered (of a child), time of delivery, gender, hatch, labour, (do the office of a) midwife, declare pedigrees, be the son of, (woman in, woman that) travail (-eth, -ing woman).
- (Gen 30:23, bare; Psa 2:7, begotten)
brought, flow, went, way...
- H3212. yalak, yaw-lak'; a prim. root [comp.
H1980]; to walk (lit. or fig.); causat. to carry (in various senses):-- X again, away, bear, bring, carry (away), come (away), depart, flow, + follow (-ing), get (away, hence, him), (cause to, make) go (away, -ing, -ne, one's way, out), grow, lead (forth), let down, march, prosper, + pursue, cause to run, spread, take away ([-journey]), vanish, (cause to) walk (-ing), wax, X be weak.
- Gen 18:22, went, 33, went, way)
- H3220. yam, yawm; from an unused root mean. to roar; a sea (as breaking in noisy surf) or large body of water; spec. (with the art.) the Mediterranean; sometimes a large river, or an artificial basin; locally, the west, or (rarely) the south:--sea (X -faring man, [-shore]), south, west (-ern, side, -ward).
go (turn) to (on, use) the right hand
- H3231. yaman, yaw-man'; a prim. root; to be (phys.) right (i.e. firm); but used only as denom. from
H3225 and transit., to be right-handed or take the right-hand side:--go (turn) to (on, use) the right hand.
+ left-handed, right (hand, side), south
- H3225. yamiyn, yaw-meen'; from
H3231; the right hand or side (leg, eye) of a person or other object (as the stronger and more dexterous); locally, the south:-- + left-handed, right (hand, side), south.
- H3241. Yaniym, yaw-neem'; from
H5123; asleep; Janim, a place in Pal.:--Janum [from the marg.].
- (Josh 15:53, Janum; Ezek 37:14, place)
- H3302. yaphah, yaw-faw'; a prim. root; prop. to be bright, i.e. (by impl.) beautiful:--be beautiful, be (make self) fair (-r), deck.
beautiful, beauty, comely...
- H3303. yapheh, yaw-feh'; from
H3302; beautiful (lit. or fig.):-- + beautiful, beauty, comely, fair (-est, one), + goodly, pleasant, well.
- H3365. yaqar, yaw-kar'; a prim. root; prop. appar. to be heavy, i.e. (fig.) valuable; causat. to make rare (fig. to inhibit):--be (make) precious, be prized, be set by, withdraw.
- H3368. yaqar, yaw-kawr'; from
H3365; valuable (obj. or subj.):--brightness, clear, costly, excellent, fat, honourable women, precious, reputation.
come down, descend, descending...
- H3381. yarad, yaw-rad'; a prim. root; to descend (lit. to go downwards; or conventionally to a lower region, as the shore, a boundary, the enemy, etc.; or fig. to fall); causat. to bring down (in all the above applications):-- X abundantly, bring down, carry down, cast down, (cause to) come (-ing) down, fall (down), get down, go (-ing) down (-ward), hang down, X indeed, let down, light (down), put down (off), (cause to, let) run down, sink, subdue, take down.
- (Gen 11:7, etc., go down; 12:10, etc., went down; 24:18, etc., let down; 28:12, descending; 37:25, etc., carry down; 39:1, etc., brought down; 42:2, etc., get down, 38, etc., bring down; 44:11, took down, 23, etc., come down; Exo 15:5, sank; 19:18, etc., descended, 20, etc., came down; 33:5, put off; Num 1:51, etc., take down; 10:17, taken down; etc.)
(+) archer, cast, direct, inform, instruct...
- H3384. yarah, yaw-raw'; or
(H2 Chr. 26 : 15) yara', yaw-raw'; a prim. root; prop. to flow as water (i.e. to rain); trans. to lay or throw (espec. an arrow. i.e. to shoot); fig. to point out (as if by aiming the finger), to teach:-- (+) archer, cast, direct, inform, instruct, lay, shew, shoot, teach (-er, -ing), through.
- H3372. yare', yaw-ray'; a prim. root; to fear; mor. to revere; caus. to frighten:--affright, be (make) afraid, dread (-ful), (put in) fear (-ful, -fully, -ing). (be had in) reverence (-end), X see, terrible (act, -ness, thing).
preserve, bring (having) salvation, save (-iour)...
- H3467. yasha', yaw-shah'; a prim. root; prop. to be open, wide or free, i.e. (by impl.) to be safe; causat. to free or succor:-- X at all, avenging, defend, deliver (-er), help, preserve, rescue, be safe, bring (having) salvation, save (-iour), get victory.
- H3427. yashab, yaw-shab'; a prim. root; prop. to sit down (spec. as judge. in ambush, in quiet); by impl. to dwell, to remain: causat. to settle, to marry:-- (make to) abide (-ing), continue, (cause to, make to) dwell (-ing), ease self, endure, establish, X fail, habitation, haunt, (make to) inhabit (-ant), make to keep [house], lurking, X marry (-ing), (bring again to) place, remain, return, seat, set (-tle), (down-) sit (-down, still, -ting down, -ting [place] -uate), take, tarry.
- H3308. yophiy, yof-ee'; from
- H3190. yatab, yaw-tab'; a prim. root; to be (causat.) make well, lit. (sound, beautiful) or fig. (happy, successful, right):--be accepted, amend, use aright, benefit, be (make) better, seem best, make cheerful, be comely, + be content, diligent (-ly), dress, earnestly, find favour, give, be glad, do (be, make) good ([-ness]), be (make) merry, please (+ well), shew more [kindness], skilfully, X very small, surely, make sweet, thoroughly, tire, trim, very, be (can, deal, entreat, go, have) well [said, seen ].
- yatab:H3190 - 'ayin:H5869
leave (a remnant), left behind, remain...
- H3498. yathar, yaw-thar'; a prim. rot; to jut over or exceed; by impl. to excel; (intrans.) to remain or be left; causat. to leave, cause to abound, preserve:--excel, leave (a remnant), left behind, too much, make plenteous, preserve, (be, let) remain (-der, -ing, -nant), reserve, residue, rest.
brought, carry out, come, forth [flow]...
- H3318. yatsa', yaw-tsaw'; a prim. root; to go (causat. bring) out, in a great variety of applications, lit. and fig., direct and proxim.:-- X after, appear, X assuredly, bear out, X begotten, break out, bring forth (out, up), carry out, come (abroad, out, thereat, without), + be condemned, depart (-ing, -ure), draw forth, in the end, escape, exact, fail, fall (out), fetch forth (out), get away (forth, hence, out), (able to, cause to, let) go abroad (forth, on, out), going out, grow, have forth (out), issue out, lay (lie) out, lead out, pluck out, proceed, pull out, put away, be risen, X scarce, send with commandment, shoot forth, spread, spring out, stand out, X still, X surely, take forth (out), at any time, X to [and fro], utter.
present selves, stood...
- H3320. yatsab, yaw-tsab'; a prim. root; to place (any thing so as to stay); reflex. to station, offer, continue:--present selves, remaining, resort, set (selves), (be able to, can, with-) stand (fast, forth, -ing, still, up).
make [one's] bed, X lie, spread
- H3331. yatsa', yaw-tsah'; a prim. root; to strew as a surface:--make [one's] bed, X lie, spread.
cast, cleave fast, be (as) firm, grow, be hard...
- H3332. yatsaq, yaw-tsak'; a prim. root; prop. to pour out (trans. or intrans.); by impl. to melt or cast as metal; by extens. to place firmly, to stiffen or grow hard:--cast, cleave fast, be (as) firm, grow, be hard, lay out, molten, overflow, pour (out), run out, set down, stedfast.
be distressed, be narrow, be straitened (in straits), be vexed
- H3334. yatsar, yaw-tsar'; a prim. root; to press (intrans.), i.e. be narrow; fig. be in distress:--be distressed, be narrow, be straitened (in straits), be vexed.
X earthen, fashion, form, frame, make (-r), potter, purpose
- H3335. yatsar, yaw-tsar'; prob. identical with
H3334 (through the squeezing into shape); ([comp.
H3331]), to mould into a form; espec. as a potter; fig. to determine (i.e. form a resolution):-- X earthen, fashion, form, frame, make (-r), potter, purpose.
frame, thing framed, imagination, mind, work
- H3336. yetser, yay'-tser; from
H3335; a form; fig. conception (i.e. purpose):--frame, thing framed, imagination, mind, work.
banqueting, wine, wine [-bibber]
- H3196. yayin, yah'-yin; from an unused root mean. to effervesce; wine (as fermented); by impl. intoxication:--banqueting, wine, wine [-bibber].
Jah, the Lord, most vehement
- H3050. Yahh, yaw; contr. for
H3068, and mean. the same; Jah, the sacred name:--Jah, the Lord, most vehement. Cp. names in "-iah," "-jah."
Jehovah, the Lord
- H3068. Yehovah, yeh-ho-vaw'; from
H1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jeho-vah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord. Comp.
- H3069. Yehovih, yeh-ho-vee'; a var. of
H3068 [used after
H136, and pronounced by Jews as
H430, in order to prevent the repetition of the same sound, since they elsewhere pronounce
- H3060. Yehow'ash, yeh-ho-awsh'; from
H3068 and (perh.)
H784; Jehovah-fired; Jehoash, the name of two Isr. kings:--Jehoash Comp.
- H3088. Yehowram, yeh-ho-rawm'; from
H7311; Jehovah-raised; Jehoram, the name of a Syrian and of three Isr.:--Jehoram, Joram. Comp.
Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua
- H3091. Yehowshuwa', yeh-ho-shoo'-ah; or Yehowshu'a, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah; from
H3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader:--Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Comp.
- H3092. Yehowshaphat, yeh-ho-shaw-fawt'; from
H8199; Jehovah-judged; Jehoshaphat, the name of six Isr.; also of a valley near Jerus.:--Jehoshaphat. Comp.
- H3063. Yehuwdah, yeh-hoo-daw'; from
H3034; celebrated; Jehudah (or Judah), the name of five Isr.; also of the tribe descended from the first, and of its territory:--Judah.
- H3389. Yeruwshalaim, yer-oo-shaw-lah'-im; rarely Yeruwshalayim, yer-oo-shaw-lah'-yim; a dual (in allusion to its two main hills [the true pointing, at least of the former reading, seems to be that of
H3390]); prob. from (the pass. part. of)
H7999; founded peaceful; Jerushalaim or Jerushalem, the capital city of Pal.:--Jerusalem.
- H3390. Yeruwshalem, (Chald.), yer-oo-shaw-lame'; corresp. to
- H3442. Yeshuwa', yay-shoo'-ah; for
H3091; he will save; Jeshua, the name of ten Isr., also of a place in Pal.:--Jeshua.
- H3499. yether, yeh'-ther; from
H3498; prop. an overhanging, i.e. (by impl.) an excess, superiority, remainder; also a small rope (as hanging free):-- + abundant, cord, exceeding, excellency (-ent), what they leave, that hath left, plentifully, remnant, residue, rest, string, with.
- H3319. yetsa', (Chald.), yets-aw'; corresp. to
- H3478. Yisra'el, yis-raw-ale'; from
H410; he will rule as God; Jisrael, a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity:--Israel.
- H3157. Yizre'e'l, yiz-reh-ale'; from
H410; God will sow; Jizreel, the name of two places in Pal. and of two Isr.:--Jezreel.
- H3101. Yow'ash, yo-awsh'; or Yo'ash
(H2 Chron. 24:1), yo-awsh'; a form of
H3060; Joash, the name of six Isr.:--Joash.
jubile, ram's horn, trumpet
- H3104. yowbel, yo-bale'; or yobel, yo-bale'; appar. from
H2986; the blast of a horn (from its continuous sound); spec. the signal of the silver trumpets; hence the instrument itself and the festival thus introduced:--jubile, ram's horn, trumpet.
- H3117. yowm, yome; from an unused root mean. to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether lit. (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or fig. (a space of time defined by an associated term), [often used adv.]:--age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.
day (by day), time
- H3118. yowm, (Chald.), yome; corresp. to
H3117; a day:--day (by day), time.
- H3141. Yowram, yo-rawm'; a form of
H3088; Joram, the name of three Isr. and one Syrian:--Joram.
- H3146. Yowshaphat, yo-shaw-fawt'; a form of
H3092; Joshaphat, an Isr.:--Joshaphat.
- H2194. za'am, zaw-am'; a prim. root; prop. to foam at the mouth, i.e. to be enraged:--abhor, abominable, (be) angry, defy, (have) indignation.
angry, indignation, rage
- H2195. za'am, zah'-am; from
H2194; strictly froth at the mouth, i.e. (fig.) fury (espec. of God's displeasure with sin):--angry, indignation, rage.
fret, sad, worse liking, be wroth
- H2196. za'aph, zaw-af'; a prim. root; prop. to boil up, i.e. (fig.) to be peevish or angry:--fret, sad, worse liking, be wroth.
indignation, rage (-ing), wrath
- H2197. za'aph, zah'-af; from
H2196; anger:--indignation, rage (-ing), wrath.
- H2082. zabal, zaw-bal'; a prim. root; appar. prop. to inclose, i.e. to reside:--dwell with.
- (Gen 30:20)
X burn [incense], X earnestly, be male...
- H2142. zakar, zaw-kar'; a prim. root; prop. to mark (so as to be recognized), i.e. to remember; by impl. to mention; also (as denom. from
H2145) to be male:-- X burn [incense], X earnestly, be male, (make) mention (of), be mindful, recount, record (-er), remember, make to be remembered, bring (call, come, keep, put) to (in) remembrance, X still, think on, X well.
X him, male, man (child, -kind)
- H2145. zakar, zaw-kawr'; from
H2142; prop. remembered, i.e. a male (of man or animals, as being the most noteworthy sex):-- X him, male, man (child, -kind).
- H2138. zakuwr, zaw-koor'; prop. pass. part. of
H2142, but used for
H2145; a male (of man or animals):--males, men-children.
to commit fornication, whoredom, harlot...
- H2181. zanah, zaw-naw'; a prim. root [highly fed and therefore wanton]; to commit adultery (usually of the female, and less often of simple fornication, rarely of involuntary ravishment); fig. to commit idolatry (the Jewish people being regarded as the spouse of Jehovah):--(cause to) commit fornication, X continually, X great, (be an, play the) harlot, (cause to be, play the) whore, (commit, fall to) whoredom, (cause to) go a-whoring, whorish.
bear, conceive seed, set with, sow (-er), yield
- H2232. zara', zaw-rah'; a prim. root; to sow; fig. to disseminate, plant, fructify:--bear, conceive seed, set with, sow (-er), yield.
X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time
- H2233. zera', zeh'-rah; from
H2232; seed; fig. fruit, plant, sowing-time, posterity:-- X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time.
- H2083. Zebul, zeb-ool'; the same as
H2073; dwelling; Zebul, an Isr.:--Zebul. Comp.
dwell in, dwelling, habitation
- H2073. zebuwl, ze-bool'; or zebul, zeb-ool'; from
H2082; a residence:--dwell in, dwelling, habitation.
- H2191. ze'eyr, zeh-ayr'; from an unused root [akin (by perm.) to
H6819], mean. to dwindle; small:--little.
- H2192. ze'eyr, (Chald.), zeh-ayr'; corresp. to
he, X hence, X here, it (-self), X now, X of him...
- H2088. zeh, zeh; a prim. word; the masc. demonst. pron., this or that:--he, X hence, X here, it (-self), X now, X of him, the one . . . the other, X than the other, (X out of) the (self) same, such (an one) that, these, this (hath, man), on this side . . . on that side, X thus, very, which. Comp.
- H2089. zeh, (1 Sam 17:34), zeh; by perm. for
H7716; a sheep:--lamb.
- H2184. zenuwth, zen-ooth'; from
H2181; adultery, i.e. (fig.) infidelity, idolatry:--whoredom.
hereby (-in, -with), it, likewise, the one (other, same)...
- H2063. zo'th, zothe'; irreg. fem. of
H2089; this (often used adv.):--hereby (-in, -with), it, likewise, the one (other, same), she, so (much), such (deed), that, therefore, these, this (thing), thus.
- H2097. zow, zo; for
H2088; this or that:--that, this.
that this, X wherein, which, whom
- H2098. zuw, zoo; for
H2088; this or that:--that this, X wherein, which, whom.
Click here for Greek Dictionary!
© 1997-2070, Al M. Rogers, Jr.