Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary Words (n-r)
Hebrew and Chaldee words and definitions are taken from "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible".
be beautiful, become, be comely
- H4998. na'ah, naw-aw'; a prim. root; prop. to be at home, i.e. (by impl.) to be pleasant (or suitable), i.e. beautiful:--be beautiful, become, be comely.
prophesy (-ing) make self a prophet
- H5012. naba', naw-baw'; a prim. root; to prophesy, i.e. speak (or sing) by inspiration (in prediction or simple discourse):--prophesy (-ing) make self a prophet.
- 5013. neba', (Chald.), neb-aw'; corresp. to
belch out, flowing, pour out, send forth, utter (abundantly)
- H5042. naba', naw-bah'; a prim. root; to gush forth; fig. to utter (good or bad words); spec. to emit (a foul odor):--belch out, flowing, pour out, send forth, utter (abundantly).
(cause to) behold, consider, look...
- H5027. nabat, naw-bat'; a prim. root; to scan, i.e. look intently at; by impl. to regard with pleasure, favor or care:--(cause to) behold, consider, look (down), regard, have respect, see.
beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly
- H5377. nasha', naw-shaw'; a prim. root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce:--beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.
drop (-ping), prophesy (-et)
- H5197. nataph, naw-taf'; a prim. root; to ooze, i.e. distil gradually, by impl. to fall in drops; fig. to speak by inspiration:--drop (-ping), prophesy (-et).
- H5003. na'aph, naw-af'; a prim. root; to commit adultery; fig. to apostatize:--adulterer (-ess), commit (-ing) adultery, woman that breaketh wedlock.
- H5016. nebuw'ah, neb-oo-aw'; from
H5012; a prediction (spoken or written):--prophecy.
- H5017. nebuw'ah, (Chald.), neb-oo-aw; corresp. to
H5016; inspired teaching:--prophesying.
- H5029. nebiy', (Chald.), neb-ee'; corresp. to
H5030; a prophet:--prophet.
prophecy, that prophesy, prophet
- H5030. nabiy', naw-bee'; from
H5012; a prophet or (gen.) inspired man:--prophecy, that prophesy, prophet.
- H5031. nebiy'ah, neb-ee-yaw'; fem. of
H5030; a prophetess or (gen.) inspired woman; by impl. a poetess; by association a prophet's wife:--prophetess.
fall (down, -ling, off)...
- H5034. nabel, naw-bale'; a prim. root; to wilt; gen. to fall away, fail, faint; fig. to be foolish or (mor.) wicked; causat. to despise, disgrace:--disgrace, dishonour, lightly esteem, fade (away, -ing), fall (down, -ling, off), do foolishly, come to nought, X surely, make vile, wither.
- H5307. naphal, naw-fal'; a prim. root; to fall, in a great variety of applications (intrans. or causat., lit. or fig.):--be accepted, cast (down, self, [lots], out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell (-ing), fugitive, have [inheritamce], inferior, be judged [by mistake for
H6419], lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present (-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down.
fall (down), have occasion
- H5308. nephal, (Chald.), nef-al'; corresp. to
H5307:--fall (down), have occasion.
adventure, assay, prove, tempt, try
- H5254. nacah, naw-saw'; a prim. root; to test; by impl. to attempt:--adventure, assay, prove, tempt, try.
- H5157. nachal, naw-khal'; a prim. root; to inherit (as a [fig.] mode of descent), or (gen.) to occupy; causat. to bequeath, or (gen.) distribute, instate:--divide, have ([inheritance]), take as an heritage, (cause to, give to, make to) inherit, (distribute for, divide [for, for an, by], give for, have, leave for, take [for]) inheritance, (have in, cause to be made to) possess (-ion).
brook, flood, river, stream, valley
- H5158. nachal, nakh'-al; or (fem.) nachlah (Psa. 124:4), nahk'-law; or nachalah (Ezek. 47:19, 48:28), nakh-al-aw'; from
H5157 in its orig. sense; a stream, espec. a winter torrent; (by impl.) a (narrow) valley (in which a brook runs); also a shaft (of a mine):--brook, flood, river, stream, valley.
comfort (self), ease [one's self], repent (-er, -ing, self)
- H5162. nacham, naw-kham'; a prim. root; prop. to sigh, i.e. breathe strongly; by impl. to be sorry, i.e. (in a favorable sense) to pity, console, or (reflex.) rue; or (unfavorably) to avenge (oneself):--comfort (self), ease [one's self], repent (-er, -ing, self).
X certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) X enchantment...
- H5172. nachash, naw-khash'; a prim. root; prop. to hiss, i.e. whisper a (magic) spell; gen. to prognosticate:-- X certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) X enchantment, learn by experience, X indeed, diligently observe.
pleasant (-ure), sweet
- H5273. na'iym, naw-eem'; from
H5276; delightful (obj. or subj., lit. or fig.):--pleasant (-ure), sweet.
- H5175. nachash, naw-khawsh'; from
H5172; a snake (from its hiss):--serpent.
- H5068. nadab, naw-dab'; a prim. root; to impel; hence to volunteer (as a soldier), to present spontaneously:--offer freely, be (give, make, offer self) willing (-ly).
- H5081. nadiyb, naw-deeb'; from
H5068; prop. voluntary, i.e. generous; hence, magnanimous; as noun, a grandee (sometimes a tyrant):--free, liberal (things), noble, prince, willing ([hearted]).
pass in beauty, be delight, be pleasant, be sweet
- H5276. na'em, naw-ame'; a prim. root; to be agreeable (lit. or fig.):--pass in beauty, be delight, be pleasant, be sweet.
beauty, pleasant (-ness)
- H5278. no'am, no'-am; from
H5276; agreeableness, i.e. delight, suitableness, splendor or grace:--beauty, pleasant (-ness).
- H5060. naga', naw-gah'; a prim. root; prop. to touch, i.e. lay the hand upon (for any purpose; euphem., to lie with a woman); by impl. to reach (fig. to arrive, acquire); violently, to strike (punish, defeat, destroy, etc.):--beat, (X be able to) bring (down), cast, come (nigh), draw near (nigh), get up, happen, join, near, plague, reach (up), smite, strike, touch.
plague, sore, stricken, stripe, stroke, wound
- H5061. nega', neh'-gah; from
H5060; a blow (fig. infliction); also (by impl.) a spot (concr. a leprous person or dress):--plague, sore, stricken, stripe, stroke, wound.
(en-) lighten, (cause to) shine
- H5050. nagahh, naw-gah'; a prim. root; to glitter; causat. to illuminate:--(en-) lighten, (cause to) shine.
player on instruments, sing to the stringed instruments...
- H5059. nagan, naw-gan'; a prim. root; prop. to thrum, i.e. beat a tune with the fingers; espec. to play on a stringed instrument; hence (gen.) to make music:--player on instruments, sing to the stringed instruments, melody, ministrel, play (-er. -ing).
plague, smite, stumble...
- H5062. nagaph, naw-gaf'; a prim. root; to push, gore, defeat, stub (the toe), inflict (a disease):--beat, dash, hurt, plague, slay, smite (down), strike, stumble, X surely, put to the worse.
- H5063. negeph, neh'-ghef; from
H5062; a trip (of the foot); fig. an infliction (of disease):--plague, stumbling.
smite, strike, be stricken...
- H5221. nakah, naw-kaw'; a prim. root; to strike (lightly or severely, lit. or fig.):-- beat, cast forth, clap, give [wounds], X go forward, X indeed, kill, make [slaughter], murderer, punish, slaughter, slay (-er, -ing), smite (-r, -ing), strike, be stricken, (give) stripes, X surely, wound.
- H5301. naphach, naw-fakh'; a prim. root; to puff, in various applications (lit. to inflate, blow hard, scatter, kindle, expire; fig. to disesteem):--blow, breath, give up, cause to lose [life], seething, snuff.
(be) refresh selves (-ed)
- H5314. naphash, naw-fash'; a prim. root; to breathe; pass, to be breathed upon, i.e. (fig.) refreshed (as if by a current of air):--(be) refresh selves (-ed).
acquit X at all, X altogether, be blameless, cleanse...
- H5352. naqah, naw-kaw'; a prim. root; to be (or make) clean (lit. or fig.); by impl. (in an adverse sense) to be bare, i.e. extirpated:--acquit X at all, X altogether, be blameless, cleanse, (be) clear (-ing), cut off, be desolate, be free, be (hold) guiltless, be (hold) innocent, X by no means, be quit, be (leave) unpunished, X utterly, X wholly.
punish, revenge, take vengeance...
- H5358. naqam, naw-kam'; a prim. root; to grudge, i.e. avenge or punish:--avenge (-r, self), punish, revenge (self), X surely, take vengeance.
+ avenged, quarrel, vengeance
- H5359. naqam, naw-kawm'; from
H5358; revenge:-- + avenged, quarrel, vengeance.
blameless, clean, clear, exempted, free, guiltless, innocent, quit
- H5355. naqiy, naw-kee'; or naqiy' (Joel 4:19; Jonah 1:14), naw-kee'; from
H5352; innocent:--blameless, clean, clear, exempted, free, guiltless, innocent, quit.
burned, lift up, take away, took...
- H5375. nasa', naw-saw'; or nacah (Psa. 4:6
[H7], naw-saw'; a prim. root; to lift, in a great variety of applications, lit. and fig., absol. and rel. (as follows):--accept, advance, arise, (able to, [armour], suffer to) bear (-er, up), bring (forth), burn, carry (away), cast, contain, desire, ease, exact, exalt (self), extol, fetch, forgive, furnish, further, give, go on, help, high, hold up, honourable (+ man), lade, lay, lift (self) up, lofty, marry, magnify, X needs, obtain, pardon, raise (up), receive, regard, respect, set (up), spare, stir up, + swear, take (away, up), X utterly, wear, yield.
carry away, make insurrection, take
- 5376. nesa', (Chald.), nes-aw'; corresp. to
H5375:--carry away, make insurrection, take.
- H5400. nasaq, naw-sak'; a prim. root; to catch fire:--burn, kindle.
- H5395. nasham, naw-sham'; a prim. root; prop. to blow away, i.e. destroy:--destroy.
- (Isa 42:14)
- H5414. nathan, naw-than'; a prim. root; to give, used with great latitude of application (put, make, etc.):--add, apply, appoint, ascribe, assign, X avenge, X be ([healed]), bestow, bring (forth, hither), cast, cause, charge, come, commit consider, count, + cry, deliver (up), direct, distribute do, X doubtless, X without fail, fasten, frame, X get, give (forth, over, up), grant, hang (up), X have, X indeed, lay (unto charge, up), (give) leave, lend, let (out), + lie, lift up, make, + O that, occupy, offer, ordain, pay, perform, place, pour, print, X pull, put (forth), recompense, render, requite, restore, send (out), set (forth), shew, shoot forth (up). + sing, + slander, strike, [sub-] mit, suffer, X surely, X take, thrust, trade, turn, utter, + weep, X willingly, + withdraw, + would (to) God, yield.
broken down, throw down...
- H5422. nathats, naw-thats'; a prim. root; to tear down:--beat down, break down (out), cast down, destroy, overthrow, pull down, throw down.
- H5324. natsab, naw-tsab'; a prim. root; to station, in various applications (lit. or fig.):--appointed, deputy, erect, establish, X Huzzah [by mistake for a prop. name], lay, officer, pillar, present, rear up, set (over, up), settle, sharpen, stablish, (make to) stand (-ing, still, up, upright), best state.
excel, chief musician (singer), oversee (-r), set forward
- H5329. natsach, naw-tsakh'; a prim. root; prop. to glitter from afar, i.e. to be eminent (as a superintendent, espec. of the Temple services and its music); also (as denom. from
H5331), to be permanent:--excel, chief musician (singer), oversee (-r), set forward.
deliver, preserve, recover, rescue, rid, save...
- H5337. natsal, naw-tsal'; a prim. root; to snatch away, whether in a good or a bad sense:-- X at all, defend, deliver (self), escape, X without fail, part, pluck, preserve, recover, rescue, rid, save, spoil, strip, X surely, take (out).
becometh, comely, seemly
- H5000. na'veh, naw-veh'; from
H5116; suitable, or beautiful:--becometh, comely, seemly.
keep at home, prepare an habitation
- H5115. navah, naw-vaw'; a prim. root; to rest (as at home); causat. (through the implied idea of beauty [comp.
H5116]), to celebrate (with praises):--keep at home, prepare an habitation.
- (Exo 15:2; Hab 2:5)
comely, dwelling (place), fold, habitation...
- H5116. naveh, naw-veh'; or (fem.) navah, naw-vaw'; from
H5115; (adj.) at home; hence (by impl. of satisfaction) lovely; also (noun) a home, of God (temple), men (residence), flocks (pasture), or wild animals (den):--comely, dwelling (place), fold, habitation, pleasant place, sheepcote, stable, tarried.
- H5140. nazal, naw-zal'; a prim. root; to drip, or shed by trickling:--distil, drop, flood, (cause to) flow (-ing), gush out, melt, pour (down), running water, stream.
- H5315. nephesh, neh'-fesh; from
H5314; prop. a breathing creature, i.e. animal or (abstr.) vitality; used very widely in a lit., accommodated or fig. sense (bodily or mental):--any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead (-ly), desire, X [dis-] contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortality, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.
blast, (that) breath (-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit
- H5397. neshamah, nesh-aw-maw'; fr.
H5395; a puff, i.e. wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect. or (concr.) an animal:--blast, (that) breath (-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit.
- H5404. nesher, neh'-sher; from an unused root mean. to lacerate; the eagle (or other large bird of prey):--eagle.
alway (-s), constantly, end, (+ n-) ever (more)...
- H5331. netsach, neh'-tsakh; or netsach, nay'-tsakh; from
H5329; prop. a goal, i.e. the bright object at a distance travelled towards; hence (fig.) splendor, or (subj.) truthfulness, or (obj.) confidence; but usually (adv.), continually (i.e. to the most distant point of view):--alway (-s), constantly, end, (+ n-) ever (more), perpetual, strength, victory.
- H5214. niyr, neer; a root prob. ident. with that of
H5216, through the idea of the gleam of a fresh furrow; to till the soil:--break up.
candle, lamp, light
- H5216. niyr, neer; or nir, neer; also neyr, nare; or ner, nare; or (fem.) nerah, nay-raw'; from a prim. root [see
H5135] prop. mean. to glisten; a lamp (i.e. the burner) or light (lit. or fig.):--candle, lamp, light.
bright (-ness), light, (clear) shining
- H5051. nogahh, no'-gah; from
H5050; brilliancy (lit. or fig.):--bright (-ness), light, (clear) shining.
- H5128. nuwa', noo'-ah; a prim. root; to waver, in a great variety of applications, lit. and fig. (as subjoined):--continually, fugitive, X make to [go] up and down, be gone away, (be) move (-able, -d), be promoted, reel, remove, scatter, set, shake, sift, stagger, to and fro, be vagabond, wag, (make) wander (up and down).
- H5127. nuwc, noos; a prim. root; to flit, i.e. vanish away (subside, escape; causat. chase, impel, deliver):-- X abate, away, be displayed, (make to) flee (away, -ing), put to flight, X hide, lift up a standard.
- H5117. nuwach, noo'-akh; a prim. root; to rest, i.e. settle down; used in a great variety of applications, lit. and fig., intrans., trans. and causat. (to dwell, stay, let fall, place, let alone, withdraw, give comfort, etc.):--cease, be confederate, lay, let down, (be) quiet, remain, (cause to, be at, give, have, make to) rest, set down. Comp.
- H5110. nuwd, nood; a prim. root; to nod, i.e. waver, fig. to wander, flee, disappear; also (from shaking the head in sympathy), to console, deplore, or (from tossing the head in scorn) taunt:--bemoan, flee, get, mourn, make to move, take pity, remove, shake, skip for joy, be sorry, vagabond, way, wandering.
- H5123. nuwm, noom; a prim. root; to slumber (from drowsiness):--sleep, slumber.
- H5130. nuwph, noof; a prim. root; to quiver (i.e. vibrate up and down, or rock to and fro); used in a great variety of applications (includ. sprinkling, beckoning, rubbing, bastinadoing, sawing, waving, etc.):--lift up, move, offer, perfume, send, shake, sift, strike, wave.
- H5135. nuwr, (Chald.), noor; from an unused root (corresp. to that of
H5216) mean. to shine; fire:--fiery, fire.
covering, (dwelling) (place), home, tabernacle, tent
- H168. 'ohel, o'-hel; from
H166; a tent (as clearly conspicuous from a distance):--covering, (dwelling) (place), home, tabernacle, tent.
- H6016. 'omer, o'-mer; from
H6014; prop. a heap, i.e. a sheaf; also an omer, as a dry measure:--omer, sheaf.
afflicted (-ion), trouble
- H6040. 'oniy, on-ee'; from
H6031; depression, i.e. misery:--afflicted (-ion), trouble.
- H5769. 'owlam, o-lawm'; or 'olam, o-lawm'; from
H5956; prop. concealed, i.e. the vanishing point; gen. time out of mind (past or fut.), i.e. (practically) eternity; freq. adv. (espec. with prep. pref.) always:--always (-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, [n-]) ever (-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end). Comp.
- 'owlam:H5769 (ever) 'ad:H5703 (Psa 9:5, etc., ever)
- 'owlam:H5769 - 'ad:H5703 (Psa 104:5, ever)
- 'owlam:H5769 (world) 'owlam:H5769 - 'ad:H5703 (Isa 45:17, without)
duty of marriage
- H5772. 'ownah, o-naw'; from an unused root appar. mean. to dwell together; (sexual) cohabitation:--duty of marriage.
bird, that flieth, flying, fowl
- H5775. 'owph, ofe; from
H5774; a bird (as covered with feathers, or rather as covering with wings), often collect.:--bird, that flieth, flying, fowl.
- H212. 'owphan, o-fawn'; or (short.) 'ophan, o-fawn'; from an unused root mean. to revolve; a wheel:--wheel.
- H215. 'owr, ore; a prim. root; to be (caus. make) luminous (lit. and metaph.):--X break of day, glorious, kindle, (be, en-, give, show) light (-en, -ened), set on fire, shine.
- H216. 'owr, ore; from
H215; illumination or (concr.) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.):--bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun.
- H225. 'uwth, ooth; a prim. root; prop. to come, i.e. (impl.) to assent:--consent.
mark, miracle, (en-) sign, token
- H226. 'owth, oth; prob. from
H225 (in the sense of appearing); a signal (lit. or fig.), as a flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, evidence, etc.:--mark, miracle, (en-) sign, token.
- H341. 'oyeb, o-yabe'; or (fully) 'ow-yeb, o-yabe'; act. part. of
H340; hating; an adversary:--enemy, foe.
scatter into corners
- H6284. pa'ah, paw-aw'; a prim. root; to puff, i.e. blow away:--scatter into corners.
- H6458. pacal, paw-sal'; a prim. root; to carve, whether wood or stone:--grave, hew.
deliver, ransom, redeem, rescue...
- H6299. padah, paw-daw'; a prim. root; to sever, i.e. ransom; gener. to release, preserve:-- X at all, deliver, X by any means, ransom, (that are to be, let be) redeem (-ed), rescue, X surely.
- H6307. Paddan, pad-dawn'; from an unused root mean. to extend; a plateau; or Paddan 'Aram, pad-dan' arawm'; from the same and
H758; the table-land of Aram; Paddan or Paddan-Aram, a region of Syria:--Padan, Padan-aram.
hidden, marvelous, miracles, wonders, wonderfully...
- H6381. pala', paw-law'; a prim. root; prop. perh. to separate, i.e. distinguish (lit. or fig.); by impl. to be (causat. make) great, difficult, wonderful:--accomplish, (arise . . . too, be too) hard, hidden, things too high, (be, do, do a, shew) marvelous (-ly, -els, things, work), miracles, perform, separate, make singular, (be, great, make) wonderful (-ers, -ly, things, works), wondrous (things, works, -ly).
intreat, judge (-ment), (make) pray (-er, -ing), make supplication
- H6419. palal, paw-lal'; a prim. root; to judge (officially or mentally); by extens. to intercede, pray:--intreat, judge (-ment), (make) pray (-er, -ing), make supplication.
calve, carry away safe, deliver, (cause to) escape
- H6403. palat, paw-lat'; a prim. root; to slip out, i.e. escape; causat. to deliver:--calve, carry away safe, deliver, (cause to) escape.
- H6404. Pelet, peh'-let; from
H6403; escape; Pelet, the name of two Isr.:--Pelet. See also
- H6409. Paltiy'el, pal-tee-ale'; from the same as
H410; deliverance of God; Paltiel, the name of two Isr.:--Paltiel, Phaltiel.
- H6437. panah, paw-naw'; a prim. root; to turn; by impl. to face, i.e. appear, look, etc.:--appear, at [even-] tide, behold, cast out, come on, X corner, dawning, empty, go away, lie, look, mark, pass away, prepare, regard, (have) respect (to), (re-) turn (aside, away, back, face, self), X right [early].
anger, before, countenance, face, presence, sight...
- H6440. paniym, paw-neem'; plur. (but always as sing.) of an unused noun [ paneh, paw-neh'; from
H6437]; the face (as the part that turns); used in a great variety of applications (lit. and fig.); also (with prep. pref.) as a prep. (before, etc.):-- + accept, a (be-) fore (-time), against, anger, X as (long as), at, + battle, + because (of), + beseech, countenance, edge, + employ, endure, + enquire, face, favour, fear of, for, forefront (-part), form (-er time, -ward), from, front, heaviness, X him (-self), + honourable, + impudent, + in, it, look [-eth] (-s), X me, + meet, X more than, mouth, of, off, (of) old (time), X on, open, + out of, over against, the partial, person, + please, presence, prospect, was purposed, by reason, of, + regard, right forth, + serve, X shewbread, sight, state, straight, + street, X thee, X them (-selves), through (+ -out), till, time (-s) past, (un-) to (-ward), + upon, upside (+ down), with (-in, + stand), X ye, X you.
- H6485. paqad, paw-kad'; a prim. root; to visit (with friendly or hostile intent); by anal. to oversee, muster, charge, care for, miss, deposit, etc.:--appoint, X at all, avenge, bestow, (appoint to have the, give a) charge, commit, count, deliver to keep, be empty, enjoin, go see, hurt, do judgment, lack, lay up look, make X by any means, miss, number, officer, (make) overseer have (the) oversight, punish, reckon, (call to) remember (-brance), set (over), sum, X surely, visit, want.
beautify, boast self, glory...
- H6286. pa'ar, paw-ar'; a prim. root; to gleam, i.e. (causat.) embellish; fig. to boast; also to explain (i.e. make clear) oneself; denom. from
H6288, to shake a tree:--beautify, boast self, go over the boughs, glorify (self), glory, vaunt self.
bough, branch, sprig
- H6288. pe'orah, peh-o-raw'; or pora'h, po-raw'; or pu'rah, poo-raw'; from
H6286; prop. ornamentation, i.e. (plur.) foliage (includ. the limbs) as bright green:--bough, branch, sprig.
- H6539. Parac, paw-ras'; of for. or.; Paras (i.e. Persia), an Eastern country, including its inhab.:--Persia, Persians.
- H6504. parad, paw-rad'; a prim. root; to break through, i.e. spread or separate (oneself):--disperse, divide, be out of joint, part, scatter (abroad), separate (self), sever self, stretch, sunder.
- H6565. parar, paw-rar'; a prim. root; to break up (usually fig., i.e. to violate, frustrate):-- X any ways, break (asunder), cast off, cause to cease, X clean, defeat, disannul, disappoint, dissolve, divide, make of none effect, fail, frustrate, bring (come) to nought, X utterly, make void.
spread (abroad, forth, selves, out), stretch (forth, out)...
- H6566. paras, paw-ras'; a prim. root; to break apart, disperse, etc.:--break, chop in pieces, lay open, scatter, spread (abroad, forth, selves, out), stretch (forth, out).
scatter, declare, distinctly, shew, sting
- H6567. parash, paw-rash'; a prim. root; to separate, lit. (to disperse) or fig. (to specify); also (by impl.) to wound:--scatter, declare, distinctly, shew, sting.
- H6571. parash, paw-rawsh'; from
H6567; a steed (as stretched out to a vehicle, not single nor for mounting [comp.
H5483]); also (by impl.) a driver (in a chariot), i.e. (collect.) cavalry:--horseman.
burst out come (spread) abroad, compel, disperse, grow, open...
- H6555. parats, paw-rats'; a prim. root; to break out (in many applications, direct and indirect, lit. and fig.):-- X abroad, (make a) breach, break (away, down, -er, forth, in, up), burst out come (spread) abroad, compel, disperse, grow,
- (1 Sam 3:1, open)
- H6508. pardec, par-dace'; of for. or.; a park:--forest, orchard.
- H6585. pasa', paw-sah'; a prim. root; to stride (from spreading the legs), i.e. rush upon:--go.
offend, rebel, revolt, transgress (-ion, -or)
- H6586. pasha', paw-shah'; a prim. root [rather ident. with
H6585 through the idea of expansion]; to break away (from just authority), i.e. trespass, apostatize, quarrel:--offend, rebel, revolt, transgress (-ion, -or).
interpret (-ation, -er)
- H6622. pathar, paw-thar'; a prim. root; to open up, i.e. (fig.) interpret (a dream):--interpret (-ation, -er).
halt, become lame, leap, pass over
- H6452. pacach, paw-sakh'; a prim. root; to hop, i.e (fig.) skip over (or spare); by impl. to hesitate; also (lit.) to limp, to dance:--halt, become lame, leap, pass over.
- H6453. pecach, peh'-sakh; from
H6452; a pretermission, i.e. exemption; used only tech. of the Jewish Passover (the festival or the victim):--passover (offering).
carved (graven) image
- H6459. pecel, peh'-sel; from
H6458; an idol:--carved (graven) image.
beauty, bonnet, goodly, ornament, tire
- H6287. pe'er, peh-ayr'; from
H6286; an embellishment, i.e. fancy head-dress:--beauty, bonnet, goodly, ornament, tire.
- H6310. peh, peh; from
H6284; the mouth (as the means of blowing), whether lit. or fig. (particularly speech); spec. edge, portion or side; adv. (with prep.) according to:--accord (-ing as, -ing to), after, appointment, assent, collar, command (-ment), X eat, edge, end, entry, + file, hole, X in, mind, mouth, part, portion, X (should) say (-ing), sentence, skirt, sound, speech, X spoken, talk, tenor, X to, + two-edged, wish, word.
(that have) escape (-d, -th), fugitive
- H6412. paliyt, paw-leet'; or paleyt, paw-late'; or palet, paw-late'; from
H6403; a refugee:--(that have) escape (-d, -th), fugitive.
deliverance, (that is) escape (-d), remnant
- H6413. peleytah, pel-ay-taw'; or peletah, pel-ay-taw'; fem. of
H6412; deliverance; concr. an escaped portion:--deliverance, (that is) escape (-d), remnant.
bough, ([first-]) fruit ([-ful]), reward
- H6529. periy, per-ee'; from
H6409; fruit (lit. or fig.):--bough, ([first-]) fruit ([-ful]), reward.
rebellion, sin, transgression, trespass
- H6588. pesha', peh'-shah; from
H6586; a revolt (national, moral or religious):--rebellion, sin, transgression, trespass.
make [interpretations], interpreting
- 6590. peshar, (Chald.), pesh-ar'; corresp. to
H6622; to interpret:--make [interpretations], interpreting.
- 6591. peshar, (Chald.), pesh-ar'; from
H6590; an interpretation:--interpretation.
- H6434. pen, pane; from an unused root mean. to turn; an angle (of a street or wall):--corner.
- H6383. pil'iy, pil-ee'; or paliy', paw-lee'; from
H6381; remarkable:--secret, wonderful.
bulwark, chief, corner, stay, tower
- H6438. pinnah, pin-naw'; fem. of
H6434; an angle; by impl. a pinnacle; fig. a chieftain:--bulwark, chief, corner, stay, tower.
break, bring to nought, X utterly take
- H6331. puwr, poor; a prim. root; to crush:--break, bring to nought, X utterly take.
- H6333. puwrah, poo-raw'; from
H6331; a wine-press (as crushing the grapes):--winepress.
Libya, Libians, Phut, Put
- H6316. Puwt, poot; or for. or.; Put, a son of Ham, also the name of his descendants or their region, and of a Persian tribe:--Phut, Put.
- (Jer 46:9, Libyans; Ezek 38:5, Libya)
assemble (selves), gather (bring) (together...
- H6908. qabats, kaw-bats'; a prim. root; to grasp, i.e. collect:--assemble (selves), gather (bring) (together, selves together, up), heap, resort, X surely, take up.
holy (One), saint
- H6918. qadowsh, kaw-doshe'; or qadosh, kaw-doshe'; from
H6942; sacred (ceremonially or morally); (as noun) God (by eminence), an angel, a saint, a sanctuary:--holy (One), saint.
- H6919. qadach, kaw-dakh'; a prim. root to inflame:--burn, kindle.
east (-ward, wind)
- H6921. qadiym, kaw-deem'; or qadim, kaw-deem'; from
H6923; the fore or front part; hence (by orientation) the East (often adv. eastward, for brevity the east wind):--east (-ward, wind).
- H6923. qadam, kaw-dam'; a prim. root; to project (one self), i.e. precede; hence to anticipate, hasten, meet (usually for help):--come (go, [flee]) before, + disappoint, meet, prevent.
- H6924. qedem, keh'-dem; or qedmah, kayd'-maw; from
H6923; the front, of place (absol. the fore part, rel. the East) or time (antiquity); often used adv. (before, anciently, eastward):--aforetime, ancient (time), before, east (end, part, side, -ward), eternal, X ever (-lasting), forward, old, past. Comp.
- 6925. qodam, (Chald.), kod-awm'; or qedam (Chald.) (Dan. 7:13), ked-awm'; corresp. to
H6924; before:-- before, X from, X I (thought), X me, + of, X it pleased, presence.
- H6926. qidmah, kid-maw'; fem. of
H6924; the forward part (or rel.) East (often adv. on the east or in front):--east (-ward).
- H6930. qadmown, kad-mone'; from
- H6931. qadmowniy, kad-mo-nee'; or qadmoniy, kad-mo-nee'; from
H6930; (of time) anterior or (of place) oriental:--ancient, they that went before, east, (thing of) old.
- (Zec 14:8, former)
- H6937. qadar, kaw-dar'; a prim. root; to be ashy, i.e. dark-colored; by impl. to mourn (in sackcloth or sordid garments):--be black (-ish), be (make) dark (-en), X heavily, (cause to) mourn.
bid, holy, sanctify...
- H6942. qadash, kaw-dash'; a prim. root; to be (causat. make, pronounce or observe as) clean (ceremonially or morally):--appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow, (be, keep) holy (-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify (-ied one, self), X wholly.
- H6944. qodesh, ko'-desh; from
H6942; a sacred place or thing; rarely abstr. sanctity:--consecrated (thing), dedicated (thing), hallowed (thing), holiness, (X most) holy (X day, portion, thing), saint, sanctuary.
assemble (selves) (together), gather (selves) (together)
- H6950. qahal, kaw-hal'; a prim. root; to convoke:--assemble (selves) (together), gather (selves) (together).
assembly, company, congregation, multitude
- H6951. qahal, kaw-hawl'; from
H6950; assemblage (usually concr.):--assembly, company, congregation, multitude.
curse, moved, lightly...
- H7043. qalal, kaw-lal'; a prim. root; to be (caus. make) light, lit. (swift, small, sharp, etc.) or fig. (easy, trifling, vile, etc.):--abate, make bright, bring into contempt, (ac-) curse, despise, (be) ease (-y, -ier), (be a, make, make somewhat, move, seem a, set) light (-en, -er, ly, -ly afflict, -ly esteem, thing), X slight [-ly], be swift (-er), (be, be more, make, re-) vile, whet.
bidden, called, guest, named...
- H7121. qara', kaw-raw'; a prim. root [rather ident. with
H7122 through the idea of accosting a person met]; to call out to (i.e. prop. address by name, but used in a wide variety of applications):--bewray [self], that are bidden, call (for, forth, self, upon), cry (unto), (be) famous, guest, invite, mention, (give) name, preach, (make) proclaim (-ation), pronounce, publish, read, renowned, say.
befall, (by) chance, (cause to) come (upon), fall out, happen, meet
- H7122. qara', kaw-raw'; a prim. root; to encounter, whether accidentally or in a hostile manner:--befall, (by) chance, (cause to) come (upon), fall out, happen, meet.
cut out, rend, X surely, tear
- H7167. qara', kaw-rah'; a prim. root; to rend, lit. or fig. (revile, paint the eyes, as if enlarging them):--cut out, rend, X surely, tear.
draw near, be at hand...
- H7126. qarab, kaw-rab'; a prim. root; to approach (caus. bring near) for whatever purpose:--(cause to) approach, (cause to) bring (forth, near), (cause to) come (near, nigh), (cause to) draw near (nigh), go (near), be at hand, join, be near, offer, present, produce, make ready, stand, take.
form, move, wink
- H7169. qarats, kaw-rats'; a prim. root; to pinch, i.e. (partially) to bite the lips, blink the eyes (as a gesture of malice), or (fully) to squeeze off (a piece of clay in order to mould a vessel from it):--form, move, wink.
at hand, near...
- H7138. qarowb, kaw-robe'; or qarob, kaw-robe'; from
H7126; near (in place, kindred or time):--allied, approach, at hand, + any of kin, kinsfolk (-sman), (that is) near (of kin), neighbour, (that is) next, (them that come) nigh (at hand), more ready, short (-ly).
have horns, shine
- H7160. qaran, kaw-ran'; a prim. root; to push or gore; used only as denom. from
H7161, to shoot out horns; fig. rays:--have horns, shine.
X hill, horn
- H7161. qeren, keh'-ren; from
H7160; a horn (as projecting); by impl. a flask, cornet; by resembl. an elephant's tooth (i.e. ivory), a corner (of the altar), a peak (of a mountain), a ray (of light); fig. power:-- X hill, horn.
- 7162. qeren, (Chald.), keh'-ren; corresp. to
H7161; a horn (lit. or for sound):--horn, cornet.
be cruel, be fiercer, make grievous...
- H7185. qashah, kaw-shaw'; a prim. root; prop. to be dense, i.e. tough or severe (in various applications):--be cruel, be fiercer, make grievous, be ([ask a], be in, have, seem, would) hard (-en, [labour], -ly, thing), be sore, (be, make) stiff (-en, [-necked]).
churlish, cruel, grievous, sore...
- H7186. qasheh, kaw-sheh'; from
H7185; severe (in various applications):--churlish, cruel, grievous, hard ([-hearted], thing), heavy, + impudent, obstinate, prevailed, rough (-ly), sore, sorrowful, stiff ([-necked]), stubborn, + in trouble.
cut (asunder, in pieces, in sunder, off), X utmost
- H7112. qatsats, kaw-tsats'; a prim. root; to chop off (lit. or fig.):--cut (asunder, in pieces, in sunder, off), X utmost.
- H7114. qatsar, kaw-tsar'; a prim. root; to dock off, i.e. curtail (trans. or intrans., lit. or fig.); espec. to harvest (grass or grain):-- X at all, cut down, much discouraged, grieve, harvestman, lothe, mourn, reap (-er), (be, wax) short (-en, -er), straiten, trouble, vex.
bough, branch, harvest (man)
- H7105. qatsiyr, kaw-tseer'; from
H7114; severed, i.e. harvest (as reaped), the crop, the time, the reaper, or fig.; also a limb (of a tree, or simply foliage):--bough, branch, harvest (man).
- H7107. qatsaph, kaw-tsaf'; a prim. root; to crack off, i.e. (fig.) burst out in rage:--(be) anger (-ry), displease, fret self, (provoke to) wrath (come), be wroth.
- H6957. qav, kav; or qav, kawv; from
H6961]; a cord (as connecting), espec. for measuring; fig. a rule; also a rim, a musical string or accord:--line. Comp.
- (1 Ki 7:23, etc., line; Psa 35:14, heavily; Isa 44:13, rule)
X meted out
- H6978. qav-qav, kav-kav'; from
H6957 (in the sense of a fastening); stalwart:-- X meted out.
- (Isa 18:2, 7, meted outed)
gather (together), look, patiently...
- H6960. qavah, kaw-vaw'; a prim. root; to bind together (perh. by twisting), i.e. collect; (fig.) to expect:--gather (together), look, patiently, tarry, wait (for, on, upon).
- H6961. qaveh, kaw-veh'; from
H6960; a (measuring) cord (as if for binding):--line.
- H7093. qets, kates; contr. from
H7112; an extremity; adv. (with prep. pref.) after:-- + after, (utmost) border, end, [in-] finite, X process.
foam, indignation, X sore, wrath
- H7110. qetseph, keh'-tsef; from
H7107; a splinter (as chipped off); fig. rage or strife:--foam, indignation, X sore, wrath.
+ mason, side, town, X very, wall
- H7023. qiyr, keer; or qir (Isa. 22:5), keer; or (fem.) qiyrah, kee-raw'; from
H6979; a wall (as built in a trench):-- + mason, side, town, X very, wall.
- H6963. qowl, kole; or qol, kole; from an unused root mean. to call aloud; a voice or sound:-- + aloud, bleating, crackling, cry (+ out), fame, lightness, lowing, noise, + hold peace, [pro-] claim, proclamation, + sing, sound, + spark, thunder (-ing), voice, + yell.
abide, raise, rise up...
- H6965. quwm, koom; a prim. root; to rise (in various applications, lit. fig., intens. and caus.):--abide, accomplish, X be clearer, confirm, continue, decree, X be dim, endure, X enemy, enjoin, get up, make good, help, hold, (help to) lift up (again), make, X but newly, ordain, perform, pitch, raise (up), rear (up), remain, (a-) rise (up) (again, against), rouse up, set (up), (e-) stablish, (make to) stand (up), stir up, strengthen, succeed, (as-, make) sure (-ly), (be) up (-hold, -rising).
- H6966. quwm, (Chald.), koom; corresp. to
H6965:--appoint, establish, make, raise up self, (a-) rise (up), (make to) stand, set (up).
break down, cast out, destroy, dig
- H6979. quwr, koor; a prim. root; to trench; by impl. to throw forth; also (denom. from
H7023) to wall up, whether lit. (to build a wall) or fig. (to estop):--break down, cast out, destroy, dig.
appear, saw, see, seen, seer, show, visions...
- H7200. ra'ah, raw-aw'; a prim. root; to see, lit. or fig. (in numerous applications, direct and implied, trans., intrans. and causat.):--advise self, appear, approve, behold, X certainly, consider, discern, (make to) enjoy, have experience, gaze, take heed, X indeed, X joyfully, lo, look (on, one another, one on another, one upon another, out, up, upon), mark, meet, X be near, perceive, present, provide, regard, (have) respect, (fore-, cause to, let) see (-r, -m, one another), shew (self), X sight of others, (e-) spy, stare, X surely, X think, view, visions.
- H7203. ro'eh, ro-eh'; act. part. of
H7200; a seer (as often rendered); but also (abstr.) a vision:--vision.
adversity, affliction, evil, trouble, wickedness...
- H7451. ra', rah; from
H7489; bad or (as noun) evil (nat. or mor.):--adversity, affliction, bad, calamity, + displease (-ure), distress, evil ([-favouredness], man, thing), + exceedingly, X great, grief (-vous), harm, heavy, hurt (-ful), ill (favoured), + mark, mischief, (-vous), misery, naught (-ty), noisome, + not please, sad (-ly), sore, sorrow, trouble, vex, wicked (-ly, -ness, one), worse (-st) wretchedness, wrong. [Incl. fem. ra'ah; as adj. or noun.]
- H7456. ra'eb, raw-abe'; a prim. root; to hunger:--(suffer to) famish, (be, have, suffer, suffer to) hunger (-ry).
dearth, famine, + famished, hunger
- H7458. ra'ab, raw-awb'; from
H7456; hunger (more or less extensive):--dearth, famine, + famished, hunger.
- H7489. ra'a', raw-ah'; a prim. root; prop. to spoil (lit. by breaking to pieces); fig. to make (or be) good for nothing, i.e. bad (phys., soc. or mor.):--afflict, associate selves [by mistake for
H7462], break (down, in pieces), + displease, (be, bring, do) evil (doer, entreat, man), show self friendly [by mistake for
H7462], do harm, (do) hurt, (behave self, deal) ill, X indeed, do mischief, punish, still vex, (do) wicked (doer, -ly), be (deal, do) worse.
X break, companion, keep company with, devour...
- H7462. ra'ah, raw-aw'; a prim. root; to tend a flock, i.e. pasture it; intrans. to graze (lit. or fig.); gen. to rule; by extens. to associate with (as a friend):-- X break, companion, keep company with, devour, eat up, evil entreat, feed, use as a friend, make friendship with, herdman, keep [sheep] (-er), pastor, + shearing house, shepherd, wander, waste.
(re-) move, quake, shake, tremble...
- H7493. ra'ash, raw-ash; a prim. root; to undulate (as the earth, the sky, etc.; also a field of grain), partic. through fear; spec. to spring (as a locust):--make afraid, (re-) move, quake, (make to) shake, (make to) tremble.
earthquake, quake, shake...
- H7494. ra'ash, rah'-ash; from
H7493; vibration; bounding, uproar:--commotion, confused noise, earthquake, fierceness, quaking, rattling, rushing, shaking.
- H7227. rab, rab; by contr. from
H7231; abundant (in quantity, size, age, number, rank, quality):--(in) abound (-undance, -ant, -antly), captain, elder, enough, exceedingly, full, great (-ly, man, one), increase, long (enough, [time]), (do, have) many (-ifold, things, a time), ([ship-]) master, mighty, more, (too, very) much, multiply (-tude), officer, often [-times], plenteous, populous, prince, process [of time], suffice (-ient).
captain, chief, great, lord, master, stout
- H7229. rab, (Chald.), rab; corresp. to
H7227:--captain, chief, great, lord, master, stout.
increase, be many...
- H7231. rabab, raw-bab'; a prim. root; prop. to cast together [comp.
H7241], i.e. increase, espec. in number; also (as denom. from
H7233) to multiply by the myriad:--increase, be many (-ifold), be more, multiply, ten thousands.
- H7232. rabab, raw-bab'; a prim. root [rather ident. with
H7231 through the idea of projection]; to shoot an arrow:--shoot.
- (Gen 49:23; Psa 18:14, shot)
many, million, X multiply, ten thousand
- H7233. rebabah, reb-aw-baw'; from
H7231; abundance (in number), i.e. (spec.) a myriad (whether def. or indef.):--many, million, X multiply, ten thousand.
- H7235. rabah, raw-baw'; a prim. root; to increase (in whatever respect):--[bring in] abundance (X -antly), + archer [by mistake for
H7232], be in authority, bring up, X continue, enlarge, excel, exceeding (-ly), be full of, (be, make) great (-er, -ly), X -ness), grow up, heap, increase, be long, (be, give, have, make, use) many (a time), (any, be, give, give the, have) more (in number), (ask, be, be so, gather, over, take, yield) much (greater, more), (make to) multiply, nourish, plenty (-eous), X process [of time], sore, store, thoroughly, very.
- H7241. rabiyb, raw-beeb'; from
H7231; a rain (as an accumulation of drops):--shower.
(very) great (things)
- 7260. rabrab, (Chald.), rab-rab'; from
H7229; huge (in size); domineering (in character):--(very) great (things).
move, quake, shake, tremble...
- H7264. ragaz, raw-gaz'; a prim. root; to quiver (with any violent emotion, espec. anger or fear):--be afraid, stand in awe, disquiet, fall out, fret, move, provoke, quake, rage, shake, tremble, trouble, be wroth.
provoke unto wrath
- H7265. regaz, (Chald.), reg-az'; corresp. to
H7264:--provoke unto wrath.
beguile, betray, [bow-] man, carry, deceive, throw
- H7411. ramah, raw-maw'; a prim. root; to hurl; spec. to shoot; fig. to delude or betray (as if causing to fall):--beguile, betray, [bow-] man, carry, deceive, throw.
dance, jump, leap, skip
- H7540. raqad, raw-kad'; a prim. root; prop. to stamp, i.e. to spring about (wildly or for joy):--dance, jump, leap, skip.
spread abroad, stretch...
- H7554. raqa', raw-kah'; a prim. root; to pound the earth (as a sign of passion); by analogy to expand (by hammering); by impl. to overlay (with thin sheets of metal):--beat, make broad, spread abroad (forth, over, out, into plates), stamp, stretch.
- H7549. raqiya', raw-kee'-ah; frm
H7554; prop. an expanse, i.e. the firmament or (apparently) visible arch of the sky:--firmament.
wicked (-ly, -ness)...
- H7561. rasha', raw-shah'; a prim. root; to be (caus. do or declare) wrong: by impl. to disturb, violate:--condemn, make trouble, vex, be (commit, deal, depart, do) wicked (-ly, -ness).
- H7563. rasha', raw-shaw'; from
H7561; morally wrong; concr. an (actively) bad person:-- + condemned, guilty, ungodly, wicked (man), that did wrong.
- H7523. ratsach, raw-tsakh'; a prim. root; prop. to dash in pieces, i.e. kill (a human being), espec. to murder:--put to death, kill, (man-) slay (-er), murder (-er).
bathe, make drunk, (take the) fill, satiate, (abundantly) satisfy...
- H7301. ravah, raw-vaw'; a prim. root; to slake the thirst (occasionally of other appetites):--bathe, make drunk, (take the) fill, satiate, (abundantly) satisfy, soak, water (abundantly).
- H7328. raz, (Chald.), rawz; from an unused root prob. mean. to attenuate, i.e. (fig.) hide; a mystery:--secret.
have compassion (on, upon), love...
- H7355. racham, raw-kham'; a prim. root; to fondle; by impl. to love, espec. to compassionate:--have compassion (on, upon), love, (find, have, obtain, shew) mercy (-iful, on, upon), (have) pity, Ruhamah, X surely.
bowels, compassion, damsel, tender love...
- H7356. racham, rakh'-am; from
H7355; compassion (in the plur.); by extens. the womb (as cherishing the foetus); by impl. a maiden:--bowels, compassion, damsel, tender love, (great, tender) mercy, pity, womb.
- H7358. rechem, rekh'-em; from
H7355; the womb [comp.
break, divide, find ease, be a moment...
- H7280. raga', raw-gah'; a prim. root; prop. to toss violently and suddenly (the sea with waves, the skin with boils); fig. (in a faborable manner) to settle, i.e. quiet; spec. to wink (from the motion of the eye-lids):--break, divide, find ease, be a moment, (cause, give, make to) rest, make suddenly.
instant, moment, space, suddenly
- H7281. rega', reh'-gah; from
H7280; a wink (of the eyes), i.e. a very short space of time:--instant, moment, space, suddenly.
backbite, search, slander, (e-) spy (out)...
- H7270. ragal, raw-gal'; a prim. root; to walk along; but only in spec. applications, to reconnoitre, to be a tale-bearer (i.e. slander); also (as denom. from
H7272) to lead about:--backbite, search, slander, (e-) spy (out), teach to go, view.
- H7272. regel, reh'-gel; from
H7270; a foot (as used in walking); by impl. a step; by euphem. the pudenda:-- X be able to endure, X according as, X after, X coming, X follow, ([broken-]) foot ([-ed, -stool]), X great toe, X haunt, X journey, leg, + piss, + possession, time.
- H7392. rakab, raw-kab'; a prim. root; to ride (on an animal or in a vehicle); caus. to place upon (for riding or gen), to despatch:--bring (on [horse-] back), carry, get [oneself] up, on [horse-] back, put, (cause to, make to) ride (in a chariot, on, -r), set.
- H7393. rekeb, reh'-keb; from
H7392; a vehicle; by impl. a team; by extens. cavalry; by analogy a rider, i.e. the upper millstone:--chariot, (upper) millstone, multitude [from the marg.], wagon.
- H7426. ramam, raw-mam'; a prim. root; to rise (lit. or fig.):--exalt, get [oneself] up, lift up (self), mount up.
please (-ure), reconcile self...
- H7521. ratsah, raw-tsaw'; a prim. root; to be pleased with; spec. to satisfy a debt:--(be) accept (-able), accomplish, set affection, approve, consent with, delight (self), enjoy, (be, have a) favour (-able), like, observe, pardon, (be, have, take) please (-ure), reconcile self.
- H7522. ratsown, raw-tsone'; or ratson, raw-tsone'; from
H7521; delight (espec. as shown):--(be) acceptable (-ance, -ed), delight, desire, favour, (good) pleasure, (own, self, voluntary) will, as . . . (what) would.
- H7416. rimmown, rim-mone'; or rimmon, rim-mone'; from
H7426; a pomegranate, the tree (from its upright growth) or the fruit (also an artificial ornament):--pomegranate.
- H7417. Rimmown, rim-mone'; or (shorter) Rimmon, rim-mone'; or Rimmownow
(H1 Chron. 6:62
[H77]), rim-mo-no'; the same as
H7416; Rimmon, the name of a Syrian deity, also of five places in Pal:--Remmon, Rimmon. The addition "-methoar" (Josh 19:13) is ham-metho'ar, ham-meth-o-awr'; pass. part. of
H8388 with the art.; the (one) marked off, i.e. which pertains; mistaken for part of the name.
- H7223. ri'shown, ree-shone'; or ri'shon, ree-shone'; from
H7221; first, in place, time or rank (as adj. or noun):--ancestor, (that were) before (-time), beginning, eldest, first, fore [-father] (-most), former (thing), of old time, past.
- H7225. re'shiyth, ray-sheeth'; from the same as
H7218; the first, in place, time, order or rank (spec. a firstfruit):--beginning, chief (-est), first (-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
- H7218. ro'sh, roshe; from an unused root appar. mean. to shake; the head (as most easily shaken), whether lit. or fig. (in many applications, of place, time, rank, etc.):--band, beginning, captain, chapiter, chief (-est place, man, things), company, end, X every [man], excellent, first, forefront, ([be-]) head, height, (on) high (-est part, [priest]), X lead, X poor, principal, ruler, sum, top.
blow an alarm, cry (alarm, aloud, out), destroy...
- H7321. ruwa', roo-ah'; a prim. root; to mar (espec. by breaking); fig. to split the ears (with sound), i.e. shout (for alarm or joy):--blow an alarm, cry (alarm, aloud, out), destroy, make a joyful noise, smart, shout (for joy), sound an alarm, triumph.
accept, smell, X touch, make of quick understanding
- H7306. ruwach, roo'-akh; a prim. root; prop. to blow, i.e. breathe; only (lit.) to smell or (by impl. perceive (fig. to anticipate, enjoy):--accept, smell, X touch, make of quick understanding.
breath, spirit, wind...
- H7307. ruwach, roo'-akh; from
H7306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; fig. life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extens. a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (includ. its expression and functions):--air, anger, blast, breath, X cool, courage, mind, X quarter, X side, spirit ([-ual]), tempest, X vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y).
bring up, exalt (self), extol, give...
- H7311. ruwm, room; a prim. root; to be high act. to rise or raise (in various applications, lit. or fig.):--bring up, exalt (self), extol, give, go up, haughty, heave (up), (be, lift up on, make on, set up on, too) high (-er, one), hold up, levy, lift (-er) up, (be) lofty, (X a-) loud, mount up, offer (up), + presumptuously, (be) promote (-ion), proud, set up, tall (-er), take (away, off, up), breed worms.
Click here for more Dictionary!
© 1997-2070, L.T.G.