Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary Words (d-m)
Hebrew and Chaldee words and definitions are taken from "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible".
one . . . another, this
- H1668. da', (Chald.), daw; corresp. to
H2088; this:--one . . . another, this.
- H1692. dabaq, daw-bak'; a prim. root; prop. to impinge, i.e. cling or adhere; fig. to catch by pursuit:--abide, fast, cleave (fast together), follow close (hard, after), be joined (together), keep (fast), overtake, pursue hard, stick, take.
declare, destroy, speak...
- H1696. dabar, daw-bar'; a prim. root; perh. prop. to arrange; but used fig. (of words) to speak; rarely (in a destructive sense) to subdue:--answer, appoint, bid, command, commune, declare, destroy, give, name, promise, pronounce, rehearse, say, speak, be spokesman, subdue, talk, teach, tell, think, use [entreaties], utter, X well, X work.
- H1697. dabar, daw-bawr'; from
H1696; a word; by impl. a matter (as spoken of) or thing; adv. a cause:--act, advice, affair, answer, X any such (thing), + because of, book, business, care, case, cause, certain rate, + chronicles, commandment, X commune (-ication), + concern [-ing], + confer, counsel, + dearth, decree, deed, X disease, due, duty, effect, + eloquent, errand, [evil favoured-] ness, + glory, + harm, hurt, + iniquity, + judgment, language, + lying, manner, matter, message, [no] thing, oracle, X ought, X parts, + pertaining, + please, portion, + power, promise, provision, purpose, question, rate, reason, report, request, X (as hast) said, sake, saying, sentence, + sign, + so, some [uncleanness], somewhat to say, + song, speech, X spoken, talk, task, + that, X there done, thing (concerning), thought, + thus, tidings, what [-soever], + wherewith, which, word, work
murrain, pestilence, plague
- H1698. deber, deh'-ber; from
H1696 (in the sense of destroying); a pestilence:--murrain, pestilence, plague.
- H1724. daham, daw-ham'; a prim. root (comp.
H1740); to be dumb, i.e. (fig.) dumb-founded:--be astonished.
- (Jer 14:9)
blood (-y, -guiltiness, [-thirsty]), + innocent
- H1818. dam, dawm; from
H119); blood (as that which when shed causes death) of man or an animal; by anal. the juice of the grape; fig. (espec. in the plur.) bloodshed (i.e. drops of blood):--blood (-y, -guiltiness, [-thirsty]), + innocent.
compare, devise, (be) like (-n), mean, think, use similitudes
- H1819. damah, daw-maw'; a prim. root; to compare; by impl. to resemble, liken, consider:--compare, devise, (be) like (-n), mean, think, use similitudes.
cease, be cut down (off), destroy...
- H1820. damah, daw-maw'; a prim. root; to be dumb or silent; hence to fail or perish; trans. to destroy:--cease, be cut down (off), destroy, be brought to silence, be undone, X utterly.
fashion, like (-ness, as), manner, similitude
- H1823. demuwth, dem-ooth'; from
H1819; resemblance; concr. model, shape; adv. like:--fashion, like (-ness, as), manner, similitude.
cease, be cut down (off), forbear, hold peace...
- H1826. damam, daw-mam'; a prim. root [comp.
H1820]; to be dumb; by impl. to be astonished, to stop; also to perish:--cease, be cut down (off), forbear, hold peace, quiet self, rest, be silent, keep (put to) silence, be (stand), still, tarry, wait.
- H1835. Dan, dawn; from
H1777; judge; Dan, one of the sons of Jacob; also the tribe descended from him, and its territory; likewise a place in Pal. colonized by them:--Dan.
beat in pieces...
- H1854. daqaq, daw-kak'; a prim. root [comp.
H1915]; to crush (or intrans.) crumble:--beat in pieces (small), bruise, make dust, (into) X powder, (be, very) small, stamp (small).
break to pieces
- H1855. deqaq, (Chald.), dek-ak'; corresp. to
H1854; to crumble or (trans.) crush:--break to pieces.
pierce, strike (thrust) through, wound
- H1856. daqar, daw-kar'; a prim. root; to stab; by anal. to starve; fig. to revile:--pierce, strike (thrust) through, wound.
accept, anoint, take away the (receive) ashes (from), make (wax) fat
- H1878. dashen, daw-shane'; a prim. root; to be fat; trans. to fatten (or regard as fat); spec. to anoint; fig. to satisfy; denom. (from
H1880) to remove (fat) ashes (of sacrifices):--accept, anoint, take away the (receive) ashes (from), make (wax) fat.
- H1880. deshen, deh'-shen; from
H1878; the fat; abstr. fatness, i.e. (fig.) abundance; spec. the (fatty) ashes of sacrifices:--ashes, fatness.
+ what (-soever), when, which, whom, whose...
- H1768. diy, (Chald.), dee; appar. for
H1668; that, used as rel., conj., and espec. (with prep.) in adv. phrases; also as a prep. of:-- X as, but, for (-asmuch +), + now, of, seeing, than, that, therefore, until, + what (-soever), when, which, whom, whose.
contend, execute (judgment), judge, minister judgment...
- H1777. diyn, deen; or (Gen. 6:3) duwn, doon; a prim. root [comp.
H113]; to rule; by impl. to judge (as umpire); also to strive (as at law):--contend, execute (judgment), judge, minister judgment, plead (the cause), at strife, strive.
cast out, purge, wash
- H1740. duwach, doo'-akh; a prim. root; to thrust away; fig. to cleanse:--cast out, purge, wash.
- H68. 'eben, eh'-ben; from the root of
H1129 through the mean. to build; a stone:--+ carbuncle, + mason, + plummet, [chalk-, hail-, bead-, sling-] stone (-ny), (divers) weight (-s).
- H69. 'eben, (Chald.), eh'-ben; corresp. to
X against, beyond, by, X from, over, passage, quarter...
- H5676. 'eber, ay'-ber; from
H5674; prop. a region across; but used only adv. (with or without a prep.) on the opposite side (espec. of the Jordan; usually mean. the east):-- X against, beyond, by, X from, over, passage, quarter, (other, this) side, straight.
- H77. 'Ebets, eh'-bets; from an unused root prob. mean. to gleam; conspicuous; Ebets, a place in Pal.:--Abez.
- (Josh 19:20)
anger, rage, wrath
- H5678. 'ebrah, eb-raw'; fem. of
H5676; an outburst of passion:--anger, rage, wrath.
- H5708. 'ed, ayd; from an unused root mean. to set a period [comp.
H5749]; the menstrual flux (as periodical); by impl. (in plur.) soiling:--filthy.
- (Isa 64:6)
delicate, delight, pleasure
- H5730. 'eden, ay'-den; or (fem.) 'ednah, ed-naw'; from
H5727; pleasure:--delicate, delight, pleasure. See also
- H5731. 'Eden, ay'-den; the same as
H5730 (masc.); Eden, the region of Adam's home:--Eden.
Edom, Edomites, Idumea
- H123. 'Edom, ed-ome'; or (fully) 'Edowm, ed-ome'; from
H122; red [see Gen. 25:25]; Edom, the elder twin-brother of Jacob; hence the region (Idumaea) occupied by him:--Edom, Edomites, Idumea.
certain, one, once...
- H259. 'echad, ekh-awd'; a numeral from
H258; prop. united, i.e. one; or (as an ordinal) first:--a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any (-thing), apiece, a certain [dai-] ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong
- H410. 'el, ale; short. from
H352; strength; as adj. mighty; espec. the Almighty (but used also of any deity):--God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Comp. names in "-el."
- H411. 'el, ale; a demonstr. particle (but only in a plur. sense) these or those:--these, those, Comp.
about, according to, after, against, among, as for...
- H413. 'el, ale; (but used only in the shortened constr. form 'el, el); a prim. particle, prop. denoting motion towards, but occasionally used of a quiescent position, i.e. near, with or among; often in general, to:--about, according to, after, against, among, as for, at, because (-fore, -side), both . . . and, by, concerning, for, from, X hath, in (-to), near, (out) of, over, through,to (-ward), under, unto, upon, whether, with(-in).
- 'el:H413 - 'asher:H834 (Ruth 1:16, whither)
- 'el:H413 - 'asher:H834 - sham:H8033 (Num 33:54, where; Ezek 47:9, whither)
- 'el:H413 - kol:H3605 (Jer 40:5, wheresoever)
- 'el:H413 - kol:H3605 - 'asher:H834 (Josh 1:16; Prov 17:8, whithersoever)
- 'el:H413 - kol:H3605 - 'asher:H834 - sham:H8033 (Ezek 47:9, whithersoever)
- H416. 'El Beyth-'El, ale bayth-ale'; from
H1008; the God of Bethel; El-Bethel, the title given to a consecrated spot by Jacob:--El-beth-el.
- (Gen 35:7)
young man, stripling
- H5958. 'elem, eh'-lem; from
H5956; prop. something kept out of sight [comp.
H5959], i.e. a lad:--young man, stripling.
great hail [-stones]
- H417. 'elgabiysh, el-gaw-beesh'; from
H1378; hail (as if a great pearl):--great hail [-stones].
- H452. 'Eliyah, ay-lee-yaw'; or prol. 'Eliyahuw, ay-lee-yaw'-hoo; from
H3050; God of Jehovah; Elijah, the name of the famous prophet and of two other Isr.:--Elijah, Eliah.
- H428. 'el-leh, ale'-leh; prol. from
H411; these or those:--an- (the) other; one sort, so, some, such, them, these (same), they, this, those, thus, which, who (-m).
angels, God, gods, judges...
- H430. 'elohiym, el-o-heem'; plur. of
H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but spec. used (in the plur. thus, esp. with the art.) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
- H433. 'elowahh, el-o'-ah; rarely (short.) 'eloahh, el-o'-ah; prob. prol. (emphat.) from
G410; a deity or the Deity:--God, god. See
answer, X appointed unto him, saying, speech, word
- H561. 'emer, ay'-mer; from
H559; something said: --answer, X appointed unto him, saying, speech, word.
- H571. 'emeth, eh'-meth; contr. from
H539; stability; fig. certainty, truth, trustworthiness:--assured (-ly), establishment, faithful, right, sure, true (-ly, -th), verity.
man, people, person, servant...
- H582. 'enowsh, en-oshe'; from
H605; prop. a mortal (and thus differing from the more dignified
H120); hence a man in gen. (singly or collect.):--another, X [blood-] thirsty, certain, chap [-man], divers, fellow, X in the flower of their age, husband, (certain, mortal) man, people, person, servant, some (X of them), + stranger, those, + their trade. It is often unexpressed in the Engl. version, especially when used in apposition with another word. Comp.
desperate (-ly wicked), incurable, sick, woeful
- H605. 'anash, aw-nash'; a prim. root; to be frail, feeble, or (fig.) melancholy:--desperate (-ly wicked), incurable, sick, woeful.
man, + whosoever
- H606. 'enash, (Chald.), en-awsh'; or 'enash (Chald.), en-ash'; corresp. to
H582; a man:--man, + whosoever.
+ day, even (-ing, tide), night
- H6153. 'ereb, eh'-reb; from
H6150; dusk:-- + day, even (-ing, tide), night.
X common, country, earth, field, ground, land...
- H776. 'erets, eh'-rets; from an unused root prob. mean. to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land):-- X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X nations, way, + wilderness, world.
burning, fiery, fire, flaming, hot
- H784. 'esh, aysh; a prim. word; fire (lit. or fig.):--burning, fiery, fire, flaming, hot.
- H785. 'esh, (Chald.), aysh; corresp. to
...the object of a verb or prep...
- H853. 'eth, ayth; appar. contr. from
H226 in the demonstr. sense of entity; prop. self (but gen. used to point out more def. the object of a verb or prep., even or namely):--[as such unrepresented in English.]
- 'eth:H853 (even) 'asher:H834 (Eccl 2:12, which)
- 'eth:H853 - 'asher:H834 (Gen 9:24, etc., what; Exo 33:12, etc., whom; Num 16:5, who; 1 Sam 25:8, whatsoever)
- 'eth:H853 (even) kol:H3605 (Exo 10:12; Jer 43:1; 51:60, all; Jer 7:15, whole)
- 'eth:H853 - kol:H3605 (Lev 11:15, every; Est 2:13, whatsoever; Jer 44:17, whatsoever)
- 'eth:H853 - kol:H3605 - 'asher:H834 (Est 2:13, whatsoever)
against, among, before, by, for, from, in (-to)...
- H854. 'eth, ayth; prob. from
H579; prop. nearness (used only as a prep. or adv), near; hence gen. with, by, at, among, etc.:--against, among, before, by, for, from, in (-to), (out) of, with. Often with another prep. prefixed.
- 'eth:H854 (concerning) kol:H3605 (Ezek 14:22, all)
- 'eth:H854 - kol:H3605 (Gen 2:6, etc., whole)
- H6256. 'eth, ayth; from
H5703; time, espec. (adv. with prep.) now, when, etc.:-- + after, [al-] ways, X certain, + continually, + evening, long, (due) season, so [long] as, [even-, evening-, noon-] tide, ([meal-], what) time, when.
+ carpenter, gallows, helve, + pine, plank...
- H6086. 'ets, ates; from
H6095; a tree (from its firmness); hence wood (plur. sticks):-- + carpenter, gallows, helve, + pine, plank, staff, stalk, stick, stock, timber, tree, wood.
body, bone, X life, (self-) same, strength, X very
- H6106. 'etsem, eh'-tsem; from
H6105; a bone (as strong); by extens. the body; fig. the substance, i.e. (as pron.) selfsame:--body, bone, X life, (self-) same, strength, X very.
gloriously, grow up, increase, be risen, triumph
- H1342. ga'ah, gaw-aw'; a prim. root; to mount up; hence in gen. to rise, (fig.) be majestic:--gloriously, grow up, increase, be risen, triumph.
- H1350. ga'al, gaw-al'; a prim. root, to redeem (according to the Oriental law of kinship), i.e. to be the next of kin (and as such to buy back a relative's property, marry his widow, etc.):-- X in any wise, X at all, avenger, deliver, (do, perform the part of near, next) kinsfolk (-man), purchase, ransom, redeem (-er), revenger.
corrupt, rebuke, reprove
- H1605. ga'ar, gaw-ar'; a prim. root; to chide:--corrupt, rebuke, reprove.
rebuke (-ing), reproof
- H1606. ge'arah, gheh-aw-raw; from
H1605; a chiding:--rebuke (-ing), reproof.
move, shake, shook, toss, trouble
- H1607. ga'ash, gaw-ash'; a prim. root to agitate violently:--move, shake, toss, trouble.
gloriously, grow up, increase, be risen, triumph
- H1342. ga'ah, gaw-aw'; a prim. root; to mount up; hence in gen. to rise, (fig.) be majestic:--gloriously, grow up, increase, be risen, triumph.
excellency, haughtiness, highness, pride, proudly, swelling
- H1346. ga'avah, gah-av-aw'; from
H1342; arrogance or majesty; by impl. (concr.) ornament:--excellency, haughtiness, highness, pride, proudly, swelling.
- H1347. ga'own, gaw-ohn'; from
H1342; the same as
H1346:--arrogancy, excellency (-lent), majesty, pomp, pride, proud, swelling.
- H1396. gabar, gaw-bar'; a prim. root; to be strong; by impl. to prevail, act insolently:--exceed, confirm, be great, be mighty, prevail, put to more [strength], strengthen, be stronger, be valiant.
every one, man, X mighty
- H1397. geber, gheh'-ber; from
H1396; prop. a valiant man or warrior; gen. a person simply:--every one, man, X mighty.
- H1378. gabiysh, gaw-beesh'; from an unused root (prob. mean. to freeze); crystal (from its resemblance to ice):--pearl.
- H1403. Gabriy'el, gab-ree-ale'; from
H410; man of God; Gabriel, an archangel:--Gabriel.
- H1413. gadad, gaw-dad'; a prim. root [comp.
H1464]; to crowd; also to gash (as if by pressing into):--assemble (selves by troops), gather (selves together, self in troops), cut selves.
- H1419. gadowl, gaw-dole'; or (short.) gadol, gaw-dole'; from
H1431; great (in any sense); hence older; also insolent:-- + aloud, elder (-est), + exceeding (-ly), + far, (man of) great (man, matter, thing, -er, -ness), high, long, loud, mighty, more, much, noble, proud thing, X sore, (X) very.
- H1431. gadal, gaw-dal'; a prim. root; prop. to twist [comp.
H1434], i.e. to be (caus. make) large (in various senses, as in body, mind, estate or honor, also in pride):--advance, boast, bring up, exceed, excellent, be (-come, do, give, make, wax), great (-er, come to . . estate, + things), grow (up), increase, lift up, magnify (-ifical), be much set by, nourish (up), pass, promote, proudly [spoken], tower.
back, body, boss...
- H1354. gab, gab; from an unused root mean. to hollow or curve; the back (as rounded [comp.
H1479]; by anal. the top or rim, a boss, a vault, arch of eye, bulwarks, etc.:--back, body, boss, eminent (higher) place, [eye] brows, nave, ring.
+ among, back, body
- H1460. gev, gave; from
H1342 [corresp. to
H1354]; the back; by anal. the middle:-- + among, back, body.
appear, disclose, discovered, open, showed, reveal, told...
- H1540. galah, gaw-law'; a prim. root; to denude (espec. in a disgraceful sense); by impl. to exile (captives being usually stripped); fig. to reveal:-- + advertise, appear, bewray, bring, (carry, lead, go) captive (into captivity), depart, disclose, discover, exile, be gone, open, X plainly, publish, remove, reveal, X shamelessly, shew, X surely, tell, uncover.
bring over, carry away, reveal
- H1541. gelah, (Chald.), ghel-aw'; or gela' (Chald.), ghel-aw'; corresp. to
H1540:--bring over, carry away, reveal.
- H1556. galal, gaw-lal'; a prim. root; to roll (lit. or fig.):--commit, remove, roll (away, down, together), run down, seek occasion, trust, wallow.
heaven, rolling thing, wheel
- H1534. galgal, gal-gal'; by redupl. from
H1556; a wheel; by anal. a whirlwind; also dust (as whirled):--heaven, rolling thing, wheel.
- H1535. galgal, (Chald.), gal-gal'; corresp. to
H1534; a wheel;--wheel.
- H1589. ganab, gaw-nab'; a prim. root; to thieve (lit. or fig.); by impl. to deceive:--carry away, X indeed, secretly bring, steal (away), get by stealth.
- H1590. gannab, gaw-nab'; from
H1589; a stealer:--thief.
cut down (off), decree, divide, snatch
- H1504. gazar, gaw-zar'; a prim. root; to cut down or off; (fig.) to destroy, divide, exclude or decide:--cut down (off), decree, divide, snatch.
cut out, soothsayer
- H1505. gezar, (Chald.), ghez-ar'; corresp. to
H1504; to quarry; determine:--cut out, soothsayer.
house, cup, pot
- H1375. gebiya', gheb-ee'-ah; from an unused root (mean. to be convex); a goblet; by anal. the calyx of a flower:--house, cup, pot.
Gaba, Geba, Gibeah
- H1387. Geba', gheh'-bah; from the same as
H1375, a hillock; Geba, a place in Pal.:--Gaba, Geba, Gibeah.
- H1434. gedil, ghed-eel'; from
H1431 (in the sense of twisting); thread, i.e. a tassel or festoon:--fringe, wreath.
- H1465. gevah, gay-vaw'; fem. of
H1460; the back, i.e. (by extens.) the person:--body.
hill, little hill
- H1389. gib'ah, ghib-aw'; fem. from the same as
H1387; a hillock:--hill, little hill.
cease, come to an end, fail, perfect, perform
- H1584. gamar, gaw-mar'; a prim. root; to end (in the sense of completion or failure):--cease, come to an end, fail, perfect, perform.
- H1586. Gomer, go'-mer; from
H1584; completion; Gomer, the name of a son of Japheth and of his desc.; also of a Hebrewess:--Gomer.
- H1613. gopher, go'-fer; from an unused root, prob. mean. to house in; a kind of tree or wood (as used for building), appar. the cypress:--gopher.
- H1614. gophriyth, gof-reeth'; prob. fem. of
H1613; prop. cypress-resin; by anal. sulphur (as equally inflammable):--brimstone.
(barn, corn, threshing-) floor, (threshing-, void) place
- H1637. goren, go'-ren; from an unused root mean. to smooth; a threshing-floor (as made even); by anal. any open area:--(barn, corn, threshing-) floor, (threshing-, void) place.
(wine-) press (fat)
- H1660. gath, gath; prob. from
H5059 (in the sense of treading out grapes); a wine-press (or vat for holding the grapes in pressing them):--(wine-) press (fat).
- H1463. Gowg, gohg; of uncert. der.; Gog, the name of an Isr., also of some northern nation:--Gog.
- H1486. gowral, go-rawl'; or (short.) goral, go-ral'; from an unused root mean. to be rough (as stone); prop. a pebble, i.e. a lot (small stones being used for that purpose); fig. a portion or destiny (as if determined by lot):--lot.
Gentile, heathen, nation, people
- H1471. gowy, go'ee; rarely (short.) goy, go'-ee; appar. from the same root as
H1465 (in the sense of massing); a foreign nation; hence a Gentile; also (fig.) a troop of animals, or a flight of locusts:--Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
head, every man, poll, skull
- H1538. gulgoleth, gul-go'-leth; by redupl. from
H1556; a skull (as round); by impl. a head (in enumeration of persons):--head, every man, poll, skull.
- H1464. guwd, goode; a prim. root [akin to
H1413]; to crowd upon, i.e. attack:--invade, overcome.
- H1479. guwph, goof; a prim. root; prop. to hollow or arch, i.e. (fig.) close; to shut:--shut.
- (Neh 7:3)
- H1908. Hadad, had-ad'; prob. of for. or. [comp.
H111]; Hadad, the name of an idol, and of several kings of Edom:--Hadad.
- H1910. Hadadrimmown, had-ad-rim-mone'; from
H7417; Hadad-Rimmon, a place in Pal.:--Hadad-rimmon.
- H1915. hadak, haw-dak'; a prim. root [comp.
H1854]; to crush with the foot:--tread down.
countenance, crooked place, glorious, honour, put forth
- H1921. hadar, haw-dar'; a prim. root; to swell up (lit. or fig., act. or pass.); by impl. to favor or honour, be high or proud:--countenance, crooked place, glorious, honour, put forth.
beauty, glory, majesty...
- H1926. hadar, haw-dawr'; from
H1921; magnificience, i.e. ornament or splendor:--beauty, comeliness, excellency, glorious, glory, goodly, honour, majesty.
- H1927. hadarah, had-aw-raw'; fem. of
H1926; decoration:--beauty, honour.
(all) along, apace, behave (self), come, (on) continually...
- H1980. halak, haw-lak'; akin to
H3212; a prim. root; to walk (in a great variety of applications, lit. and fig.):--(all) along, apace, behave (self), come, (on) continually, be conversant, depart, + be eased, enter, exercise (self), + follow, forth, forward, get, go (about, abroad, along, away, forward, on, out, up and down), + greater, grow, be wont to haunt, lead, march, X more and more, move (self), needs, on, pass (away), be at the point, quite, run (along), + send, speedily, spread, still, surely, + tale-bearer, + travel (-ler), walk (abroad, on, to and fro, up and down, to places), wander, wax, [way-] faring man, X be weak, whirl.
praise, rage, renowned, shine...
- H1984. halal, haw-lal'; a prim. root; to be clear (orig. of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence to make a show, to boast; and thus to be (clamorously) foolish; to rave; causat. to celebrate; also to stultify:--(make) boast (self), celebrate, commend, (deal, make), fool (-ish, -ly), glory, give [light], be (make, feign self) mad (against), give in marriage, [sing, be worthy of] praise, rage, renowned, shine.
- H2003. hamac, haw-mawce'; from an unused root appar. mean. to crackle; a dry twig or brushwood:--melting.
clamorous, concourse, cry aloud, be disquieted, loud...
- H1993. hamah, haw-maw'; a prim. root [comp.
H1949]; to make a loud sound (like Engl. "hum"); by impl. to be in great commotion or tumult, to rage, war, moan, clamor:--clamorous, concourse, cry aloud, be disquieted, loud, mourn, be moved, make a noise, rage, roar, sound, be troubled, make in tumult, tumultuous, be in an uproar.
break, consume, crush, destroy, discomfit, trouble, vex
- H2000. hamam, haw-mam'; a prim. root [comp.
H1993]; prop. to put in commotion; by impl. to disturb, drive, destroy:--break, consume, crush, destroy, discomfit, trouble, vex.
hill (country), mount (-ain), X promotion
- H2022. har, har; a short. form of
H2042; a mountain or range of hills (sometimes used fig.):--hill (country), mount (-ain), X promotion.
- H2040. harac, haw-ras'; a prim. root; to pull down or in pieces, break, destroy:--beat down, break (down, through), destroy, overthrow, pluck down, pull down, ruin, throw down, X utterly.
hill, mount (-ain)
- H2042. harar, haw-rawr'; from an unused root mean. to loom up; a mountain:--hill, mount (-ain).
- H2026. harag, haw-rag'; a prim. root; to smite with deadly intent:--destroy, out of hand, kill, murder (-er), put to [death], make [slaughter], slay (-er), X surely.
been, be with child, conceive, progenitor
- H2029. harah, haw-raw'; a prim. root; to be (or become) pregnant, conceive (lit. or fig.):--been, be with child, conceive, progenitor.
- H2038. harmown, har-mone'; from the same as
H2036; a castle (from its height):--palace.
be, X have
- H1933. hava', haw-vaw'; or havah, haw-vaw'; a prim. root [comp.
H1961] supposed to mean prop. to breathe; to be (in the sense of existence):--be, X have.
beacon, X altogether, be (-come, accomplished, committed, like)...
- H1961. hayah, haw-yaw'; a prim. root [comp.
H1933]; to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):--beacon, X altogether, be (-come, accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), continue, do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-) self, require, X use.
it, like, X (how, so) many (soever, more as) they (be)...
- H1992. hem, haym; or (prol.) hemmah. haym'-maw; masc. plur. from
H1931; they (only used when emphatic):--it, like, X (how, so) many (soever, more as) they (be), (the) same, X so, X such, their, them, these, they, those, which, who, whom, withal, ye.
behold, if, lo, though
- H2005. hen, hane; a prim. particle; lo!; also (as expressing surprise) if:--behold, if, lo, though.
- H1966. heylel, hay-lale'; from
H1984 (in the sense of brightness); the morning-star:--lucifer.
behold, lo, see
- H2009. hinneh, hin-nay'; prol. for
H2005; lo!:--behold, lo, see.
- H2036. Horam, ho-rawm'; from an unused root (mean. to tower up); high; Horam, a Canaanitish king:--Horam.
beauty, comeliness, excellency, glorious, glory, goodly, honour, majesty
- H1935. howd, hode; from an unused root; grandeur (i.e. an imposing form and appearance):--beauty, comeliness, excellency, glorious, glory, goodly, honour, majesty.
Hosea, Hoshea, Oshea
- H1954. Howshea', ho-shay'-ah; from
H3467; deliverer; Hoshea, the name of five Isr.:--Hosea, Hoshea, Oshea.
he, as for her, him (-self), it, the same...
- H1931. huw', hoo; of which the fem. (beyond the Pentateuch) is hiy', he; a prim. word, the third pers. pron. sing., he (she or it); only expressed when emphatic or without a verb; also (intens.) self, or (esp. with the art.) the same; sometimes (as demonstr.) this or that; occasionally (instead of copula) as or are:--he, as for her, him (-self), it, the same, she (herself), such, that (. . . it), these, they, this, those, which (is), who.
destroy, move, make a noise, put, ring again
- H1949. huwm, hoom; a prim. root [comp.
H2000]; to make an uproar, or agitate greatly:--destroy, move, make a noise, put, ring again.
- H336. 'iy, ee; prob. ident. with
H335 (through the idea of a query); not:--island (Job 22:30).
- H5732. 'iddan, (Chald.), id-dawn'; from a root corresp. to that of
H5708; a set time; techn. a year:--time.
- H348. 'Iyzebel, ee-zeh'-bel; from
H2083; chaste; Izebel, the wife of king Ahab:--Jezebel.
(and, can-, doubtless, if, that) (not), + but, either, + except, no...
- H518. 'im, eem; a prim. particle; used very widely as demonstr., lo!; interrog., whether?; or conditional, if, although; also Oh that!, when; hence as a neg., not:--(and, can-, doubtless, if, that) (not), + but, either, + except, + more (-over if, than), neither, nevertheless, nor, oh that, or, + save (only, -ing), seeing, since, sith, + surely (no more, none, not), though, + of a truth, + unless, + verily, when, whereas, whether, while, + yet.
accompanying, against, and, as (X long as), before, beside, by (reason of), with...
- H5973. 'im, eem; from
H6004; adv. or prep. with (i.e. in conjunction with), in varied applications; spec. equally with; often with prep. pref. (and then usually unrepresented in English):--accompanying, against, and, as (X long as), before, beside, by (reason of), for all, from (among, between), in, like, more than, of, (un-) to, with (-al).
- H6005. 'Immanuw'el, im-maw-noo-ale'; from
H410 with suff. pron. ins.; with us (is) God; Immanuel, a typ. name of Isaiah's son:--Immanuel.
commandment, speech, word
- H565. 'imrah, im-raw'; or 'emrah, em-raw'; fem. of
H561, and mean. the same:--commandment, speech, word.
[adulter]ess, each, every, female...
- H802. 'ishshah, ish-shaw'; fem. of
H582; irregular plur. nashiym, naw-sheem'; a woman (used in the same wide sense as
H582):--[adulter]ess, each, every, female, X many, + none, one, + together, wife, woman. Often unexpressed in English.
another, man, none, one...
- H376. 'iysh, eesh; contr. for
H582 [or perh. rather from an unused root mean. to be extant]; a man as an individual or a male person; often used as an adjunct to a more definite term (and in such cases frequently not expressed in translation):--also, another, any (man), a certain, + champion, consent, each, every (one), fellow, [foot-, husband-] man, (good-, great, mighty) man, he, high (degree), him (that is), husband, man [-kind], + none, one, people, person, + steward, what (man) soever, whoso (-ever), worthy. Comp.
- 'iysh:H376 - 'asher:H834 (Exo 30:38, etc., whosoever; Prov 25:14, whoso)
- 'iysh:H376 - 'asher:H834 - 'al:H5921 (Gen 43:19, steward)
provoked (to anger, unto wrath)...
- H3707. ka'ac, kaw-as'; a prim. root; to trouble; by impl. to grieve, rage, be indignant:--be angry, be grieved, take indignation, provoke (to anger, unto wrath), have sorrow, vex, be wroth.
- H3513. kabad, kaw-bad'; or kabed, kaw-bade'; a prim. root; to be heavy, i.e. in a bad sense (burdensome, severe, dull) or in a good sense (numerous, rich, honorable); causat. to make weighty (in the same two senses):--abounding with, more grievously afflict, boast, be chargeable, X be dim, glorify, be (make) glorious (things), glory, (very) great, be grievous, harden, be (make) heavy, be heavier, lay heavily, (bring to, come to, do, get, be had in) honour (self), (be) honourable (man), lade, X more be laid, make self many, nobles, prevail, promote (to honour), be rich, be (go) sore, stop.
glorious (-ly), glory, honour (-able)
- H3519. kabowd, kaw-bode'; rarely kabod, kaw-bode'; from
H3513; prop. weight; but only fig. in a good sense, splendor or copiousness:--glorious (-ly), glory, honour (-able).
- H3680. kacah, kaw-saw'; a prim. root; prop. to plump, i.e. fill up hollows; by impl. to cover (for clothing or secrecy):--clad self, close, clothe, conceal, cover (self), (flee to) hide, overwhelm. Comp.
- (Deu 32:15, etc., covered)
- H3615. kalah, kaw-law'; a prim. root; to end, whether intrans. (to cease, be finished, perish) or trans. (to complete, prepare, consume):--accomplish, cease, consume (away), determine, destroy (utterly), be (when . . . were) done, (be an) end (of), expire, (cause to) fail, faint, finish, fulfil, X fully, X have, leave (off), long, bring to pass, wholly reap, make clean riddance, spend, quite take away, waste.
- H3617. kalah, kaw-law'; from
H3615; a completion; adv. completely; also destruction:--altogether, (be, utterly) consume (-d), consummation (-ption), was determined, (full, utter) end, riddance.
to complete: (make) perfect
- H3634. kalal, kaw-lal'; a prim. root; to complete:--(make) perfect.
- H3670. kanaph, kaw-naf'; a prim. root; prop. to project laterally, i.e. prob. (reflex.) to withdraw:--be removed.
- H3671. kanaph, kaw-nawf'; from
H3670; an edge or extremity; spec. (of a bird or army) a wing, (of a garment or bed-clothing) a flap, (of the earth) a quarter, (of a building) a pinnacle:-- + bird, border, corner, end, feather [-ed], X flying, + (one an-) other, overspreading, X quarters, skirt, X sort, uttermost part, wing ([-ed]).
atonement, reconcile, reconciliation...
- H3722. kaphar, kaw-far'; a prim. root; to cover (spec. with bitumen); fig. to expiate or condone, to placate or cancel:--appease, make (an) atonement, cleanse, disannul, forgive, be merciful, pacify, pardon, to pitch, purge (away), put off, (make) reconcile (-liation).
be chewed, be con- [feder-] ate, covenant, cut (down, off), destroy, made...
- H3772. karath, kaw-rath'; a prim. root; to cut (off, down or asunder); by impl. to destroy or consume; spec. to covenant (i.e. make an alliance or bargain, orig. by cutting flesh and passing between the pieces):--be chewed, be con- [feder-] ate, covenant, cut (down, off), destroy, fail, feller, be freed, hew (down), make a league ([covenant]), X lose, perish, X utterly, X want.
- H3780. kasah, kaw-saw'; a prim. root; to grow fat (i.e. be covered with flesh):--be covered. Comp.
- H3782. kashal, kaw-shal'; a prim. root; to totter or waver (through weakness of the legs, espec. the ankle); by impl. to falter, stumble, faint or fall:--bereave [from the marg.], cast down, be decayed, (cause to) fail, (cause, make to) fall (down, -ing), feeble, be (the) ruin (-ed, of), (be) overthrown, (cause to) stumble, X utterly, be weak.
describe, record, prescribe, subscribe, write (-ing, -ten)
- H3789. kathab, kaw-thab'; a prim. root; to grave; by impl. to write (describe, inscribe, prescribe, subscribe):--describe, record, prescribe, subscribe, write (-ing, -ten).
register, scripture, writing
- H3791. kathab, kaw-thawb'; from
H3789; something written, i.e. a writing, record or book:--register, scripture, writing.
finish, make (set) up
- H3635. kelal, (Chald.), kel-al'; corresp. to
H3634; to complete:--finish, make (set) up.
+ after that (this, -ward, -wards), as...
- H3651. ken, kane; from
H3559; prop. set upright; hence (fig. as adj.) just; but usually (as adv. or conj.) rightly or so (in various applications to manner, time and relation; often with other particles):-- + after that (this, -ward, -wards), as . . . as, + [for-] asmuch as yet, + be (for which) cause, + following, howbeit, in (the) like (manner, -wise), X the more, right, (even) so, state, straightway, such (thing), surely, + there (where) -fore, this, thus, true, well, X you.
- H3710. keph, kafe; from
H3721; a hollow rock:--rock.
bow down (self)
- H3721. kaphaph, kaw-faf'; a prim. root; to curve:--bow down (self).
cherub, [plur.] cherubims
- H3742. keruwb, ker-oob'; of uncert. der.; a cherub or imaginary figure:--cherub, [plur.] cherubims.
- H3743. Keruwb, ker-oob'; the same as
H3742; Kerub, a place in Bab.:--Cherub.
coat, garment, robe
- H3801. kethoneth, keth-o'-neth; or kuttoneth, koot-to'-neth; from an unused root mean. to cover [comp.
H3802]: a shirt:--coat, garment, robe.
arm, corner, shoulder (-piece), side, undersetter
- H3802. katheph, kaw-thafe'; from an unused root mean. to clothe; the shoulder (proper, i.e. upper end of the arm; as being the spot where the garments hang); fig. side-piece or lateral projection of anything:--arm, corner, shoulder (-piece), side, undersetter.
- H3725. kippur, kip-poor'; from
H3722; expiation (only in plur.):--atonement.
and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch, where-) as, assured [-ly], + but, certainly...
- H3588. kiy, kee; a prim. particle [the full form of the prepositional prefix] indicating causal relations of all kinds, antecedent or consequent; (by impl.) very widely used as a rel. conj. or adv. [as below]; often largely modified by other particles annexed:--and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch, where-) as, assured [-ly], + but, certainly, doubtless, + else, even, + except, for, how, (because, in, so, than) that, + nevertheless, now, rightly, seeing, since, surely, then, therefore, + (al-) though, + till, truly, + until, when, whether, while, who, yea, yet,
- kiy:H3588 (because) 'al:H5921 (Psa 69:7, sake)
- kiy:H3588 - 'al:H5921 (2 Sam 18:20; Jer 48:42, because)
- kiy:H3588 - 'al:H5921 - dabar:H1697 (Jer 6:19, because)
- kiy:H3588 - 'al:H5921 - ken:H3651 (Num 10:31, forasmuch; Num 14:43, because)
- H3581. koach, ko'-akh; or (Dan. 11:6) kowach, ko'-akh; from an unused root mean. to be firm; vigor, lit. (force, in a good or a bad sense) or fig. (capacity, means, produce); also (from its hardiness) a large lizard:--ability, able, chameleon, force, fruits, might, power (-ful), strength, substance, wealth.
- H3547. kahan, kaw-han'; a prim. root, appar. mean. to mediate in religious services; but used only as denom. from
H3548; to officiate as a priest; fig. to put on regalia:--deck, be (do the office of a, execute the, minister in the) priest ('s office).
chief ruler, X own, priest, prince, principal officer
- H3548. kohen, ko-hane'; act. part. of
H3547; lit. one officiating, a priest; also (by courtesy) an acting priest (although a layman):--chief ruler, X own, priest, prince, principal officer.
- H3605. kol, kole; or (Jer. 33:8)` kowl, kole; from
H3634; prop. the whole; hence all, any or every (in the sing. only, but often in a plur. sense):--(in) all (manner, [ye]), altogether, any (manner), enough, every (one, place, thing), howsoever, as many as, [no-] thing, ought, whatsoever, (the) whole, whoso (-ever).
- kol:H3605 - 'asher:H834 (Gen 2:19, etc., whatsoever; Gen 11:6, which; Lev 15:11, etc., whomsoever; Lev 18:29, etc., whosoever; Josh 1:7, etc., whithersoever; 1 Chr 17:6, wheresoever; Zep 3:7, howsoever)
- kol:H3605 - 'asher:H834 - sham:H8033 (1 Ki 2:3, whithersoever)
- kol:H3605 - diy:H1768 (Dan 2:38, wheresoever)
abide, sustain, provide sustenance...
- H3557. kuwl, kool; a prim. root; prop. to keep in; hence to measure; fig. to maintain (in various senses):--(be able to, can) abide, bear, comprehend, contain, feed, forbearing, guide, hold (-ing in), nourish (-er), be present, make provision, receive, sustain, provide sustenance (victuals).
- H3559. kuwn, koon; a prim. root; prop. to be erect (i.e. stand perpendicular); hence (causat.) to set up, in a great variety of applications, whether lit. (establish, fix, prepare, apply), or fig. (appoint, render sure, proper or prosperous):--certain (-ty), confirm, direct, faithfulness, fashion, fasten, firm, be fitted, be fixed, frame, be meet, ordain, order, perfect, (make) preparation, prepare (self), provide, make provision, (be, make) ready, right, set (aright, fast, forth), be stable, (e-) stablish, stand, tarry, X very deed.
Chush, Cush, Ethiopia
- H3568. Kuwsh, koosh; prob. of for. or.; Cush (or Ethiopia), the name of a son of Ham, and of his territory; also of an Isr.:--Chush, Cush, Ethiopia.
Cushi, Cushite, Ethiopian (-s)
- H3569. Kuwshiy, koo-shee'; patron. from
H3568; a Cushite, or desc. of Cush:--Cushi, Cushite, Ethiopian (-s).
make brick, be (made, make) white (-r)
- H3835. laban, law-ban'; a prim. root; to be (or become) white; also (as denom. from
H3843) to make bricks:--make brick, be (made, make) white (-r).
- H3847. labash, law-bash'; or labesh, law-bashe'; a prim. root; prop. wrap around, i.e. (by impl.) to put on a garment or clothe (oneself, or another), lit. or fig.:--(in) apparel, arm, array (self), clothe (self), come upon, put (on, upon), wear.
(altar of) brick, tile
- H3843. lebenah, leb-ay-naw'; from
H3835; a brick (from the whiteness of the clay):--(altar of) brick, tile.
blade, bright, flame, glittering
- H3851. lahab, lah'-hab; from an unused root mean. to gleam; a flash; fig. a sharply polished blade or point of a weapon:--blade, bright, flame, glittering.
flame (-ming), head [of a spear]
- H3852. lehabah, leh-aw-baw'; or lahebeth, lah-eh'-beth; fem. of
H3851, and mean. the same:--flame (-ming), head [of a spear].
burneth, burn (up), set on fire, flaming, kindle
- H3857. lahat, law-hat'; a prim. root; prop. to lick, i.e. (by impl.) to blaze:--burn (up), set on fire, flaming, kindle.
- H3858. lahat, lah'-hat; from
H3857; a blaze; also (from the idea of enwrapping) magic (as covert):--flaming, enchantment.
accept, bring, buy, carry away, took...
- H3947. laqach, law-kakh'; a prim. root; to take (in the widest variety of applications):--accept, bring, buy, carry away, drawn, fetch, get, infold, X many, mingle, place, receive (-ing), reserve, seize, send for, take (away, -ing, up), use, win.
- H3953. laqash, law-kash'; a prim. root; to gather the after crop:--gather.
- (Job 24:6)
- H3954. leqesh, leh'-kesh; from
H3953; the after crop:--latter growth.
- (Amos 7:1)
+ babbler, bay, + evil speaker, language, talker, tongue, wedge
- H3956. lashown, law-shone'; or lashon, law-shone'; also (in plur.) fem. leshonah lesh-o-naw'; from
H3960; the tongue (of man or animals), used lit. (as the instrument of licking, eating, or speech), and fig. (speech, an ingot, a fork of flame, a cove of water):-- + babbler, bay, + evil speaker, language, talker, tongue, wedge.
- H3960. lashan, law-shan'; a prim. root; prop. to lick; but used only as a denom. from
H3956; to wag the tongue, i.e. to calumniate:--accuse, slander.
- H3813. la'at, law-at'; a prim. root; to muffle:--cover.
- H3814. la't, lawt; from
H3813 (or perh. for act. part. of
H3874); prop. muffled, i.e. silently:--softly.
abide with, borrow (-er), cleave, join (self), lend (-er)
- H3867. lavah, law-vaw'; a prim. root; prop. to twine, i.e. (by impl.) to unite, to remain; also to borrow (as a form of obligatin) or (caus.) to lend:--abide with, borrow (-er), cleave, join (self), lend (-er).
enchantment, privily, secretly, softly
- H3909. lat, lawt; a form of
H3814 or else part. from
H3874; prop. covered, i.e. secret; by impl. incantation; also secrecy or (adv.) covertly:--enchantment, privily, secretly, softly.
devour, eat, X ever, fight (-ing), overcome...
- H3898. lacham, law-kham'; a prim. root; to feed on; fig. to consume; by impl. to battle (as destruction):--devour, eat, X ever, fight (-ing), overcome, prevail, (make) war (-ring).
([shew-]) bread, X eat, food, fruit, loaf, meat, victuals
- H3899. lechem, lekh'-em; from
H3898; food (for man or beast), espec. bread, or grain (for making it):--([shew-]) bread, X eat, food, fruit, loaf, meat, victuals. See also
- H3882. livyathan, liv-yaw-thawn'; from
H3867; a wreathed animal, i.e. a serpent (espec. the crocodile or some other large sea-monster); fig. the constellation of the dragon; also as a symbol of Bab:--leviathan, mourning.
- H3808. lo', lo; or low', lo; or loh (Deu. 3:11), lo; a prim. particle; not (the simple or abs. negation); by impl. no; often used with other particles (as follows):-- X before, + or else, ere, + except, ig [-norant], much, less, nay, neither, never, no ([-ne], -r, [-thing]), (X as though . . . , [can-], for) not (out of), of nought, otherwise, out of, + surely, + as truly as, + of a truth, + verily, for want, + whether, without.
- lo':H3808 - 'ad:H5704 - 'owlam:H5769 (2 Sam 12:10, never)
- lo':H3808 - kol:H3605 (Gen 11:6, etc., nothing)
be in heaviness, (be) sorrow...
- H3076. lupeo, loo-peh'-o; from
G3077; to distress; reflex. or pass. to be sad:--cause grief, grieve, be in heaviness, (be) sorrow (-ful), be (make) sorry.
grief, grievous, + grudgingly, heaviness, sorrow
- H3077. lupe, loo'-pay; appar. a prim. word; sadness:--grief, grievous, + grudgingly, heaviness, sorrow.
- H3874. luwt, loot; a prim. root; to wrap up:--cast, wrap.
abhor, refuse, reject...
- H3988. ma'ac, maw-as'; a prim. root; to spurn; also (intrans.) to disappear:--abhor, cast away (off), contemn, despise, disdain, (become) loathe (-some), melt away, refuse, reject, reprobate, X utterly, vile person.
above, forward, on high, upward...
- H4605. ma'al, mah'-al; from
H5927; prop. the upper part, used only adv. with pref. upward, above, overhead, from the top, etc.:--above, exceeding (-ly), forward, on (X very) high, over, up (-on, -ward), very.
- H4639. ma'aseh, mah-as-eh'; from
H6213; an action (good or bad); gen. a transaction; abstr. activity; by impl. a product (spec. a poem) or (gen.) property:--act, art, + bakemeat, business, deed, do (-ing), labour, thing made, ware of making, occupation, thing offered, operation, possession, X well, ([handy-, needle-, net-]) work, (-ing, -manship), wrought.
hope, (place of) refuge, shelter, trust
- H4268. machaceh, makh-as-eh'; or machceh, makh-seh'; from
H2620; a shelter (lit. or fig.):--hope, (place of) refuge, shelter, trust.
abolish, blot out, destroy, full of marrow...
- H4229. machah, maw-khaw'; a prim. root; prop. to stroke or rub; by impl. to erase; also to smooth (as if with oil), i.e. grease or make fat; also to touch, i.e. reach to:--abolish, blot out, destroy, full of marrow, put out, reach unto, X utterly, wipe (away, out).
time to come, tomorrow
- H4279. machar, maw-khar'; prob. from
H309; prop. deferred, i.e. the morrow; usually (adv.) tomorrow; indef. hereafter:--time to come, tomorrow.
- H4236. machazeh, makh-az-eh'; from
H2372; a vision:--vision.
(X be) plague (-d), slaughter, stroke
- H4046. maggephah, mag-gay-faw'; from
H5062; a pestilence; by anal. defeat:--(X be) plague (-d), slaughter, stroke.
- H4031. Magowg, maw-gogue'; from
H1463; Magog, a son of Japheth; also a barbarous northern region:--Magog.
ambassador, angel, king, messenger
- H4397. mal'ak, mal-awk'; from an unused root mean. to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; spec. of God, i.e. an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher):--ambassador, angel, king, messenger.
- H4390. male', maw-lay'; or mala' (Est. 7:5), maw-law'; a prim. root, to fill or (intrans.) be full of, in a wide application (lit. and fig.):--accomplish, confirm, + consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, X draw, give in, go) fully (-ly, -ly set, tale), [over-] flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a [hand-] full, + have wholly.
- H4392. male', maw-lay'; from
H4390; full (lit. or fig.) or filling (lit.); also (concr.) fulness; adv. fully:-- X she that was with child, fill (-ed, -ed with), full (-ly), multitude, as is worth.
how (long, oft, [-soever])...
- H4100. mah, maw; or mah, mah; or ma, maw; or ma, mah; also meh, meh; a prim. particle; prop. interrog. what? (includ. how? why? when?); but also exclam. what! (includ. how!), or indef. what (includ. whatever, and even rel. that which); often used with prefixes in various adv. or conj. senses:--how (long, oft, [-soever]), [no-] thing, what (end, good, purpose, thing), whereby (-fore, -in, -to, -with), (for) why.
hastily, quickly, speedily, suddenly, swift...
- H4116. mahar, maw-har'; a prim. root; prop. to be liquid or flow easily, i.e. (by impl.); to hurry (in a good or a bad sense); often used (with another verb) adv. promptly:--be carried headlong, fearful, (cause to make, in, make) haste (-n, -ily, (be) hasty, (fetch, make ready) X quickly, rash, X shortly, (be so) X soon, make speed, X speedily, X straightway, X suddenly, swift.
hasteth, hastily, at once, quickly, soon, speedily, suddenly
- H4118. maher, mah-hare'; from
H4116; prop. hurrying; hence (adv.) in a hurry:--hasteth, hastily, at once, quickly, soon, speedily, suddenly.
- H4456. malqowsh, mal-koshe'; from
H3953; the spring rain (comp.
H3954); fig. eloquence:--latter rain.
kingdom, king's, reign, royal
- H4467. mamlakah, mam-law-kaw'; from
H4427; dominion, i.e.(abstr.) the estate (rule) or (concr.) the country (realm):--kingdom, king's, reign, royal.
- H4478. man, mawn; from
H4100; lit. a whatness (so to speak), i.e. manna (so called from the question about it):--manna.
consume away, be corrupt, dissolve, pine away
- H4743. maqaq, maw-kak'; a prim. root; to melt; fig. to flow, dwindle, vanish:--consume away, be corrupt, dissolve, pine away.
+ angry, bitter (-ly, -ness), chafed, discontented, X great, heavy
- H4751. mar, mar; or (fem.) marah, maw-raw'; from
H4843; bitter (lit. or fig.); also (as noun) bitterness, or (adv.) bitterly:-- + angry, bitter (-ly, -ness), chafed, discontented, X great, heavy.
- H4752. mar, mar; from
H4843 in its orig. sense of distillation; a drop:--drop.
- (Isa 40:15, drop)
- H4784. marah, maw-raw'; a prim. root; to be (caus. make) bitter (or unpleasant); (fig.) to rebel (or resist; causat. to provoke):--bitter, change, be disobedient, disobey, grievously, provocation, provoke (-ing), (be) rebel (against, -lious).
apparently, appearance, beauty, countenance, vision...
- H4758. mar'eh, mar-eh'; from
H7200; a view (the act of seeing); also an appearance (the thing seen), whether (real) a shape (espec. if handsome, comeliness; often plur. the looks), or (mental) a vision:-- X apparently, appearance (-reth), X as soon as beautiful (-ly), countenance, fair, favoured, form, goodly, to look (up) on (to), look [-eth], pattern, to see, seem, sight, visage, vision.
looking glass, vision
- H4759. mar'ah, mar-aw'; fem. of
H4758; a vision; also (causat.) a mirror:--looking glass, vision.
(be, be in, deal, have, make) bitter (-ly, -ness)...
- H4843. marar, maw-rar' ; a prim. root; prop. to trickle [see
H4752]; but used only as a denom. from
H4751; to be (causat. make) bitter (lit. or fig.):--(be, be in, deal, have, make) bitter (-ly, -ness), be moved with choler, (be, have sorely, it) grieved (-eth), provoke, vex.
- H4761. mar'ashah, mar-aw-shaw'; denom. from
H7218; prop. headship, i.e. (plur. for collect.) dominion:--principality.
bolster, head, pillow
- H4763. mera'ashah, mer-ah-ash-aw'; formed like
H4761; prop. a headpiece, i.e. (plur. for adv.) at (or as) the head-rest (or pillow):--bolster, head, pillow. Comp.
- H4772. margelah, mar-ghel-aw'; denom. from
H7272; (plur. for collect.) a footpiece, i.e. (adv.) at the foot, or (direct.) the foot itself:--feet. Comp.
- H4886. mashach, maw-shakh'; a prim. root; to rub with oil, i.e. to anoint; by impl. to consecrate; also to paint:--anoint, paint.
- H4899. mashiyach, maw-shee'-akh; from
H4886; anointed; usually a consecrated person (as a king, priest, or saint); spec. the Messiah:--anointed, Messiah.
- H4910. mashal, maw-shal'; a prim. root; to rule:--(have, make to have) dominion, governor, X indeed, reign, (bear, cause to, have) rule (-ing, -r), have power.
- H4911. mashal, maw-shal'; denom. from
H4912; to liken, i.e. (trans.) to use figurative language (an allegory, adage, song or the like); intrans. to resemble:--be (-come) like, compare, use (as a) proverb, speak (in proverbs), utter.
byword, like, parable, proverb
- H4912. mashal, maw-shawl'; appar. from
H4910 in some orig. sense of superiority in mental action; prop. a pithy maxim, usually of a metaphorical nature; hence a simile (as an adage, poem, discourse):--byword, like, parable, proverb.
corruption, (to) destroy (-ing), destruction, trap, X utterly
- H4889. mashchiyth, mash-kheeth'; from
H7843; destructive, i.e. (as noun) destruction, lit. (spec. a snare) or fig. (corruption):--corruption, (to) destroy (-ing), destruction, trap, X utterly.
- H4711. matsats, maw-tsats'; a prim. root; to suck:--milk.
- (Isa 66:11)
unleavened (bread, cake), without leaven
- H4682. matstsah, mats-tsaw'; from
H4711 in the sense of greedily devouring for sweetness; prop. sweetness; concr. sweet (i.e. not soured or bittered with yeast); spec. an unfermented cake or loaf, or (ellipt.) the festival of Passover (because no leaven was then used):--unleavened (bread, cake), without leaven.
garrison, (standing) image, pillar
- H4676. matstsebah, mats-tsay-baw'; fem. (causat.) part. of
H5324; something stationed, i.e. a column or (memorial stone); by anal. an idol:--garrison, (standing) image, pillar.
- H4002. mabbuwa', mab-boo'-ah; from
H5042; a fountain:--fountain, spring.
fountain, spring, well
- H4599. ma'yan, mah-yawn'; or ma'yenow (Psa. 114:8), mah-yen-o'; or (fem.) ma'yanah, mah-yaw-naw'; from
H5869 (as a denom. in the sense of a spring); a fountain (also collect.), fig. a source (of satisfaction):--fountain, spring, well.
fountain, issue, spring, well (-spring)
- H4726. maqowr, maw-kore'; or maqor, maw-kore'; from
H6979; prop. something dug, i.e. a (gen.) source (of water, even when naturally flowing; also of tears, blood [by euphem. of the female pudenda]; fig. of happiness, wisdom, progeny):--fountain, issue, spring, well (-spring).
+ piss, wasting, water (-ing, [-course, -flood, -spring])
- H4325. mayim, mah'-yim; dual of a prim. noun (but used in a sing. sense); water; fig. juice; by euphem. urine, semen:-- + piss, wasting, water (-ing, [-course, -flood, -spring]).
- H4222. macha', maw-khaw'; a prim. root; to rub or strike the hands together (in exultation):--clap.
hang, smite, smote, stay
- H4223. mecha', (Chald.), mekh-aw'; corresp. to
H4222; to strike in pieces; also to arrest; spec. to impale:--hang, smite, stay.
- H4023. Megiddown,
(Zec 12:11), meg-id-done'; or Megiddow, meg-id-do'; from
H1413; rendezvous; Megiddon or Megiddo, a place in Pal.:--Megiddo, Megiddon.
deliver, escape, preserve...
- H4422. malat, maw-lat'; a prim. root; prop. to be smooth, i.e. (by impl.) to escape (as if by slipperiness); causat. to release or rescue; spec. to bring forth young, emit sparks:--deliver (self), escape, lay, leap out, let alone, let go, preserve, save, X speedily, X surely.
- H4427. malak, maw-lak'; a prim. root; to reign; incept. to ascend the throne; causat. to induct into royalty; hence (by impl.) to take counsel:--consult, X indeed, be (make, set a, set up) king, be (make) queen, (begin to, make to) reign (-ing), rule, X surely.
- H4428. melek, meh'-lek; from
H4427; a king:--king, royal.
- H4430. melek, (Chald.), meh'-lek; corresp. to
H4428; a king:--king, royal.
kingdom, kingly, realm, reign
- H4437. malkuw, (Chald.), mal-koo'; corresp. to
H4438; dominion (abstr. or concr.):--kingdom, kingly, realm, reign.
empire, kingdom, realm, reign, royal
- H4438. malkuwth, mal-kooth'; or malkuth, mal-kooth'; or (in plur.) malkuyah, mal-koo-yah'; from
H4427; a rule; concr. a dominion:--empire, kingdom, realm, reign, royal.
- H3966. me'od, meh-ode'; from the same as
H181; prop. vehemence, i.e. (with or without prep.) vehemently; by impl. wholly, speedily, etc. (often with other words as an intensive or superlative; espec. when repeated):--diligently, especially, exceeding (-ly), far, fast, good, great (-ly), X louder and louder, might (-ily, -y), (so) much, quickly, (so) sore, utterly, very (+ much, sore), well.
- H4500. manowr, maw-nore'; from
H5214; a yoke (prop. for ploughing), i.e. the frame of a loom:--beam.
- H4501. menowrah, men-o-raw'; or menorah, men-o-raw'; fem. of
H4500 (in the orig. sense of
H5216); a chandelier:--candlestick.
den, dwelling ([-]) place), habitation
- H4583. ma'own, maw-ohn'; or ` ma'iyn
(H1 Chron. 4:41), maw-een'; from the same as
H5772; an abode, of God (the Tabernacle or the Temple), men (their home) or animals (their lair); hence a retreat (asylum):--den, dwelling ([-]) place), habitation.
den, habitation, (dwelling) place, refuge
- H4585. me'ownah, meh-o-naw'; or me'onah, meh-o-naw'; fem. of
H4583, and mean. the same:--den, habitation, (dwelling) place, refuge.
bolster, head, pillow
- H4763. mera'ashah, mer-ah-ash-aw'; formed like
H4761; prop. a headpiece, i.e. (plur. for adv.) at (or as) the head-rest (or pillow):--bolster, head, pillow. Comp.
bitter, (most) rebel (-ion, -lious)
- H4805. meriy, mer-ee'; from
H4784; bitterness, i.e. (fig.) rebellion; concr. bitter, or rebellious:--bitter, (most) rebel (-ion, -lious).
chariot, covering, saddle
- H4817. merkab, mer-kawb'; from
H7392; a chariot; also a seat (in a vehicle):--chariot, covering, saddle.
- H4818. merkabah, mer-kaw-baw'; fem. of
H4817; a chariot:--chariot. See also
- H4871. mashah, maw-shaw'; a prim. root; to pull out (lit. or fig.):--draw (out).
draw (along, out), continue, defer...
- H4900. mashak, maw-shak'; a prim. root; to draw, used in a great variety of applications (includ. to sow, to sound, to prolong, to develop, to march, to remove, to delay, to be tall, etc.):--draw (along, out), continue, defer, extend, forbear, X give, handle, make (pro-, sound) long, X sow, scatter, stretch out.
- H4901. meshek, meh'-shek; from
H4900; a sowing; also a possession:--precious, price.
- H4902. Meshek, meh'-shek; the same in form as
H4901, but prob. of for. der.; Meshek, a son of Japheth, and the people desc. from him:--Mesech, Meshech.
- H4897. meshiy, meh'-shee; from
H4871; silk (as drawn from the cocoon):--silk.
- H4875. meshow'ah, mesh-o-aw'; or mesho'ah, mesh-o-aw'; from the same as
H7722; (a) ruin, abstr. (the act) or concr. (the wreck):--desolation, waste.
desert, south, speech, wilderness
- H4057. midbar, mid-bawr'; from
H1696 in the sense of driving; a pasture (i.e. open field, whither cattle are driven); by impl. a desert; also speech (including its organs):--desert, south, speech, wilderness.
perfection (of beauty):--perfection
- H4359. miklal, mik-lawl'; from
H3634; perfection (of beauty):--perfection.
- H4383. mikshowl, mik-shole'; or mikshol, mik-shole'; masc. from
H3782; a stumbling-block, lit. or fig. (obstacle, enticement [spec. an idol], scruple):--caused to fall, offence, X [no-] thing offered, ruin, stumbling-block.
above, after, among, at, because of, by (reason of)...
- H4480. min, min; or minniy, min-nee'; or minney (constr. plur.), minn-nay'; (Isa. 30:11); for
H4482; prop. a part of; hence (prep.), from or out of in many senses (as follows):--above, after, among, at, because of, by (reason of), from (among), in, X neither, X nor, (out) of, over, since, X then, through, X whether, with.
stringed instrument, whereby...
- H4482. men, mane; from an unused root mean. to apportion; a part; hence a musical chord (as parted into strings):--in [the same] (Psa. 68:23), stringed instrument (Psa. 150:4), whereby (Psa. 45:8 [defective plur.]).
chapel, hallowed part, holy place, sanctuary
- H4720. miqdash, mik-dawsh'; or miqqedash (Exod. 15:17), mik-ked-awsh'; from
H6942; a consecrated thing or place, espec. a palace, sanctuary (whether of Jehovah or of idols) or asylum:--chapel, hallowed part, holy place, sanctuary.
assembly, calling, convocation, reading
- H4744. miqra', mik-raw'; from
H7121; something called out, i.e. a public meeting (the act, the persons, or the place); also a rehearsal:--assembly, calling, convocation, reading.
- H4820. mirmah, meer-maw'; from
H7411 in the sense of deceiving; fraud:--craft, deceit (-ful, -fully), false, feigned, guile, subtilly, treachery.
dwelleth, dwelling (place), habitation, tabernacle, tent
- H4908. mishkan, mish-kawn'; from
H7931; a residence (includ. a shepherd's hut, the lair of animals, fig. the grave; also the Temple); spec. the Tabernacle (prop. its wooden walls):--dwelleth, dwelling (place), habitation, tabernacle, tent.
- H4941. mishpat, mish-pawt'; from
H8199; prop. a verdict (favorable or unfavorable) pronounced judicially, espec. a sentence or formal decree (human or [partic.] divine law, individual or collect.), includ. the act, the place, the suit, the crime, and the penalty; abstr. justice, includ. a partic. right, or privilege (statutory or customary), or even a style:-- + adversary, ceremony, charge, X crime, custom, desert, determination, discretion, disposing, due, fashion, form, to be judged, judgment, just (-ice, -ly), (manner of) law (-ful), manner, measure, (due) order, ordinance, right, sentence, usest, X worthy, + wrong.
- H4951. misrah, mis-raw'; from
- H4704. mitstse'iyrah, mits-tseh-ee-raw'; fem. of
H4705; prop. littleness: concr. diminutive:--little.
little one, (while), small
- H4705. mits'ar, mits-awr'; from
H6819, petty (in size or number); adv. a short (time):--little one, (while), small.
(which was) commanded (-ment), law, ordinance, precept
- H4687. mitsvah, mits-vaw'; from
H6680; a command, whether human or divine (collect. the Law):--(which was) commanded (-ment), law, ordinance, precept.
any (man), X he, X him, + O that! what, which...
- H4310. miy, me; an interrog. pron. of persons, as
H4100 is of things, who? (occasionally, by a peculiar idiom, of things); also (indef.) whoever; often used in oblique construction with pref. or suff.:--any (man), X he, X him, + O that! what, which, who (-m, -se, -soever), + would to God.
- H4317. Miyka'el, me-kaw-ale'; from
H4310 and (the pref. der. from)
H410; who (is) like God?; Mikael, the name of an archangel and of nine Isr.:--Michael.
- H4327. miyn, meen; from an unused root mean. to portion out; a sort, i.e. species:--kind. Comp.
morrow, next day
- H4283. mochorath, mokh-or-awth'; or mochoratham
(H1 Sam. 30:17), mokh-or-aw-thawm'; fem. from the same as
H4279; the morrow or (adv.) tomorrow:--morrow, next day.
- H4753. mor, more; or mowr, more; from
H4843; myrrh (as distilling in drops, and also as bitter):--myrrh.
- H4671. mots, motes; or mowts (Zeph. 2:2), motes; from
H4160; chaff (as pressed out, i.e. winnowed or [rather] threshed loose):--chaff.
feast, time (appointed)...
- H4150. mow'ed, mo-ade'; or mo'ed mo-ade'; or (fem.) mow'adah
(H2 Chron. 8:13), mo-aw-daw'; from
H3259; prop. an appointment, i.e. a fixed time or season; spec. a festival; conventionally a year; by implication, an assembly (as convened for a definite purpose); technically the congregation; by extension, the place of meeting; also a signal (as appointed beforehand):--appointed (sign, time), (place of, solemn) assembly, congregation, (set, solemn) feast, (appointed, due) season, solemn (-ity), synagogue, (set) time (appointed).
miracle, sign, wonder (-ed at)
- H4159. mowpheth, mo-faith'; or mopheth, mo-faith'; from
H3302 in the sense of conspicuousness; a miracle; by impl. a token or omen:--miracle, sign, wonder (-ed at).
- H4179. Mowriyah, mo-ree-yaw'; or Moriyah, mo-ree-yaw'; from
H3050; seen of Jah; Morijah, a hill in Pal.:--Moriah.
- H4143. muwcad, moo-sawd'; from
H3245; a foundation:--foundation.
bond, chastening ([-eth]), chastisement, check, correction, discipline...
- H4148. muwcar, moo-sawr'; from
H3256; prop. chastisement; fig. reproof. warning or instruction; also restraint:--bond, chastening ([-eth]), chastisement, check, correction, discipline, doctrine, instruction, rebuke.
- H4127. muwg, moog; a prim. root; to melt, i.e. lit. (to soften, flow down, disappear), or fig. (to fear, faint):--consume, dissolve, (be) faint (-hearted), melt (away), make soft.
- H4128. muwd, mood; a prim. root; to shake:--measure.
be carried, be (re-) moved...
- H4131. mowt, mote; a prim. root; to waver; by impl. to slip, shake, fall:--be carried, cast, be out of course, be fallen in decay, X exceedingly, fall (-ing down), be (re-) moved, be ready shake, slide, slip.
bar, be moved, staff, yoke
- H4132. mowt, mote; from
H4131; a wavering, i.e. fall; by impl. a pole (as shaking); hence a yoke (as essentially a bent pole):--bar, be moved, staff, yoke.
X at all, (ex-) change, remove
- H4171. muwr, moor; a prim. root; to alter; by impl. to barter, to dispose of:-- X at all, (ex-) change, remove.
- H4184. muwsh, moosh; a prim. root; to touch:--feel, handle.
cease, depart, go back, remove, take away
- H4185. muwsh, moosh; a prim. root [perh. rather the same as
H4184 through the idea of receding by contact]; to withdraw (both lit. and fig., whether intrans. or trans.):--cease, depart, go back, remove, take away.
- H4160. muwts, moots; a prim. root; to press, i.e. (fig.) to oppress:--extortioner.
- (Isa 16:4)
when it was cast, pipe
- H4166. muwtsaqah, moo-tsaw-kaw'; or mutsaqah, moo-tsaw-kaw'; from
H3332; prop. something poured out, i.e. a casting (of metal); by impl. a tube (as cast):--when it was cast, pipe.
Click here for more Dictionary!
© 1997-2070, Al M. Rogers, Jr.