Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary Words (a-c)
Hebrew and Chaldee words and definitions are taken from "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible".
chief, (fore-) father ([-less]), X patrimony, principal
- H1. 'ab, awb; a prim. word; father in a lit, and immed., or fig, and remote application):--chief, (fore-) father ([-less]), X patrimony, principal. Comp. names in "Abi-".
- H2. 'ab, (Chald.), ab; corresp. to
destroy (-uction), perish...
- H6. 'abad, aw-bad'; a prim. root; prop. to wander away, i.e. lose oneself; by impl. to perish (caus. destroy):--break, destroy (-uction), + not escape, fail, lose, (cause to, make) perish, spend, X and surely, take, be undone, X utterly, be void of, have no way to flee.
- H7. 'abad, (Chald.), ab-ad'; corresp. to
- H11. 'abaddown, ab-ad-done'; intens. from
H6; abstr. a perishing; concr. Hades:--destruction.
- H5674. 'abar, aw-bar'; a prim. root; to cross over; used very widely of any transition (lit. or fig.; trans., intrans. intens. or causat.); spec. to cover (in copulation):--alienate, alter, X at all, beyond, bring (over, through), carry over, (over-) come (on, over), conduct (over), convey over, current, deliver, do away, enter, escape, fail, gender, get over, (make) go (away, beyond, by, forth, his way, in, on, over, through), have away (more), lay, meddle, overrun, make partition, (cause to, give, make to, over) pass (-age, along, away, beyond, by, -enger, on, out, over, through), (cause to, make) + proclaim (-amation), perish, provoke to anger, put away, rage, + raiser of taxes, remove, send over, set apart, + shave, cause to (make) sound, X speedily, X sweet smelling, take (away), (make to) transgress (-or), translate, turn away, [way-] faring man, be wrath.
- H9. 'abedah, ab-ay-daw'; from
H6; concr. something lost; abstr. destruction, i.e. Hades:--lost. Comp.
- H10. 'abaddoh, ab-ad-do'; the same as
H9, miswritten for
H11; a perishing:--destruction.
- (Prov 27:20)
consent, rest content, will, be willing
- H14. 'abah, aw-baw'; a prim. root; to breathe after, i.e. (fig.) to be acquiescent:--consent, rest content, will, be willing.
- H15. 'abeh, aw-beh'; from
- (Job 34:36)
- H29. 'Abiyah, ab-ee-yaw'; or prol. 'Abiyahuw, ab-ee-yah'-hoo; from
H3050; father (i.e. worshipper) of Jah; Abijah, the name of several Isr. men and two Israelitesses:--Abiah, Abijah.
- H38. 'Abiyam, ab-ee-yawm'; from
H3220; father of (the) sea (i.e. seaman); Abijam (or Abijah), a king of Judah:--Abijam.
Abib, ear, green ears of corn
- H24. 'abiyb, aw-beeb'; from an unused root (mean to be tender); green, i.e. a young ear of grain; hence the name of the month Abib or Nisan:--Abib, ear, green ears of corn.
- H48. 'Abiyram, ab-ee-rawm'; from
H7311; father of height (i.e. lofty); Abiram, the name of two Isr.:--Abiram.
- H85. 'Abraham, ab-raw-hawm'; contr. from
H1 and an unused root (prob. mean. to be populous); father of a multitude; Abraham, the later name of Abram:--Abraham.
- H87. 'Abram, ab-rawm'; contr. from
H48; high father; Abram, the original name of Abraham:--Abram.
another, brother (-ly), kindred, like, other
- H251. 'ach, awkh; a prim. word; a brother (used in the widest sense of literal relationship and metaph. affinity or resemblance [like
H1]:--another, brother (-ly), kindred, like, other. Comp. also the prop. names beginning with "Ah-" or "Ahi-".
go one way or other
- H258. 'achad, aw-khad'; perh. a prim. root; to unify, i.e. (fig.) collect (one's thoughts):--go one way or other.
continue, defer, delay, hinder...
- H309. 'achar, aw-khar'; a prim. root; to loiter (i.e. be behind); by impl. to procrastinate:--continue, defer, delay, hinder, be late (slack), stay (there), tarry (longer).
after (that, -ward), again, at, away from...
- H310. 'achar, akh-ar'; from
H309; prop. the hind part; gen. used as an adv. or conj., after (in various senses):--after (that, -ward), again, at, away from, back (from, -side), behind, beside, by, follow (after, -ing), forasmuch, from, hereafter, hinder end, + out (over) live, + persecute, posterity, pursuing, remnant, seeing, since, thence [-forth], when, with.
- H311. 'achar, (Chald.), akh-ar'; corresp. to
H310; after:--[here-] after.
(an-) other (man), following, next, strange
- H312. 'acher, akh-air'; from
H309; prop. hinder; gen. next, other, etc.:--(an-) other (man), following, next, strange.
hinder, last, latter...
- H314. 'acharown, akh-ar-one'; or (short.) 'acharon, akh-ar-one'; from
H309; hinder: gen. late or last; spec. (as facing the east) western:--after (-ward), to come, following, hind (-er, -ermost, -most), last, latter, rereward, ut(ter)most.
- H319. 'achariyth, akh-ar-eeth'; from
H310; the last or end, hence the future; also posterity:--(last, latter) end (time), hinder (utter) -most, length, posterity, remnant, residue, reward.
- H320. 'achariyth, (Chald.), akh-ar-eeth'; from
H311; the same as
juice, new (sweet) wine
- H6071. 'aciyc, aw-sees'; from
H6072; must or fresh grape-juice (as just trodden out):--juice, new (sweet) wine.
- H6072. 'acac, aw-sas'; a prim. root; to squeeze out juice; fig. to trample:--tread down.
- H614. 'aciyph, aw-seef'; or 'aciph, aw-seef'; from
H622; gathered, i.e. (abstr.) a gathering in of crops:--ingathering.
assemble, gather, take away, withdraw...
- H622. 'acaph, aw-saf'; a prim. root; to gather for any purpose; hence to receive, take away, i.e. remove (destroy, leave behind, put up, restore, etc.):--assemble, bring, consume, destroy, fetch, gather (in, together, up again), X generally, get (him), lose, put all together, receive, recover [another from leprosy], (be) rereward, X surely, take (away, into, up), X utterly, withdraw.
eternity, ever (-lasting, -more)...
- H5703. 'ad, ad; from
H5710; prop. a (peremptory) terminus, i.e. (by impl.) duration, in the sense of advance or perpetuity (substantially as a noun, either with or without a prep.):--eternity, ever (-lasting, -more), old, perpetually, + world without end.
- 'ad:H5703 - 'asher:H834 (Gen 28:15, until)
- 'ad:H5703 (ever) 'asher:H834 (Isa 65:18, which)
against, and, as, at, before, by (that), even (to)...
- H5704. 'ad, ad; prop. the same as
H5703 (used as a prep., adv. or conj.; especially with a prep.); as far (or long, or much) as, whether of space (even unto) or time (during, while, until) or degree (equally with):--against, and, as, at, before, by (that), even (to), for (-asmuch as), [hither-] to, + how long, into, as long (much) as, (so) that, till, toward, until, when, while, (+ as) yet.
- 'ad:H5704 - 'owlam:H5769 (1 Chr 16:36, ever; Ezek 27:36; 28:19, never)
- 'ad:H5704 - 'owlam:H5769 - 'ad:H5703 (Isa 45:17, end)
- H111. 'Adad, ad-ad'; prob. an orth. var. for
H2301; Adad (or Hadad), an Edomite:--Hadad.
be (dyed, made) red (ruddy)
- H119. 'adam, aw-dam'; to show blood in the face), i.e. flush or turn rosy:--be (dyed, made) red (ruddy).
- H120. 'adam, aw-dawm'; from
H119; ruddy, i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.):--X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
- H121. 'Adam, aw-dawm'; the same as
H120; Adam, the name of the first man, also of a place in Pal.:--Adam.
- H5727. 'adan, aw-dan'; a prim. root; to be soft or pleasant; fig. and reflex. to live voluptuously:--delight self.
- H122. 'adom, aw-dome'; from
H119; rosy:--red, ruddy.
country, earth, ground, husband [-man] (-ry), land
- H127. 'adamah, ad-aw-maw'; from
H119; soil (from its gen. redness):--country, earth, ground, husband [-man] (-ry), land.
adorn, deck (self), pass by, take away
- H5710. 'adah, aw-daw'; a prim. root; to advance, i.e. pass on or continue; causat. to remove; spec. to bedeck (i.e. bring an ornament upon):--adorn, deck (self), pass by, take away.
X excellent, mouth, ornament
- H5716. 'adiy, ad-ee'; from
H5710 in the sense of trappings; finery; gen. an outfit; spec. a headstall:-- X excellent, mouth, ornament.
lord, master, owner
- H113. 'adown, aw-done', or (short.) 'adon, aw-done'; from an unused root (mean to rule); sovereign, i.e. controller (human or divine):--lord, master, owner. Comp. also names beginning with "Adoni-".
- H136. 'Adonay, ad-o-noy'; an emphatic form of
H113; the Lord (used as a prop. name of God only):--(my) Lord.
- H105. aetos, ah-et-os'; from the same as
G109; an eagle (from its wind-like flight):--eagle.
- H5689. 'agab, aw-gab'; a prim. root; to breathe after, i.e. to love (sensually):--dote, lover.
- H166. 'ahal, aw-hal'; a prim. root; to be clear:--shine.
- H398. 'akal, aw-kal'; a prim. root; to eat (lit. or fig.):--X at all, burn up, consume, devour (-er, up), dine, eat (-er, up), feed (with), food, X freely, X in . . . wise (-deed, plenty), (lay) meat, X quite.
above, high, most High
- H5920. 'al, al; from
H5927; prop. the top; spec. the Highest (i.e. God); also (adv.) aloft, to Jehovah:--above, high, most High.
above, against, over...
- H5921. 'al, al; prop. the same as
H5920 used as a prep. (in the sing. or plur., often with pref., or as conj. with a particle following); above, over, upon, or against (yet always in this last relation with a downward aspect) in a great variety of applications (as follow):--above, according to (-ly), after, (as) against, among, and, X as, at, because of, beside (the rest of), between, beyond the time, X both and, by (reason of), X had the charge of, concerning for, in (that), (forth, out) of, (from) (off), (up-) on, over, than, through (-out), to, touching, X with.
- 'al:H5921 (Lev 3:4, etc., on; Lev 6:5, about; Deu 17:15, etc., over; 2 Ki 12:15, into; Isa 13:17, etc., against) 'asher:H834 (Lev 3:4, etc., which; Deu 17:15, etc., whom; 2 Ki 7:2, etc., whose)
- 'al:H5921 - 'asher:H834 (Exo 32:35, etc., because; 2 Sam 15:20; 1 Ki 18:12, whither)
- 'al:H5921 - ken:H3651 (Gen 2:24, etc., therefore; Gen 10:9, etc., wherefore; Judg 6:22; Jer 48:36, because; Jer 38:4, thus)
- 'al:H5921 - kol:H3605 - 'asher:H834 (Prov 21:1, whithersoever)
- 'al:H5921 - paniym:H6440 (Gen 11:28, etc., before; Gen 18:16, etc., toward; Deu 32:49, etc., over; 1 Ki 6:3, according; 2 Ki 21:13, etc., upside down; Job 6:28, evident; Zep 1:2, 3, off)
- 'al:H5922 - paniym:H6440 (over) 'al:H5921 - paniym:H6440 (Ezek 48:15, 21, against)
- 'al:H5921 - paniym:H6440 (over) paniym:H6440 (Deu 32:49, etc., against)
- 'al:H5921 - 'asher:H834 - sham:H8033 (Ezek 1:20)
about, against, concerning, for, [there-] fore...
- H5922. 'al, (Chald.), al; corresp. to
H5921:--about, against, concerning, for, [there-] fore, from, in, X more, of, (there-, up-) on, (in-) to, + why with.
ascending, ascend up, came up, went up...
- H5927. 'alah, aw-law'; a prim. root; to ascend, intrans. (be high) or act. (mount); used in a great variety of senses, primary and secondary, lit. and fig. (as follow):--arise (up). (cause to) ascend up, at once, break [the day] (up), bring (up), (cause to) burn, carry up, cast up, + shew, climb (up), (cause to, make to) come (up), cut off, dawn, depart, exalt, excel, fall, fetch up, get up, (make to) go (away, up), grow (over), increase, lay, leap, levy, lift (self) up, light, [make] up, X mention, mount up, offer, make to pay, + perfect, prefer, put (on), raise, recover, restore, (make to) rise (up), scale, set (up), shoot forth (up), (begin to) spring (up), stir up, take away (up), work.
- H5956. 'alam, aw-lam'; a prim. root; to veil from sight, i.e. conceal (lit. or fig.):-- X any ways, blind, dissembler, hide (self), secret (thing).
damsel, maid, virgin
- H5959. 'almah, al-maw'; fem. of
H5958; a lass (as veiled or private):--damsel, maid, virgin.
folk, men, nation, people
- H5971. 'am, am; from
H6004; a people (as a congregated unit); spec. a tribe (as those of Israel); hence (collect.) troops or attendants; fig. a flock:--folk, men, nation, people.
abide, stand, stayed, withstood...
- H5975. 'amad, aw-mad'; a prim. root; to stand, in various relations (lit. and fig., intrans. and trans.):--abide (behind), appoint, arise, cease, confirm, continue, dwell, be employed, endure, establish, leave, make, ordain, be [over], place, (be) present (self), raise up, remain, repair, + serve, set (forth, over, -tle, up), (make to, make to be at a, with-) stand (by, fast, firm, still, up), (be at a) stay (up), tarry.
become dim, hide
- H6004. 'amam, aw-mam'; a prim. root; to associate; by impl. to overshadow (by huddling together):--become dim, hide.
hence assurance, believe, bring up, establish...
- H539. aman, aw-man'; a prim. root; prop. to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; fig. to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; mor. to be true or certain; once (Isa. 30 : 21; by interch. for
H541) to go to the right hand:--hence assurance, believe, bring up, establish, + fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right.
turn to the right
- H541. 'aman, aw-man'; denom. from
H3225; to take the right hand road:--turn to the right. See
- (Isa 30:21)
Amen, so be it, truth
- H543. 'amen, aw-mane'; from
H539; sure; abstr. faithfulness; adv. truly:--Amen, so be it, truth.
call, said, speak, talk, term...
- H559. 'amar, aw-mar'; a prim. root; to say (used with great latitude):--answer, appoint, avouch, bid, boast self, call, certify, challenge, charge, + (at the, give) command (ment), commune, consider, declare, demand, X desire, determine, X expressly, X indeed, X intend, name, X plainly, promise, publish, report, require, say, speak (against, of), X still, X suppose, talk, tell, term, X that is, X think, use [speech], utter, X verily, X yet.
bind sheaves, make merchandise of
- H6014. 'amar, aw-mar'; a prim. root; prop. appar. to heap; fig. to chastise (as if piling blows); spec. (as denom. from
H6016) to gather grain:--bind sheaves, make merchandise of.
X apiece, pillar
- H5982. 'ammuwd, am-mood'; or 'ammud, am-mood'; from
H5975; a column (as standing); also a stand, i.e. platform:-- X apiece, pillar.
be angry (displeased)
- H599. 'anaph, aw-naf'; a prim. root; to breathe hard, i.e. be enraged:--be angry (displeased).
- H578. 'anah, aw-naw'; a prim. root; to groan:--lament, mourn.
befall, deliver, happen, seek a quarrel
- H579. 'anah, aw-naw'; a prim. root [perh. rather ident. with
H578 through the idea of contraction in anguish]; to approach; hence to meet in various senses:--befall, deliver, happen, seek a quarrel.
give account, afflict...
- H6030. 'anah, aw-naw'; a prim. root; prop. to eye or (gen.) to heed, i.e. pay attention; by impl. to respond; by extens. to begin to speak; spec. to sing, shout, testify, announce:--give account, afflict [by mistake for
H6031], (cause to, give) answer, bring low [by mistake for
H6031], cry, hear, Leannoth, lift up, say, X scholar, (give a) shout, sing (together by course), speak, testify, utter, (bear) witness. See also
abase self, afflict (-ion, self), answer...
- H6031. 'anah, aw-naw'; a prim. root [possibly rather ident. with
H6030 through the idea of looking down or browbeating]; to depress lit. or fig., trans. or intrans. (in various applications, as follow):--abase self, afflict (-ion, self), answer [by mistake for
H6030], chasten self, deal hardly with, defile, exercise, force, gentleness, humble (self), hurt, ravish, sing [by mistake for
H6030], speak [by mistake for
H6030], submit self, weaken, X in any wise.
also, + although, and (furthermore, yet), but...
- H637. 'aph, af; a prim. particle; mean. accession (used as an adv. or conj.); also or yea; adversatively though:--also, + although, and (furthermore, yet), but, even, + how much less (more, rather than), moreover, with, yea.
- H638. 'aph, (Chald.), af: corresp. to
- H639. 'aph, af; from
H599; prop. the nose or nostril; hence the face, and occasionally a person; also (from the rapid breathing in passion) ire:--anger (-gry), + before, countenance, face, + forbearing, forehead, + [long-] suffering, nose, nostril, snout, X worthy, wrath.
- H6080. 'aphar, aw-far'; a prim. root; mean. either to be gray or perh. rather to pulverize; used only as denom. from
H6083; to be dust:--cast [dust].
ashes, dust, earth, ground, morter, powder, rubbish
- H6083. 'aphar, aw-fawr'; from
H6080; dust (as powdered or gray); hence clay, earth, mud:--ashes, dust, earth, ground, morter, powder, rubbish.
brook, channel, mighty, river, + scale, stream, strong piece
- H650. 'aphiyq, aw-feek'; from
H622; prop. containing, i.e. a tube; also a bed or valley of a stream; also a strong thing or a hero:--brook, channel, mighty, river, + scale, stream, strong piece.
- H651. 'aphel, aw-fale'; from an unused root mean. to set as the sun; dusky:--very dark.
dark, darkness, gloominess, X thick
- H653. 'aphelah, af-ay-law'; fem. of
H651; duskiness, fig. misfortune; concr. concealment:--dark, darkness, gloominess, X thick.
take by the heel, stay, supplant, X utterly
- H6117. 'aqab, aw-kab'; a prim. root; prop. to swell out or up; used only as denom. from
H6119; to seize by the heel; fig. to circumvent (as if tripping up the heels); also to restrain (as if holding by the heel):--take by the heel, stay, supplant, X utterly.
heel, [horse-] hoof, last, lier in wait...
- H6119. 'aqeb, aw-kabe'; or (fem.) 'iqqebah, ik-keb-aw'; from
H6117; a heel (as protuberant); hence a track; fig. the rear (of an army):--heel, [horse-] hoof, last, lier in wait [by mistake for
H6120], (foot-) step.
- H6120. 'aqeb, aw-kabe'; from
H6117 in its denom. sense; a lier in wait:--heel [by mistake for
dig down, hough, pluck up, root up
- H6131. 'aqar, aw-kar'; a prim. root; to pluck up (espec. by the roots); spec. to hamstring; fig. to exterminate:--dig down, hough, pluck up, root up.
pluck up by the roots
- H6132. 'aqar, (Chald.), ak-ar'; corresp. to
H6131:--pluck up by the roots.
- H6145. 'ar, awr; from
H5782; a foe (as watchful for mischief):--enemy.
engage, (inter-) meddle (with), mingle (self), mortgage...
- H6148. 'arab, aw-rab'; a prim. root; to braid, i.e. intermix; techn. to traffic (as if by barter); alo to give or be security (as a kind of exchange):--engage, (inter-) meddle (with), mingle (self), mortgage, occupy, give pledges, be (-come, put in) surety, undertake.
be darkened, (toward) evening
- H6150. 'arab, aw-rab'; a prim. root [rather identical with
H6148 through the idea of covering with a texture]; to grow dusky at sundown:--be darkened, (toward) evening.
- (Judg 19:9; 1 Sam 17:16, evening; Isa 24:11, darkened)
- H717. 'arah, aw-raw'; a prim. root; to pluck:--gather, pluck.
Aram, Mesopotamia, Syria, Syrians
- H758. 'Aram, arawm'; from the same as
H759; the highland; Aram or Syria, and its inhabitants; also the name of a son of Shem, a grandson of Nahor, and of an Isr.:--Aram, Mesopotamia, Syria, Syrians.
X very, beware, take crafty [counsel], be prudent, deal subtilly
- H6191. 'aram, aw-ram'; a prim. root; prop. to be (or make) bare; but used only in the der. sense (through the idea perh. of smoothness) to be cunning (usually in a bad sense):-- X very, beware, take crafty [counsel], be prudent, deal subtilly.
- H6201. 'araph, aw-raf'; a prim. root; to droop; hence to drip:--drop (down).
(gross, thick) dark (cloud, -ness)
- H6205. 'araphel, ar-aw-fel'; prob. from
H6201; gloom (as of a lowering sky):--(gross, thick) dark (cloud, -ness).
X bitterly curse
- H779. 'arar, aw-rar'; a prim. root; to execrate;-- X bitterly curse.
- H6206. 'arats, aw-rats'; a prim. root; to awe or (intrans.) to dread; hence to harass:--be affrighted (afraid, dread, feared, terrified), break, dread, fear, oppress, prevail, shake terribly.
(young) lion, + pierce
- H738. 'ariy, ar-ee'; or (prol.) 'aryeh, ar-yay'; from
H717 (in the sense of violence); a lion:--(young) lion, + pierce [from the marg.].
- H759. 'armown, ar-mone'; from an unused root (mean. to be elevated); a citadel (from its height):--castle, palace. Comp.
crafty, prudent, subtil
- H6175. 'aruwm, aw-room'; pass. part. of
H6191; cunning (usually in a bad sense):--crafty, prudent, subtil.
made, make, prepared...
- H6213. 'asah, aw-saw'; a prim. root; to do or make, in the broadest sense and widest application (as follows):--accomplish, advance, appoint, apt, be at, become, bear, bestow, bring forth, bruise, be busy, X certainly, have the charge of, commit, deal (with), deck, + displease, do, (ready) dress (-ed), (put in) execute (-ion), exercise, fashion, + feast, [fight-] ing man, + finish, fit, fly, follow, fulfil, furnish, gather, get, go about, govern, grant, great, + hinder, hold ([a feast]), X indeed, + be industrious, + journey, keep, labour, maintain, make, be meet, observe, be occupied, offer, + officer, pare, bring (come) to pass, perform, practise, prepare, procure, provide, put, requite, X sacrifice, serve, set, shew, X sin, spend, X surely, take, X thoroughly, trim, X very, + vex, be [warr-] ior, work (-man), yield, use.
- H816. 'asham, aw-sham'; or 'ashem, aw-shame'; a prim. root; to be guilty; by impl. to be punished or perish:-- X certainly, be (-come, made) desolate, destroy, X greatly, be (-come, found, hold) guilty, offend (acknowledge offence), trespass.
guiltiness, (offering for) sin, trespass (offering)
- H817. asham, aw-shawm'; from
H816; guilt; by impl. a fault; also a sin-offering:--guiltiness, (offering for) sin, trespass (offering).
be angry (be on a) smoke
- H6225. 'ashan, aw-shan'; a prim. root; to smoke, whether lit. or fig.:--be angry (be on a) smoke.
- H6227. 'ashan, aw-shawn'; from
H6225; smoke, lit. or fig. (vapor, dust, anger):--smoke (-ing).
(call, be) bless (-ed, happy), go, guide, lead, relieve
- H833. 'ashar, aw-shar'; or 'asher, aw-share'; a prim. root; to be straight (used in the widest sense, espec. to be level, right, happy); fig. to go forward, be honest, prosper:--(call, be) bless (-ed, happy), go, guide, lead, relieve.
- H834. 'asher, ash-er'; a prim. rel. pron. (of every gend. and numb.); who, which, what, that; also (as adv. and conjunc.) when, where, how, because, in order that, etc.:--X after, X alike, as (soon as), because, X every, for, + forasmuch, + from whence, + how (-soever), X if, (so) that ([thing] which, wherein), X though, + until, + whatsoever, when, where (+ -as, -in, -of, -on, -soever, -with), which, whilst, + whither (-soever), who (-m, -soever, -se). As it is indeclinable, it is often accompanied by the personal pron. expletively, used to show the connection.
- 'asher:H834 - 'al:H5921 (Gen 28:13, etc., whereon; Gen 43:16, ruler; Gen 44:1, etc., steward; Exo 34:12, whither; Lev 11:35, etc., whereupon; 2 Chr 1:11, whom)
- 'asher:H834 - 'al:H5921 - ken:H3651 (Job 34:27, because)
- 'asher:H834 - kol:H3605 (1 Ki 19:1, withal)
- 'asher:H834 (which) hem:H1992 (Deu 19:17, those)
- 'asher:H834 - hem:H1992 (Exo 36:1, etc., whom)
- 'asher:H834 (wherewith) sham:H8033 (Ezek 13:20, there)
where, whence, whither, wherein, wheresoever, whereunto
- 'asher:H834 - sham:H8033 (Gen 2:11, etc., where; Gen 3:23, etc. whence; Ezek 1:12, etc., whither; Deu 12:2, etc., wherein; 2 Ki 12:5, wheresoever; Ezek 20:29, whereunto)
- H836. 'Asher, aw-share'; from
H833; happy; Asher, a son of Jacob, and the tribe descended from him, with its territory; also a place in Pal.:--Asher.
- H6095. 'atsah, aw-tsaw'; a prim. root; prop. to fasten (or make firm), i.e. to close (the eyes):--shut.
- H6105. 'atsam, aw-tsam'; a prim. root; to bind fast, i.e. close (the eyes); intrans. to be (causat, make) powerful or numerous; denom. (from
H6106) to craunch the bones:--break the bones, close, be great, be increased, be (wax) mighty (-ier), be more, shut, be (-come, make) strong (-er).
covet, (greatly) desire, be desirous, long, lust (after)
- H183. 'avah, aw-vaw'; a prim. root; to wish for:--covet, (greatly) desire, be desirous, long, lust (after).
do amiss, bow down, make crooked, commit iniquity...
- H5753. 'avah, aw-vaw'; a prim. root; to crook, lit. or fig. (as follows):--do amiss, bow down, make crooked, commit iniquity, pervert, (do) perverse (-ly), trouble, X turn, do wickedly, do wrong.
fault, iniquity, mischief, punishment (of iniquity), sin
- H5771. 'avon, aw-vone'; or 'avown (2 Kings 7 : 9; Psa. 51 : 5
[H7]), aw-vone'; from
H5753; perversity, i.e. (moral) evil:--fault, iniquity, mischief, punishment (of iniquity), sin.
how, what, whence, where, whether, which (way)
- H335. 'ay, ah'ee; perh. from
H370; where ? hence how ?:--how, what, whence, where, whether, which (way).
be an enemy
- H340. 'ayab, aw-yab'; a prim. root; to hate (as one of an opposite tribe or party); hence to be hostile:--be an enemy.
- H5869. 'ayin, ah'-yin; prob. a prim. word; an eye (lit. or fig.); by anal. a fountain (as the eye of the landscape):--affliction, outward appearance, + before, + think best, colour, conceit, + be content, countenance, + displease, eye ([-brow], [-d], -sight), face, + favour, fountain, furrow [from the marg.], X him, + humble, knowledge, look, (+ well), X me, open (-ly), + (not) please, presence, + regard, resemblance, sight, X thee, X them, + think, X us, well, X you (-rselves).
neither, never, no...
- H369. 'ayin, ah'-yin; as if from a prim. root mean. to be nothing or not exist; a nonentity; gen. used as a neg. particle:--else, except, fail [father-] less, be gone, in [-curable], neither, never, no (where), none, nor (any, thing), not, nothing, to nought, past, un [-searchable], well-nigh, without, Comp.
- 'ayin:H369 - 'iysh:H376 (Judg 21:9; Isa 63:3, none)
- H370. 'ayin, ah-yin'; prob. ident. with
H369 in the sense of query (comp.
H336);--where? (only in connection with prep. pref., whence):--whence, where.
mighty (man), lintel, oak, post, ram, tree
- H352. 'ayil, ah'-yil; from the same as
H193; prop. strength; hence anything strong; spec. a chief (politically); also a ram (from his strength); a pilaster (as a strong support); an oak or other strong tree:--mighty (man), lintel, oak, post, ram, tree.
fierce, + greedy, mighty, power, roughly, strong
- H5794. 'az, az; from
H5810; strong, vehement, harsh:--fierce, + greedy, mighty, power, roughly, strong.
- H5826. 'azar, aw-zar'; a prim. root; to surround, i.e. protect or aid:--help, succour.
harden, impudent, prevail, strengthen (self), be strong
- H5810. 'azaz, aw-zaz'; a prim. root; to be stout (lit. or fig.):--harden, impudent, prevail, strengthen (self), be strong.
cause, inquire, seek up, swell out, boil
- H1158. ba'ah, baw-aw'; a prim. root; to gush over i.e. to swell; (fig.) to desire earnestly; by impl. to ask:--cause, inquire, seek up, swell out, boil.
Beulah have dominion (over), be husband, marry (-ried, X wife)
- H1166. ba'al, baw-al'; a prim. root; to be master; hence (as denom. from
H1167) to marry:--Beulah have dominion (over), be husband, marry (-ried, X wife).
husband, lord, man, + married...
- H1167. ba'al, bah'-al; from
H1166; a master; hence a husband, or (fig.) owner (often used with another noun in modifications of this latter sense):-- + archer, + babbler, + bird, captain, chief man, + confederate, + have to do, + dreamer, those to whom it is due, + furious, those that are given to it, great, + hairy, he that hath it, have, + horseman, husband, lord, man, + married, master, person, + sworn, they of.
- H1330. bethuwlah, beth-oo-law'; fem. pass. part. of an unused root mean. to separate; a virgin (from her privacy); sometimes (by continuation) a bride; also (fig.) a city or state:--maid, virgin.
- H894. Babel, baw-bel'; from
H1101; confusion; Babel (i.e. Babylon), including Babylonia and the Bab. empire:--Babel, Babylon.
choose, chosen one, elect
- H972. bachiyr, baw-kheer'; from
H977; select:--choose, chosen one, elect.
examine, prove, tempt, try (trial)
- H974. bachan, baw-khan'; a prim. root; to test (espec. metals); gen. and fig. to investigate:--examine, prove, tempt, try (trial).
acceptable, appoint, choose (choice)...
- H977. bachar, baw-khar'; a prim. root; prop. to try, i.e. (by impl.) select:--acceptable, appoint, choose (choice), excellent, join, be rather, require.
alone, apart, bar, besides, branch, by self...
- H905. bad, bad; from
H909; prop. separation; by impl. a part of the body, branch of a tree, bar for carrying; fig. chief of a city; espec. (with prep. pref.) as adv., apart, only, besides:--alone, apart, bar, besides, branch, by self, of each alike, except, only, part, staff, strength.
- H906. bad, bad; perh. from
H909 (in the sense of divided fibres); flaxen thread or yarn; hence a linen garment:--linen.
- H909. badad, baw-dad'; a prim. root; to divide, i.e. (reflex.) be solitary:--alone.
- H898. bagad, baw-gad'; a prim. root; to cover (with a garment); fig. to act covertly; by impl. to pillage:--deal deceitfully (treacherously, unfaithfully), offend, transgress (-or), (depart), treacherous (dealer, -ly, man), unfaithful (-ly, man), X very.
make firstborn, be firstling, bring forth first child (new fruit)
- H1069. bakar, baw-kar'; a prim. root; prop. to burst the womb, i.e. (caus.) bear or make early fruit (of woman or tree); also (as denom. from
H1061) to give the birthright:--make firstborn, be firstling, bring forth first child (new fruit).
consume, enjoy long, become (make, wax) old, spend, waste
- H1086. balah, baw-law'; a prim. root; to fail; by impl. to wear out, decay (caus. consume, spend):--consume, enjoy long, become (make, wax) old, spend, waste.
- H1101. balal, baw-lal'; a prim. root; to overflow (spec. with oil); by impl. to mix; also (denom. from
H1098) to fodder:--anoint, confound, X fade, mingle, mix (self), give provender, temper.
- H1110. balaq, baw-lak'; a prim. root; to annihilate:--(make) waste.
- H1129. banah, baw-naw'; a prim. root; to build (lit. and fig.):--(begin to) build (-er), obtain children, make, repair, set (up), X surely.
- H1234. baqa', baw-kah'; a prim. root; to cleave; gen. to rend, break, rip or open:--make a breach, break forth (into, out, in pieces, through, up), be ready to burst, cleave (asunder), cut out, divide, hatch, rend (asunder), rip up, tear, win.
(make) empty (out), fail, X utterly, make void
- H1238. baqaq, baw-kah'; a prim. root; to pour out, i.e. to empty, fig. to depopulate; by anal. to spread out (as a fruitful vine):--(make) empty (out), fail, X utterly, make void.
(make) inquire (-ry), (make) search, seek out
- H1239. baqar, baw-kar'; a prim. root; prop. to plough, or (gen.) break forth, i.e. (fig.) to inspect, admire, care for, consider:--(make) inquire (-ry), (make) search, seek out.
inquire, make search
- H1240. beqar, (Chald.), bek-ar'; corresp. to
H1239:--inquire, make search.
- H1241. baqar, baw-kaw'; from
H1239; a beeve or animal of the ox kind of either gender (as used for ploughing); collect, a herd:--beeve, bull (+ -ock), + calf, + cow, great [cattle], + heifer, herd, kine, ox.
- H1250. bar, bawr; or bar, bar; from
H1305 (in the sense of winnowing): grain of any kind (even while standing in the field); by extens. the open country:--corn, wheat.
- H1254. bara', baw-raw'; a prim. root; (absol.) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes):--choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).
choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat
- H1262. barah, baw-raw'; a prim. root; to select; also (as denom. from
H1250) to feed; also (as equiv. to
H1305) to render clear (Eccl. 3 : 18):--choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat.
X abundantly, X altogether, X at all...
- H1288. barak, baw-rak'; a prim. root; to kneel; by impl. to bless God (as an act of adoration), and (vice-versa) man (as a benefit); also (by euphemism) to curse (God or the king, as treason):-- X abundantly, X altogether, X at all, blaspheme, bless, congratulate, curse, X greatly, X indeed, kneel (down), praise, salute, X still, thank.
(shew self) pure (-ify), purge (out)...
- H305. barar, baw-rar'; a prim. root; to clarify (i.e. brighten), examine, select:--make bright, choice, chosen, cleanse (be clean), clearly, polished, (shew self) pure (-ify), purge (out).
- H1319. basar, baw-sar'; a prim. root; prop. to be fresh, i.e. full (rosy, fig. cheerful); to announce (glad news):--messenger, preach, publish, shew forth, (bear, bring, carry, preach, good, tell good) tidings.
- H1320. basar, baw-sawr'; from
H1319; flesh (from its freshness); by extens. body, person; also (by euphem.) the pudenda of a man:--body, [fat, lean] flesh [-ed], kin, [man-] kind, + nakedness, self, skin.
- H1316. Bashan, baw-shawn'; of uncert. der.; Bashan (often with the art.), a region E. of the Jordan:--Bashan.
- H1323. bath, bath; from
H1129 (as fem. of
H1121); a daughter (used in the same wide sense as other terms of relationship, lit. and fig.):--apple [of the eye], branch, company, daughter, X first, X old, + owl, town, village.
put confidence, (make to) hope, (put, make to) trust...
- H982. batach, baw-takh'; a prim. root; prop. to hie for refuge [but not so precipitately as
H2620]; fig. to trust, be confident or sure:--be bold (confident, secure, sure), careless (one, woman), put confidence, (make to) hope, (put, make to) trust.
- H996. beyn, bane (sometimes in the plur. masc. or fem.); prop. the constr. contr. form of an otherwise unused noun from
H995; a distinction; but used only as a prep., between (repeated before each noun, often with other particles); also as a conj., either . . . or:--among, asunder, at, between (-twixt . . . and), + from (the widest), X in, out of, whether (it be . . . or), within.
apparel, cloth (-es, -ing), garment...
- H899. beged, begh'-ed; from
H898; a covering, i.e. clothing; also treachery or pillage:--apparel, cloth (-es, -ing), garment, lap, rag, raiment, robe, X very [treacherously], vesture, wardrobe.
- H930. behemowth, be-hay-mohth'; in form a plur. of
H929, but really a sing. of Eg. der.; a water-ox, i.e. the hippopotamus or Nile-horse:--Behemoth.
- H1080. bela', (Chald.), bel-aw'; corresp. to
H1086 (but used only in a mental sense); to afflict:--wear out.
corn, fodder, provender
- H1098. beliyl, bel-eel'; from
H1101; mixed, i.e. (spec.) feed (for cattle):--corn, fodder, provender.
child, first, son...
- H1121. ben, bane; from
H1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of lit. and fig. relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., [like
H251, etc.]):-- + afflicted, age, [Ahoh-] [Ammon-] [Hachmon-] [Lev-]ite, [anoint-]ed one, appointed to, (+) arrow, [Assyr-] [Babylon-] [Egypt-] [Grec-]ian, one born, bough, branch, breed, + (young) bullock, + (young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first, + firstborn, foal, + very fruitful, + postage, X in, + kid, + lamb, (+) man, meet, + mighty, + nephew, old, (+) people, + rebel, + robber, X servant born, X soldier, son, + spark, + steward, + stranger, X surely, them of, + tumultuous one, + valiant[-est], whelp, worthy, young (one), youth.
- ben:H1121 (sons) 'el:H410 (Psa 89:8, mighty)
- ben:H1121 - 'el:H410 (Psa 29:1, mighty)
confederacy, [con-]feder[-ate], covenant, league
- H1285. beriyth, ber-eeth'; from
H1262 (in the sense of cutting [like
H1254]); a compact (because made by passing between pieces of flesh):--confederacy, [con-]feder[-ate], covenant, league.
belly, body, + as they be born, + within, womb
- H990. beten, beh'-ten; from an unused root prob. mean. to be hollow; the belly, espec. the womb; also the bosom or body of anything:--belly, body, + as they be born, + within, womb.
- H1042. Beyth 'Anowth, bayth anoth'; from
H1004 and a plur. from
H6030; house of replies; Beth-Anoth, a place in Pal.:--Beth-anoth.
- (Josh 15:59)
- H1043. Beyth 'Anath, bayth an-awth'; an orth. var. for
H1042; Beth-Anath, a place in Pal.:--Beth-anath.
- (Josh 19:38; Judg 1:33)
- H1046. Beyth Pelet, bayth peh'-let; from
H6412; house of escape; Beth-Palet, a place in Pal.:--Beth-palet.
- H1004. bayith, bah'-yith; prob. from
H1129 abbrev.; a house (in the greatest var. of applications, espec. family, etc.):--court, daughter, door, + dungeon, family, + forth of, X great as would contain, hangings. home[born], [winter]house (-hold), inside(-ward), palace, place, + prison, + steward, + tablet, temple, web, + within (-out).
(place of (the) chariots)--Beth-marcaboth
- H1024. Beyth ham-Marka-bowth, bayth ham-mar-kaw-both'; or (short.) Beyth Mar-kabowth, bayth mar-kaw-both'; from
H1004 and the plur. of
H4818 (with or without the art. interposed); place of (the) chariots: Beth-ham-Markaboth or Beth-Markaboth, a place in Pal.:--Beth-marcaboth.
- H1040. Beyth 'Eden, bayth ay'-den; from
H5730; house of pleasure; Beth-Eden, a place in Syria:--Beth-eden.
- H1008. Beyth-'El, bayth-ale'; from
H410; house of God; Beth-El, a place in Pal.:--Beth-el.
- H1029. Beyth hash-Shittah, bayth hash-shit-taw'; from
H7848 with the art. interposed; house of the acacia; Beth-hash-Shittah, a place in Pal.:--Beth-shittah.
- (Judg 7:22)
house of Aphrah
- H1036. Beyth le-'Aphrah, bayth le-af-raw'; from
H1004 and the fem. of
H6083 (with prep. interposed); house to (i.e. of) dust; Beth-le-Aphrah, a place in Pal.:--house of Aphrah.
- H1049. Beyth Tsuwr, bayth tsoor'; from
H6697; house of (the) rock; Beth-Tsur, a place in Pal.:--Beth-zur.
first fruit (-ripe [fig.]), hasty fruit
- H1061. bikkuwr, bik-koor'; from
H1069; the first-fruits of the crop:--first fruit (-ripe [fig.]), hasty fruit.
- H995. biyn, bene; a prim. root; to separate mentally (or distinguish), i.e. (gen.) understand:--attend, consider, be cunning, diligently, direct, discern, eloquent, feel, inform, instruct, have intelligence, know, look well to, mark, perceive, be prudent, regard, (can) skill (-ful), teach, think, (cause, make to, get, give, have) understand (-ing), view, (deal) wise (-ly, man).
- H976. bochan, bo'-khan; from
- H922. bohuw, bo-hoo; from an unused root (mean. to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:--emptiness, void.
(+) day, early, morning, morrow
- H1242. boqer, bo'-ker; from
H1239; prop. dawn (as the break of day); gen. morning:-- (+) day, early, morning, morrow.
abide, apply, attain, X be, befall, + besiege, bring...
- H935. bow', bo; a prim. root; to go or come (in a wide variety of applications):--abide, apply, attain, X be, befall, + besiege, bring (forth, in, into, to pass), call, carry, X certainly, (cause, let, thing for) to come (against, in, out, upon, to pass), depart, X doubtless again, + eat, + employ, (cause to) enter (in, into, -tering, -trance, -try), be fallen, fetch, + follow, get, give, go (down, in, to war), grant, + have, X indeed, [in-]vade, lead, lift [up], mention, pull in, put, resort, run (down), send, set, X (well) stricken [in age], X surely, take (in), way.
fine (white) linen
- H948. buwts, boots; from an unused root (of the same form) mean. to bleach, i.e. (intrans.) be white; prob. cotton (of some sort):--fine (white) linen.
- H5590. ca'ar, saw-ar'; a prim. root; to rush upon; by impl. to toss (trans. or intrans., lit. or fig.):--be (toss with) tempest (-uous), be sore troubled, come out as a (drive with the, scatter with a) whirlwind.
storm (-y), tempest, whirlwind
- H5591. ca'ar, sah'-ar; or (fem.) ce'arah, seh-aw-raw'; from
H5590; a hurricane:--storm (-y), tempest, whirlwind.
bring, cast, fetch, lead, make, walk, X whirl, X round about...
- H5437. cabab, saw-bab'; a prim. root; to revolve, surround or border; used in various applications, lit and fig. (as follows):--bring, cast, fetch, lead, make, walk, X whirl, X round about, be about on every side, apply, avoid, beset (about), besiege, bring again, carry (about), change, cause to come about, X circuit, (fetch a) compass (about, round), drive, environ, X on every side, beset (close, come, compass, go, stand) round about, remove, return, set, sit down, turn (self) (about, aside, away, back).
(place, round) about, circuit, compass, on every side
- H5439. cabiyb, saw-beeb'; or (fem.) cebiybah, seb-ee-baw'; from
H5437; (as noun) a circle, neighbor, or environs; but chiefly (as adv., with or without prep.) around:--(place, round) about, circuit, compass, on every side.
cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up
- H5526. cakak, saw-kak'; or sakak (Exod. 33 : 22), saw-kak'; a prim. root; prop. to entwine as a screen; by impl. to fence in, cover over, (fig.) protect:--cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up.
- H5564. camak, saw-mak'; a prim. root; to prop (lit. or fig.); reflex. to lean upon or take hold of (in a favorable or unfavorable sense):--bear up, establish, (up-) hold, lay, lean, lie hard, put, rest self, set self, stand fast, stay (self), sustain.
add, augment, consume, destroy, heap, join, perish, put
- H5595. caphah, saw-faw'; a prim. root; prop. to scrape (lit. to shave; but usually fig.) together (i.e. to accumulate or increase) or away (i.e. to scatter, remove or ruin; intrans. to perish):--add, augment, consume, destroy, heap, join, perish, put.
- H5601. cappiyr, sap-peer'; from
H5608; a gem (perh. as used for scratching other substances), prob. the sapphire:--sapphire.
commune, (ac-) count, declare, number...
- H5608. caphar, saw-far'; a prim. root; prop. to score with a mark as a tally or record, i.e. (by impl.) to inscribe, and also to enumerate; intens. to recount, i.e. celebrate:--commune, (ac-) count, declare, number, + penknife, reckon, scribe, shew forth, speak, talk, tell (out), writer.
tread down (under foot), value
- H5541. calah, saw-law'; a prim. root; to hang up, i.e. weigh, or (fig.) contemn:--tread down (under foot), value.
backsliding, rebellious, revolter...
- H5637. carar, saw-rar'; a prim. root; to turn away, i.e. (morally) be refractory:-- X away, backsliding, rebellious, revolter (-ing), slide back, stubborn, withdrew.
- H5542. celah, seh'-law; from
H5541; suspension (of music), i.e. pause:--Selah.
closed up, hidden, secret, shut out (up), stop
- H5640. catham, saw-tham'; or satham (Num. 24 : 15), saw-tham'; a prim. root; to stop up; by impl. to repair; fig. to keep secret:--closed up, hidden, secret, shut out (up), stop.
hid, hide, secret...
- H5641. cathar, saw-thar'; a prim. root; to hide (by covering), lit. or fig.:--be absent, keep close, conceal, hide (self), (keep) secret, X surely.
destroy, secret thing
- H5642. cethar, (Chald.), seth-ar'; corresp. to
H5641; to conceal; fig. to demolish:--destroy, secret thing.
- (Ezra 5:12, destroyed; Dan 2:22, secret thing)
backbiting, covering, covert...
- H5643. cether, say'-ther; or (fem.) cithrah (Deut. 32 : 38), sith-raw'; from
H5641; a cover (in a good or a bad, a lit. or a fig. sense):--backbiting, covering, covert, X disguise [-th], hiding place, privily, protection, secret (-ly, place).
X held, hide (self), do secretly
- H2244. chaba', khaw-baw'; a prim. root [comp.
H2245]; to secrete:-- X held, hide (self), do secretly.
- H2245. chabab, khaw-bab'; a prim. root [comp.
H2247]; prop. to hide (as in the bosom), i.e. to cherish (with affection):--love.
- H2247. chabah, khaw-bah'; a prim. root [comp.
H2245]; to secrete:--hide (self).
have hope, make refuge, (put) trust
- H2620. chacah, khaw-saw'; a prim. root; to flee for protection [comp.
H982]; fig. to confide in:--have hope, make refuge, (put) trust.
jewel, peculiar (treasure), proper good, special
- H5459. cegullah, seg-ool-law'; fem. pass. part. of an unused root mean. to shut up; wealth (as closely shut up):--jewel, peculiar (treasure), proper good, special.
(ragged) rock, stone (-ny), strong hold
- H5553. cela', seh'-lah; from an unused root mean. to be lofty; a craggy rock, lit. or fig. (a fortress):--(ragged) rock, stone (-ny), strong hold.
figure, idol, image
- H5566. cemel, seh'-mel; or cemel, say'-mel; from an unused root mean. to resemble; a likeness:--figure, idol, image.
- H5559. celiq, (Chald.), sel-eek'; a prim. root; to ascend:--come (up).
bill, book, scroll...
- H5612. cepher, say'-fer; or (fem.) ciphrah (Psa. 56 : 8
[H9], sif-raw'; from
H5608; prop. writing (the art or a document); by impl. a book:--bill, book, evidence, X learn [-ed] (-ing), letter, register, scroll.
- H2254. chabal, khaw-bal'; a prim. root; to wind tightly (as a rope), i.e. to bind; spec. by a pledge; fig. to pervert, destroy; also to writhe in pain (espec. of parturition):-- X at all, band, bring forth, (deal) corrupt (-ly) destroy, offend, lay to (take a) pledge, spoil, travail, X very, withhold.
- H2256. chebel, kheh'-bel; or chebel, khay'-bel; from
H2254; a rope (as twisted), espec. a measuring line; by impl. a district or inheritance (as measured); or a noose (as of cords); fig. a company (as if tied together); also a throe (espec. of parturition); also ruin:--band, coast, company, cord, country, destruction, line, lot, pain, pang, portion, region, rope, snare, sorrow, tackling.
- H2266. chabar, khaw-bar'; a prim. root; to join (lit. or fig.); spec. (by means of spells) to fascinate:--charm (-er), be compact, couple (together), have fellowship with, heap up, join (self, together), league.
shew self merciful, put to shame
- H2616. chacad, khaw-sad'; a prim. root; prop. perh. to bow (the neck only [comp.
H2603] in courtesy to an equal), i.e. to be kind; also (by euphem. [comp.
H1288], but rarely) to reprove:--shew self merciful, put to shame.
- H2623. chaciyd, khaw-seed'; from
H2616; prop. kind, i.e. (religiously) pious (a saint):--godly (man), good, holy (one), merciful, saint, [un-] godly.
be fierce, sharpen
- H2300. chadad, khaw-dad'; a prim. root; to be (caus. make) sharp or (fig.) severe:--be fierce, sharpen.
- H2301. Chadad, khad-ad'; from
H2300; fierce; Chadad, an Ishmaelite:--Hadad.
enter a privy chamber
- H2314. chadar, khaw-dar'; a prim. root; prop. to inclose (as a room), i.e. (by anal.) to beset (as in a siege):--enter a privy chamber.
[bed] inner) chamber...
- H2315. cheder, kheh'-der; from
H2314; an apartment (usually lit.):--([bed] inner) chamber, innermost (-ward) part, parlour, + south, X within.
- H2318. chadash, khaw-dash'; a prim. root; to be new; caus. to rebuild:--renew, repair.
fresh, new thing
- H2319. chadash, khaw-dawsh'; from
H2318; new:--fresh, new thing.
(solemn) feast (day), sacrifice, solemnity
- H2282. chag, khag; or chag, khawg; from
H2287; a festival, or a victim therefor:--(solemn) feast (day), sacrifice, solemnity.
- H2283. chaga', khaw-gaw'; from an unused root mean. to revolve [comp.
H2287]; prop. vertigo, i.e. (fig.) fear:--terror.
- (Isa 19:17)
- H2287. chagag, khaw-gag'; a prim. root [comp.
H2328; prop. to move in a circle, i.e. (spec.) to march in a sacred procession, to observe a festival; by impl. to be giddy:--celebrate, dance, (keep, hold) a (solemn) feast (holiday), reel to and fro.
abolish, alter change, renew...
- H2498. chalaph, khaw-laf'; a prim. root; prop. to slide by i.e. (by impl.) to hasten away, pass on, spring up, pierce or change:--abolish, alter change, cut off, go on forward, grow up, be over, pass (away, on, through), renew, sprout, strike through.
deliver, draw out, make fat, loose...
- H2502. chalats, khaw-lats' a prim. root; to pull off; hence (hntens.) to strip, (reflex.) to depart; by impl. to deliver, equip (for fight); present, strengthen:--arm (self), (go, ready) armed (X man, soldier), deliver, draw out, make fat, loose, (ready) prepared, put off, take away, withdraw self.
- H2487. chaliyphah, khal-ee-faw'; from
H2498; alternation:--change, course.
(cause to) dream (-er), be in good liking, recover
- H2492. chalam, khaw-lam'; a prim. root; prop. to bind firmly, i.e. (by impl.) to be (causat. to make) plump; also (through the fig. sense of dumbness) to dream:--(cause to) dream (-er), be in good liking, recover.
- H2493. chelem, (Chald.), khay'-lem; from a root corresp. to
H2492; a dream:--dream.
- H2494. Chelem, khay'-lem; from
H2492; a dream; Chelem, an Isr.:--Helem. Comp.
- H2472. chalowm, khal-ome'; or (short.) chalom, khal-ome'; from
H2492; a dream:--dream (-er).
- H2525. cham, khawm; from
H2552; hot:--hot, warm.
- H2526. Cham, khawm; the same as
H2525; hot (from the tropical habitat); Cham, a son of Noah; also (as a patron.) his desc. or their country:--Ham.
to delight in:--beauty, pleasant (thing), precious (thing)
- H2530. chamad, khaw-mad'; a prim. root; to delight in:--beauty, greatly beloved, covet, delectable thing, ( X great) delight, desire, goodly, lust, (be) pleasant (thing), precious (thing).
enflame self, get (have) heat, be (wax) hot...
- H2552. chamam, khaw-mam'; a prim. root; to be hot (lit. or fig.):--enflame self, get (have) heat, be (wax) hot, (be, wax) warm (self, at).
cruel (man), dyed, be grieved, leavened
- H2556. chamets, khaw-mates'; a prim. root; to be pungent; i.e. in taste (sour, i.e. lit. fermented, or fig. harsh), in color (dazzling):--cruel (man), dyed, be grieved, leavened.
leaven, leavened (bread)
- H2557. chametz, khaw-mates'; from
H2556; ferment, (fig.) extortion:--leaven, leavened (bread).
daub, foul, be red, trouble
- H2560. chamar, khaw-mar'; a prim. root; prop. to boil up; hence to ferment (with scum); to glow (with redness); as denom. (from
H2564) to smear with pitch:--daub, foul, be red, trouble.
- H2564. chemar, khay-mawr'; from
H2560; bitumen (as rising to the surface):--slime (-pit).
fif [-teen], fifth, five (X apiece)
- H2568. chamesh, khaw-maysh'; masc. chamishshah, kham-ish-shaw'; a prim. numeral; five:--fif [-teen], fifth, five (X apiece).
- H2572. chamishshiym, kham-ish-sheem'; multiple of
abide (in tents), camp, dwell, encamp...
- H2583. chanah, khaw-naw'; a prim. root [comp.
H2603]; prop. to incline; by impl. to decline (of the slanting rays of evening); spec. to pitch a tent; gen. to encamp (for abode or siege):--abide (in tents), camp, dwell, encamp, grow to an end, lie, pitch (tent), rest in tent.
beseech, X fair, (be, find, shew) favour (-able)...
- H2603. chanan, khaw-nan'; a prim. root [comp.
H2583]; prop. to bend or stoop in kindness to an inferior; to favor, bestow; causat. to implore (i.e. move to favor by petition):--beseech, X fair, (be, find, shew) favour (-able), be (deal, give, grant (gracious (-ly), intreat, (be) merciful, have (shew) mercy (on, upon), have pity upon, pray, make supplication, X very.
delight, desire, favour, like, move, be (well) pleased, have pleasure...
- H2654. chaphets, khaw-fates'; a prim. root; prop. to incline to; by impl. (lit. but rarely) to bend; fig. to be pleased with, desire:-- X any at all, (have, take) delight, desire, favour, like, move, be (well) pleased, have pleasure, will, would.
- H2656. chephets, khay'-fets; from
H2654; pleasure; hence (abstr.) desire; concr. a valuable thing; hence (by extens.) a matter (as something in mind):--acceptable, delight (-some), desire, things desired, matter, pleasant (-ure), purpose, willingly.
(my delight (is) in her)--Hephzi-bah
- H2657. Chephtsiy bahh, khef-tsee'; baw; from
H2656 with suffixes; my delight (is) in her; Cheptsi-bah, a fanciful name for Pal.:--Hephzi-bah.
desolate, destroy, waste...
- H2717. charab, khaw-rab'; or chareb, khaw-rabe'; a prim. root; to parch (through drought), i.e. (by anal.) to desolate, destroy, kill:--decay, (be) desolate, destroy (-er), (be) dry (up), slay, X surely, (lay, lie, make) waste.
- H2729. charad, khaw-rad'; a prim. root; to shudder with terror; hence to fear; also to hasten (with anxiety):--be (make) afraid, be careful, discomfit, fray (away), quake, tremble.
- H2771. Charan, kaw-rawn'; from
H2787; parched; Charan, the name of a man and also of a place:--Haran.
be angry, be hot, be wroth...
- H2734. charah, khaw-raw'; a prim. root [comp.
H2787]; to glow or grow warm; fig. (usually) to blaze up, of anger, zeal, jealousy:--be angry, burn, be displeased, X earnestly, fret self, grieve, be (wax) hot, be incensed, kindle, X very, be wroth. See
be angry, burn, dry, kindle
- H2787. charar, khaw-rar'; a prim. root; to glow, i.e. lit. (to melt, burn, dry up) or fig. (to show or incite passion:--be angry, burn, dry, kindle.
sore displeasure, fierce (-ness), fury, (fierce) wrath (-ful)
- H2740. charown, khaw-rone'; or (short.) charon, khaw-rone'; from
H2734; a burning of anger:--sore displeasure, fierce (-ness), fury, (fierce) wrath (-ful).
bestir self, decide, decree, determine, maim, move
- H2782. charats, khaw-rats'; a prim. root; prop. to point sharply, i.e. (lit.) to wound; fig. to be alert, to decide:--bestir self, decide, decree, determine, maim, move.
- H2742. charuwts, khaw-roots'; or charuts, khaw-roots'; pass. part. of
H2782; prop. incised or (act.) incisive; hence (as noun masc. or fem.) a trench (as dug), gold (as mined), a threshing-sledge (having sharp teeth); (fig.) determination; also eager:--decision, diligent, (fine) gold, pointed things, sharp, threshing instrument, wall.
- H2748. chartom, khar-tome'; from the same as
H2747; a horoscopist (as drawing magical lines or circles):--magician.
age, short time, world
- H2465. cheled, kheh'-led; from an unused root appar. mean. to glide swiftly; life (as a fleeting portion of time); hence the world (as transient):--age, short time, world.
- H2466. cheled, khay'-led; the same as
H2465; Cheled, an Isr.:--Heled.
- (1 Chr 11:30)
- H2469. Chelday, khel-dah'-ee; from
H2466; worldliness; Cheldai, the name of two Isr.:--Heldai.
- H2529. chem'ah, khem-aw'; or (short.) chemah, khay-maw'; from the same root as
H2346; curdled milk or cheese:--butter.
- H2528. chema', (Chald.), khem-aw'; or chamah (Chald.), kham-aw'; corresp. to
fury, indignation, wrath...
- H2534. chemah, khay-maw'; or (Dan. 11 : 44) chema', khay-maw'; from
H3179; heat; fig. anger, poison (from its fever):--anger, bottles, hot displeasure, furious (-ly, -ry), heat, indignation, poison, rage, wrath (-ful). See
axe, dagger, knife, mattock, sword, tool
- H2719. chereb, kheh'-reb; from
H2717; drought; also a cutting instrument (from its destructive effect), as a knife, sword, or other sharp implement:--axe, dagger, knife, mattock, sword, tool.
make accursed, consecrate, (utterly) destroy...
- H2763. charam, khaw-ram'; a prim. root; to seclude; spec. (by a ban) to devote to relig. uses (espec. destruction); phys. and reflex. to be blunt as to the nose:--make accursed, consecrate, (utterly) destroy, devote, forfeit, have a flat nose, utterly (slay, make away).
- H2764. cherem, khay'-rem; or (Zech. 14 : 11) cherem, kheh'-rem; from
H2763; phys. (as shutting in) a net (either lit. or fig.); usually a doomed object; abstr. extermination:--(ac-)curse (-d, -d thing), dedicated thing, things which should have been utterly destroyed, (appointed to) utter destruction, devoted (thing), net.
graving tool, pen
- H2747. cheret, kheh'-ret; from a prim. root mean. to engrave; a chisel or graver; also a style for writing:--graving tool, pen.
- H2398. chata', khaw-taw'; a prim. root; prop. to miss; hence (fig. and gen.) to sin; by infer. to forfeit, lack, expiate, repent, (causat.) lead astray, condemn:--bear the blame, cleanse, commit [sin], by fault, harm he hath done, loss, miss, (make) offend (-er), offer for sin, purge, purify (self), make reconciliation, (cause, make) sin (-ful, -ness), trespass.
fault, X grievously, offence, (punishment of) sin
- H2399. chet', khate; from
H2398; a crime or its penalty:--fault, X grievously, offence, (punishment of) sin.
offender, sinful, sinner
- H2400. chatta', khat-taw'; intens. from
H2398; a criminal, or one accounted guilty:--offender, sinful, sinner.
- H2403. chatta'ah, khat-taw-aw'; or chatta'th, khat-tawth'; from
H2398; an offence (sometimes habitual sinfulness), and its penalty, occasion, sacrifice, or expiation; also (concr.) an offender:--punishment (of sin), purifying (-fication for sin), sin (-ner, offering).
+ archer, arrow, dart, shaft, staff, wound
- H2671. chets, khayts; from
H2686; prop. a piercer, i.e. an arrow; by impl. a wound; fig. (of God) thunder-bolt; (by interchange for
H6086) the shaft of a spear:-- + archer, arrow, dart, shaft, staff, wound.
divide, X live out half, reach to the midst, part
- H2673. chatsah, khaw-tsaw'; a prim. root [comp.
H2686]; to cut or split in two; to halve:--divide, X live out half, reach to the midst, part.
half, middle, mid [-night], midst, part, two parts
- H2677. chetsiy, khay-tsee'; from
H2673; the half or middle:--half, middle, mid [-night], midst, part, two parts.
archer, X bands, cut off in the midst
- H2686. chatsats, khaw-tsats'; a prim. root [comp.
H2673]; prop. to chop into, pierce or sever; hence to curtail, to distribute (into ranks); as denom. from
H2671, to shoot an arrow:--archer, X bands, cut off in the midst.
dark saying (sentence, speech), hard question, proverb, riddle
- H2420. chiydah, khee-daw'; from
H2330; a puzzle; hence a trick, conundrum, sententious maxim:--dark saying (sentence, speech), hard question, proverb, riddle.
be black, be (make) dark, darken, cause darkness, be dim, hide
- H2821. chashak, khaw-shak'; a prim. root; to be dark (as withholding light); transit. to darken:--be black, be (make) dark, darken, cause darkness, be dim, hide.
dark (-ness), night, obscurity
- H2822. choshek, kho-shek'; from
H2821; the dark; hence (lit.) darkness; fig. misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness:--dark (-ness), night, obscurity.
make an end, mark, seal (up), stop
- H2856. chatham, khaw-tham'; a prim. root; to close up; espec. to seal:--make an end, mark, seal (up), stop.
cut, dig, divide, grave, hew (out, -er), make, mason
- H2672. chatsab, khaw-tsab'; or chatseb, khaw-tsabe'; a prim. root; to cut or carve (wood, stone or other material); by impl. to hew, split, square, quarry, engrave:--cut, dig, divide, grave, hew (out, -er), make, mason.
- H2689. chatsotserah, khats-o-tser-aw'; by redupl. from
H2690; a trumpet (from its sundered or quavering note):--trumpet (-er).
blow, sound, trumpeter
- H2690. chatsar, khaw-tsar'; a prim. root; prop. to surround with a stockade, and thus separate from the open country; but used only in the redupl. form. chatsotser, khast-o-tsare'; or
(H2 Chron. 5 : 12) chatsorer, hhats-o-rare'; as dem. from
H2689; to trumpet, i.e. blow on that instrument:--blow, sound, trumpeter.
- H2324. chava', (Chald.), khav-aw'; corresp. to
H2331; to show:--shew.
living (creature, thing)...
- H2416. chay, khah'ee; from
H2421; alive; hence raw (flesh); fresh (plant, water, year), strong, also (as noun, espec. in the fem. sing. and masc. plur.) life (or living thing), whether lit. or fig.:-- + age, alive, appetite, (wild) beast, company, congregation, life (-time), live (-ly), living (creature, thing), maintenance, + merry, multitude, + (be) old, quick, raw, running, springing, troop.
life, that liveth, living
- H2417. chay, (Chald.), khah'ee; from
H2418; alive; also (as noun in plur.) life:--life, that liveth, living.
live, keep alive
- H2418. chaya', (Chald.), khah-yaw'; or chayah (Chald.), khah-yaw'; corresp. to
H2421; to live:--live, keep alive.
- H2421. chayah, khaw-yaw'; a prim. root [comp.
H2424]; to live whether lit. or fig.; causat, to revive:--keep (leave, make) alive, X certainly, give (promise) life, (let, suffer to) live, nourish up, preserve (alive), quicken, recover, repair, restore (to life), revive, (X God) save (alive, life, lives), X surely, be whole.
- H2423. cheyva', (Chald.), khay-vaw'; from
H2418; an animal:--beast.
- H2424. chayuwth, khah-yooth'; from
H2421; life:-- X living.
- (2 Sam 30:3)
- H2331. chavah, khaw-vah'; a prim. root; [comp.
H2421]; prop. to live; by impl. (intens.) to declare or show:--show
behold, have [a dream], see, be wont
- H2370. chaza', (Chald.), khaz-aw'; or chazah (Chald.), khaz-aw'; corresp. to
H2372; to gaze upon; mentally to dream, be usual (i.e. seem):--behold, have [a dream], see, be wont.
behold, look, prophesy, provide, see
- H2372. chazah, khaw-zaw'; a prim. root; to gaze at; mentally to perceive, contemplate (with pleasure); spec. to have a vision of:--behold, look, prophesy, provide, see.
clay, heap, homer, mire, motion, mortar
- H2563. chomer, kho'-mer; from
H2560; prop. a bubbling up, i.e. of water, a wave; of earth, mire or clay (cement); also a heap; hence a chomer or dry measure:--clay, heap, homer, mire, motion, mortar.
agreement, prophet, see that, seer, [star-] gazer
- H2374. chozeh, kho-zeh'; act. part. of
H2372; a beholder in vision; also a compact (as looked upon with approval):--agreement, prophet, see that, seer, [star-] gazer.
look, vision, visions
- H2376. chezev, (Chald.), khay'-zev; from
H2370; a sight:--look, vision.
- H2377. chazown, khaw-zone'; from
H2372; a sight (mentally) i.e. a dream, revelation, or oracle:--vision.
- H2378. chazowth, khaw-zooth'; from
H2372; a revelation:--vision.
agreement, notable (one), vision
- H2380. chazuwth, khaw-zooth'; from
H2372; a look; hence (fig.) striking appearance, revelation, or (by impl.) compact:--agreement, notable (one), vision.
- H2384. chizzayown, khiz-zaw-yone'; from
H2372; a revelation, espec. by dream:--vision.
- H2406. chittah, khit-taw'; of uncert. der.; wheat, whether the grain or the plant:--wheat (-en).
month (-ly), new moon
- H2320. chodesh, kho'-desh; from
H2318; the new moon; by impl. a month:--month (-ly), new moon.
- H2722. Choreb, kho-rabe'; from
H2717; desolate; Choreb, a (gen.) name for the Sinaitic mountains:--Horeb.
- H2346. chowmah, kho-maw'; fem. act. part. of an unused root appar. mean. to join; a wall of protection:--wall, walled.
- H2330. chuwd, khood; a prim. root; prop. to tie a knot, i.e. (fig.) to propound a riddle:--put forth.
- H2328. chuwg, khoog; a prim. root [comp.
H2287]; to describe a circle:--compass.
- (Job 26:10)
- H2342. chuwl, khool; or chiyl, kheel; a prim. root; prop. to twist or whirl (in a circular or spiral manner), i.e. (spec.) to dance, to writhe in pain (espec. of parturition) or fear; fig. to wait, to pervert:--bear, (make to) bring forth, (make to) calve, dance, drive away, fall grievously (with pain), fear, form, great, grieve, (be) grievous, hope, look, make, be in pain, be much (sore) pained, rest, shake, shapen, (be) sorrow (-ful), stay, tarry, travail (with pain), tremble, trust, wait carefully (patiently), be wounded.
(make) haste (-n), ready
- H2363. chuwsh, koosh; a prim. root; to hurry; fig. to be eager with excitement or enjoyment:--(make) haste (-n), ready.
- H5451. cibboleth, sib-bo-leth; for
H7641; an ear of grain:--Sibboleth.
- (Judg 12:6)
- H5514. Ciynay, see-nah'ee; of uncert. der.; Sinai, a mountain of Arabia:--Sinai.
- H5515. Ciyniym, see-neem'; plur. of an otherwise unknown name; Sinim, a distant Oriental region:--Sinim.
assembly, counsel, inward, secret (counsel)
- H5475. cowd, sode; from
H3245; a session, i.e. company of persons (in close deliberation); by impl. intimacy, consultation, a secret:--assembly, counsel, inward, secret (counsel).
covert, den, pavilion, tabernacle
- H5520. cok, soke; from
H5526; a hut (as of entwined boughs); also a lair:--covert, den, pavilion, tabernacle.
booth, cottage, covert, pavilion, tabernacle, tent
- H5521. cukkah, sook-kaw'; fem. of
H5520; a hut or lair:--booth, cottage, covert, pavilion, tabernacle, tent.
crane, horse ([-back, -hoof])
- H5483. cuwc, soos; or cuc, soos; from an unused root mean. to skip (prop. for joy): a horse (as leaping); also a swallow (from its rapid flight):--crane, horse ([-back, -hoof]). Comp.
consume, have an end, perish, X be utterly
- H5486. cuwph, soof; a prim. root; to snatch away, i.e. terminate:--consume, have an end, perish, X be utterly.
- H5487. cuwph, (Chald.), soof; corresp. to
H5486; to come to an end:--consumme, fulfil.
Click here for more Dictionary!
© 1997-2070., Al M. Rogers, Jr.